The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Still after 1.2 Patch: SHOCK > project

Lijun

I was told they were going to be fixing this. I cant count how many times my project doesnt do any damage because it is not instant like the Inquisitor's Shock.

Anyone else upset about this? I actually play both Sorc and Sage/Shadow and must say Shock is much much better, in PvE and especially PvP.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes yes yes...folks have been trying to get this changed forever back into beta...

They were supposed to make the republic skills that were mirror imbalanced more responsive and more inline with their counterparts...apparently they gave out after trooper...

I prefer Project on my Shadow as I can get better burst, but I would prefer shock if I was a sage/sorc.

Either way tho, no matter which you prefer they should be balanced with one another.

instant is always gonna be better imo, targets die, stealth, pop cooldowns, use medpac, etc before the project hits. i have seen my project rock just sit there floating soo many times

I kinda like it.. my rock is sitting there.. then it zooms and is followed by a bunch of pebbles.. kinda like a meteor and its meteorites.

Who cares about the animation when your rock wont even hit some targets.

You people who think its fine the way it is are casuals im sure. No one who takes the game seriously especially in PvP wants such a huge disadvantage.

You can keep the rock animation just make the inquisitor animation simialr and the dmg delayed like project.. WALA FIXED and FAIR.... BIOWARE is some pretty damn stupid imo... they have known about this issue since beta... yet they touted the classes were MIRRORS... all the while doing nothing about the differences... differences that give one class superiority.

If they want serious PvPers to stick with this game, they need to fix these imbalances.. its not like it would be hard to do.

You people who think its fine the way it is are casuals im sure. No one who takes the game seriously especially in PvP wants such a huge disadvantage.

You can keep the rock animation just make the inquisitor animation simialr and the dmg delayed like project.. WALA FIXED and FAIR.... BIOWARE is some pretty damn stupid imo... they have known about this issue since beta... yet they touted the classes were MIRRORS... all the while doing nothing about the differences... differences that give one class superiority.

If they want serious PvPers to stick with this game, they need to fix these imbalances.. its not like it would be hard to do.

The main problem, there are others, with delaying shock is that the abilities are supposed to become MORE RESPONSIVE...not be made more sluggish. Delay is bad, except for the people that want to cheat the GCD because they think it gives them some kind of burst advantage.

The delay sux. I hate hitting an instant skill and getting a delayed effect. Force Wave also drives me nuts. If you want to start introducing delays into other classes instant cast/damage skills, then why stop with Inqs??? Why not start delaying EVERYONES damage? See how stupid it gets? The better design solution is to remove delays as much as possible. People dont like pressing buttons and having nothing happen...the GCD already makes the game feel sluggish in some regards to alot of players.

Clearly the way to go, and the way they went with the trooper animations, is to IMPROVE responsiveness.

Edited by Dyvim

I'm sorry but serious Shadow PVPers, want to keep the delay in project. It's called burst damage. It's called killing people. It's ignorant to make some blanket statement saying that only casuals support the delay. Really? C'mon man...

I'm sorry but serious Shadow PVPers, want to keep the delay in project. It's called burst damage. It's called killing people. It's ignorant to make some blanket statement saying that only casuals support the delay. Really? C'mon man...

How wrong you are.

Cant be bothered to fix major issues like this and force wave...Nope, too busy nerfing sages to the ground to make the overwhelming large sage/sorc playerbase to reroll. Also, we don't want to make the new PvE content too easy either.

Gotta keep those $15 a month rolling in after all....

Edited by Mysticjbyrd

Cant be bothered to fix major issues like this and force wave...Nope, too busy nerfing sages to the ground to make the overwhelming large sage/sorc playerbase to reroll. Also, we don't want to make the new PvE content too easy either.

Gotta keep those $15 a month rolling in after all....

Any idea why sorc/sage pop is so high? Oh yeah - their imba!!! My main is a sorc and it is a powerhouse of healing and damage - no other class in the game can do this. I support sorc/sage nerf and especially the heal nerf.

Stop crying because your game has been so far too easy - adjust or lose.

As infiltration shadow I don't have any issues with project. I kill everything anyway!

Nor does my Shadow. I like how Project works as it is. I fail to see the problem in the first place. It follows suit with the example of those shown in the movies where it is used. Jedi latches on with force, it moves, and then slammed into the target. The fact that chucks of rock, metal, droid, or bathtub are jerked out of the ground, to a throwing height, and then it accelerates into the target makes perfect sense.

The way it appears, people want to launch a ballistic type missile by having it fire out of the ground and strike the target. They only way this is going to work is through a ballistic arc. This, in my opinion will take as long as or longer than works now. Any way you look at it, the chunk of debris has to exit the ground before thrown or directed at the target. This might change if the missile object was something above ground like a table, light fixture, or some big chunk of debris lying around. However, I do not see that happening.

There's no reason whatsoever for Jedi (as opposed to Sith) to be "throwing things". Every time it's seen in the Movies, it's done by SITH -- Vader, Dooku, Palpatine. Something like a force slam, using the same animation as used for breaking explosive barrels or the like, is perfect.

As for the "burst advantage", NO. Project and Shock are supposed to be mirror abilities, so they should be mirrored both ways, without any animation-related advantages -- just as was done for Mortar Volley/Death from Above.

Why do you have to use project as an instant cast? As it is the "delay" gives us our one advantage over the Sorc mirror class, namely improved burst.

I agree. I can initate Project, move in to attack with my lightsaber the same time it hits. The latter if I am close enough to move into melee range. Either way, I can move without it being interrupted, which I find advantegous.

What They should fix for both classes is the Los check...they should find a way to do a second Los check cause i stil see my debris going truth walls and stuff if the target moves! Bolts its the same!

About the rest imo its more than ok...what doesn't kills me makes me Stronger!

Nor does my Shadow. I like how Project works as it is. I fail to see the problem in the first place. It follows suit with the example of those shown in the movies where it is used. Jedi latches on with force, it moves, and then slammed into the target. The fact that chucks of rock, metal, droid, or bathtub are jerked out of the ground, to a throwing height, and then it accelerates into the target makes perfect sense.

The way it appears, people want to launch a ballistic type missile by having it fire out of the ground and strike the target. They only way this is going to work is through a ballistic arc. This, in my opinion will take as long as or longer than works now. Any way you look at it, the chunk of debris has to exit the ground before thrown or directed at the target. This might change if the missile object was something above ground like a table, light fixture, or some big chunk of debris lying around. However, I do not see that happening.

If you dont see a problem, it is simply because you arent looking, or just want the GCD burst cheat no matter what...

Project is a horrible animation...it:

1) Breaks the mirror mechanic with damage delay

2) Breaks the suspension of disbelief mechanics with endless junk conjuring

3) Breaks the environment by conjuring laughingly inappropriate junk, like rocks in spaceships

4) Breaks the fundamentals of the lore. Jedi arent junk throwers. If ANYONE throws junk in the game, it should be Sith. This goes back in the lore to ESB and back to the VERY first 3d lucas game where you could wield a lightsaber and use force powers. Throwing junk was classified as a darkside skill then...and always has been, afaik...

The damage delay really is a big deal, and is worse for sages because of their 30m range, the damage is more delayed due to travel time. So people stealthing, leaving the clunker in the air, is common. THIS NEVER, EVER happens with Shock.

Now, what example in SIX movies has a JEDI, not SITH, but a JEDI, throwing a pebblestorm or pulling up junk out of the ground..NONE. Or even throwing junk, period. Yoda threw back ONE senate car, reflectively after sidious threw 7 or so at him. Anakin threw some junk at geo's, but that was more of a vader preview than anything...in the same movie he slaughtered women and children, got married, etc. Contrast this with EVERY SINGLE SITH throwing junk at targets. In fact Sith throw junk MORE THAN they choke, more than they use lightning. Junk throwing is their most frequent ranged attack across SIX movies...

There is NOTHING that makes sense for magic junk conjuring out of the ground for jedi. NOTHING. Especially when we get rocks out of spaceships or droid parts everywhere. IT IS LAUGHABLE. Its a bad joke. It is terrible design, and it is ridiculous from a lore point of view...

All jedi ranged attacks, in the lore and historically, have been based off of the force push concept. It is more inherently defensive and it makes more sense, as it is environmentally independent, it looks good anywhere. And these effects can vary wildly, as they deal with bomb type blasts, created by the force, with shockwaves, pressure differentials, etc. Can jedi do other things...sure, like use a version of lightning, choke, throw things, etc. But these are NOT signature skills and are not appropriate for the basis of the class.

Edited by Dyvim

I agree. I can initate Project, move in to attack with my lightsaber the same time it hits. The latter if I am close enough to move into melee range. Either way, I can move without it being interrupted, which I find advantegous.

Again, all you want to do is GCD burst cheat, regardless of the lore or the other problems with the animation. As a shadow, I dont need it, I would rather have instant, like on my Sin. As a Sage it is a HELLUVA disadvantage, as the delay increases with range. THe sorc side is infinitely superior.

There's no reason whatsoever for Jedi (as opposed to Sith) to be "throwing things". Every time it's seen in the Movies, it's done by SITH -- Vader, Dooku, Palpatine. Something like a force slam, using the same animation as used for breaking explosive barrels or the like, is perfect.

As for the "burst advantage", NO. Project and Shock are supposed to be mirror abilities, so they should be mirrored both ways, without any animation-related advantages -- just as was done for Mortar Volley/Death from Above.

Thank god, someone else that actually watched a star wars movie and paid attention. This is not the game for rock conjuring earth shamans.

Edited by Dyvim

If you dont see a problem, it is simply because you arent looking, or just want the GCD burst cheat no matter what...

Clearly, if it was a glaring cheat as you claim it is, then it stands to reason BW would have addressed it when the released 1.2. They did not, which means, at this present time, BW does not see it as you claim it is. Until such time they do, I will use this attack as the tool it was meant for. You have the choice of not using it. I do not fault you or judge you either way.

Thank god, someone else that actually watched a star wars movie and paid attention. This is not the game for rock conjuring earth shamans.

Really? You assume I have never seen any of the movies. I guess being there at the premier of Star Wars in 1977 disqualifies me. Furthermore, does owning all of the movies count for or against me? What about the number of novels I have read. One that I particularly loved, "I, Jedi," was a good yarn. Does that mean I have no knowledge of the Star Wars universe? I guess, what it really boils down to my opinion differs from yours, which means I have no knowledge of what is or is not in the universe.

I totally agree...They are supposed to be mirror classes so they should be equal. Some people may prefer "the Burst damage" of project but maybe some inquisitor wants a delay as well, so that they can do burst damage. Either way, in PVP far too many times have I gone to finish someone of with project only to see my Rock hit a dead body..:confused: They seriously need to fix these delays. Cheers.