Custom UI XML file saved where?

ViciousFett

In Windows7 it is

/user/AppData/Local/SWTOR/swtor/settings/GUIProfiles

XML file is the name you gave it via the Interface Editor. Standard ones (like retro and extended) don't have a file, just custom setups.

Edited by Sonnis

For the users on Windows XP it's slightly different.

\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\SWTOR\swtor\settings

where 'USERNAME' is you should look for the username you use to log on to Windows.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
In Windows7 it is

XML file is the name you gave it via the Interface Editor. Standard ones (like retro and extended) don't have a file, just custom setups.

Thanks for the help - just transferred to a new PC and this makes setting up my chars a lot easier.

• 1 year later...
In Windows7 it is

Thanks, it helped a lot. W8 are same as W7 in this case. Just a detail - if you are not on your administrator account, you will not find it under your current account but under administrator's account (W8). And binds settings are stored in %GameFolder%/locales/en-US.pak file (or similar, depends on your localization).

Edited by AndrewHanderson

Thanks, it helped a lot. W8 are same as W7 in this case. Just a detail - if you are not on your administrator account, you will not find it under your current account but under administrator's account (W8). And binds settings are stored in %GameFolder%/locales/en-US.pak file (or similar, depends on your localization).

I'm pretty sure keybinds are stored server-side and not in that or any other file on the computer. :confused:

Edited by Jerba

• 6 years later...

I realize this is a necro, but...

I'm pretty sure keybinds are stored server-side and not in that or any other file on the computer. :confused:
Keybinds are indeed stored locally, not on the server.

In Win10, the location is:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\Keybindings\<filename>.xml

(and no, I don't know why the forum insists on putting a space in the middle of the word "settings")

where <username> is the name you use to sign in to the PC, and <filename> is whatever name you used when you saved your keybinds (could have multiple files, if you've saved multiple keybind setups).

I recently installed the game on a new PC and dug up this thread to see where to look on my old PC to find my keybindings and other UI stuff so I can put them on my new PC.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.