Fix performance

Blackcules

Ok, this is my third thread (others got deleted due to profanity). BW, is there any reason why I am still getting 20 FPS in Warzones? My rig is good enough to get 55FPS av in Crysis 2, but apparently not good enough to get 40FPS in windowed mode 600x800 in VERY LOW GRAPHICS. I GET THE SAME FPS REGARDLESS OF ANY SETTINGS!

SO can you please explain to me why I am STILL getting terrible FPS? I have 3 RIGS all HIGH-END, none of them get above 30FPS AVR in warzones, or any area that has to render other characters.

So please give me an explanation as to why I can't play this game at a decent Fps.

Ok, this is my third thread (others got deleted due to profanity). BW, is there any reason why I am still getting 20 FPS in Warzones? My rig is good enough to get 55FPS av in Crysis 2, but apparently not good enough to get 40FPS in windowed mode 600x800 in VERY LOW GRAPHICS. I GET THE SAME FPS REGARDLESS OF ANY SETTINGS!

SO can you please explain to me why I am STILL getting terrible FPS? I have 3 RIGS all HIGH-END, none of them get above 30FPS AVR in warzones, or any area that has to render other characters.

So please give me an explanation as to why I can't play this game at a decent Fps.

Anyone without a problem will tell you 'it's your computer' and while most of that holds true, this engine is BAD.

This engine is free for ANYONE to make a MMO from, and if you delve further into it, you will find it has BIG problems with every game made from it.

The way it is.

FPS is the main reason why I can't get into the game.

Ops were a torture to me, because I couldn't really enjoy them with 10-20 fps, Warzones are also crap when you can have 16 fps max on those.

I wont even mention Ilum...

I can't.. I can't find anything worth doing in a game that runs so poorly.

And as an IT student and a person that knows quite a lot about computers (built a couple) I can honestly say I know it's not my machine. It runs all modern games flawlesly. All but TOR.

Obviously, devs will say "we are perfectly happy with our engine" and not do a thing about it.

You know. I had high hopes for this game, but I am finished. I am just waiting for my sub to run out (which is now 30 days longer... ) so I uninstall and never look back.

FPS issue should be priority 1. No question! Yet it seems like it's not even looked at anymore.

This is a direct quote that seems pretty honest from the people that made the hero engine:

"Regarding SW:TOR, we have no way to know how they are handling graphics detail, shading, or other factors that impact frame rate. An engine is the first step, and then it’s up to the engineers and art directors to manage the technical steps necessary to implement their game design.

So, we can’t really give you any insight on how their game is performing in that way, and I’m sure they are working hard at improving any specific issues they are seeing. BioWare is responsible for their own game, we gave them the tools."

FPS is the main reason why I can't get into the game.

Ops were a torture to me, because I couldn't really enjoy them with 10-20 fps, Warzones are also crap when you can have 16 fps max on those.

I wont even mention Ilum...

I can't.. I can't find anything worth doing in a game that runs so poorly.

And as an IT student and a person that knows quite a lot about computers (built a couple) I can honestly say I know it's not my machine. It runs all modern games flawlesly. All but TOR.

Obviously, devs will say "we are perfectly happy with our engine" and not do a thing about it.

You know. I had high hopes for this game, but I am finished. I am just waiting for my sub to run out (which is now 30 days longer... ) so I uninstall and never look back.

FPS issue should be priority 1. No question! Yet it seems like it's not even looked at anymore.

I had the same issues as you once did; I upgraded from a quad core pos amd (first quad) to a intel 2500k and it smoothed things out really well, just not as much as it really should.

The game has some hicups that I wish were fixed before release because I love the pvp (Before patch 1.2).

I am also done in 2 days, but I wish them well.

http://www.heroengine.com/ <------------The engine used to make this game.

http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/heroengine-meets-starwars/ <----Read comments below or just google anything about this troubled engine.

Yes^ this. I always peruse user comments for any semblance of pertinent info regarding a game I play.

Obviously they are the only ones who know anything.

Not saying you're wrong about the engine, but telling people "read the comments below"?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Yes^ this. I always peruse user comments for any semblance of pertinent info regarding a game I play.

Obviously they are the only ones who know anything.

Not saying you're wrong about the engine, but telling people "read the comments below"?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Reading buyers complaints and taking them with a grain of salt works pretty well.

When I buy a product at newegg I read user comment and then base my decision if I will purchase it or not and out of the 13 years of buying, I have a 100% happy record.

That's the new thing, "It can run Crysis, but will it run SWTOR?"

You are telling us you have problems with 3 'HIGH-END' machines without give us specs. That means we really can't properly help you.

Also playing WZ at 20 FPS is probably good enough for the game to be playable. It's when the FPS drop to between 5-10 that you can't play. To be honest with you, I just turn the darn FPS meter off and play the game. Yes they have some problems in WZs but for the most part, they are infrequent and I am able to play fine. I could check but I would be surprised if I were running much more 20 FPS in WZs and I don't notice many problems.

Edited by JerokTalram

Not sure about FPS, but there are some serious latency issues with character positioning in WZs. I'm running in to a lot of lagging enemy players and the delay in the rendering catches up leads to stacked heals appearing to burst for full heal, big damage bursts when really its a series of attacks, etc etc.

well i dont have a super top end pc but i play at high graphic lvl with everything turned on and running through fleet the lowest i drop to is 50fps max 110. Just downloaded fraps to check it out and see because i keep seeing people complain about fps but i dont have any probs with a 2500k and a 6970

My 19yr old son has a new beast of a machine. Runs everything on high and it runs great.

My personal machine, about 4 years old, runs the game great with most things at max level.

Our internet is the fasted offered in my area. Maybe your connection needs help. I live an hour north of Bioware but that should not make a difference.

There IS a reason and I am not trying to be rude I swear, your computer is sub par. This game has very low system requirements compared to many modern games. Crysis 2 is THREE years ago, running that is unimpressive.

Anyone without a problem will tell you 'it's your computer' and while most of that holds true, this engine is BAD.

This engine is free for ANYONE to make a MMO from, and if you delve further into it, you will find it has BIG problems with every game made from it.

The way it is.

Actually, that isn't true. The engine that is running SWTOR wasn't free and has been highly modified from the version that was acquired by Bioware several years ago. Also, it isn't even close to being the same engine that is being used to run HeroCloud.

The OP might want to consider turning the overclocking on the CPU and GPU off.

Edited by terminova

• 2 weeks later...
There IS a reason and I am not trying to be rude I swear, your computer is sub par. This game has very low system requirements compared to many modern games. Crysis 2 is THREE years ago, running that is unimpressive.

Oh yeah?

i7 970

GTX 570

16gigs of DDR3 GSKILL

PSU1000watt

Sabertooth x58 MOBO

What else do I need to play this game well on my sub par rig? Please enlighten me

Oh yeah?

i7 970

GTX 570

16gigs of DDR3 GSKILL

PSU1000watt

Sabertooth x58 MOBO

What else do I need to play this game well on my sub par rig? Please enlighten me

You could SLI those GTX 570's, im SLI'ing two GTX 460's and I run consistently at 60 FPS (Vysnc on) :D

With that memory, try placing some files on a ramdisk. It might improve some things.

I agree at some that the engine is bad if you look how it builds and uses the cachefiles.

Follow link in my sig for ramdisk solution.

I've tried the ramdisk, it hasn't really improved performance. If anything it made my loadscreens shorter. I have really bad stuttering issues that not fixes it really, run the game in the lowest res and graphics and I STILL lag in the fleet lol.