The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BW Staff,

this is an exceptional response to your community, especially when looking at the 1day free playtime as compensation for todays unscheduled downtime.

There was some hassle with the 1.2 update introduction, but I can´t think of another company in this business that would compensate their customers promptly as u did.

The same applies to the legacy promotion. Changing your requirements on behalf of community feedback and prolonging the timespan is absolutely miraculous. The reasons to do so are valid, however.

So, while this is my very first forum post ever made, let it be said to all complainers:

WE JUST WITNESSED A CS MIRACLE!

Think about it in comparison to what you´re used to!

Peace out!

Oh I know, I was just saying why in my case it just sucks a bit.:o

No I get it. Me too. I've been playing since Dec. 16th, and have a six month subscription that is active until July. I guess I'm just not going to let it affect how much I love the game, and am happy with Bioware in every other respect.

Like I said...unfortunately there has to be some sort of qualification that is measurable...and unfortunately...they did pick the wrong qualifications.

I do still think it is good of them to adjust the standards, even if still they didn't do it 100% right. It's good of them to listen to their customers.

For people like you and me, hopefully we can be satisfied knowing that if they *could* change the standard at this point they probably would. I think it just may be really unrealistic at this point though, because a lot of people who have been granted a free month would get it taken away. And you know what kind of havoc that would wreak. ;)

Edited by CandarOrdo

This needs to be bumped. After just 1 day, the devs listened and gave you all 30 free days as well. How can you say Bioware doesn't care?

Some believe that if they really cared they would give 30 days to everyone who has been subscribed since day one. Not everybody can dedicate a lot of time to an MMO because of a thing called "Real Life" and would play a lot if they could. Even the changes made here does not satisfy them. Some people consider themselves avid players because they love the game and have been around since before launch.

Edited by enomad

No I get it. Me too. I've been playing since Dec. 16th, and have a six month subscription that is active until July. I guess I'm just not going to let it affect how much I love the game, and am happy with Bioware in every other respect.

Like I said...unfortunately there has to be some sort of qualification that is measurable...and unfortunately...they did pick the wrong qualifications.

I do still think it is good of them to adjust the standards, even if still they didn't do it 100% right. It's good of them to listen to their customers.

For people like you and me, hopefully we can be satisfied knowing that if they *could* change the standard at this point they probably would. I think it just may be really unrealistic at this point though, because a lot of people who have been granted a free month would get it taken away. And you know what kind of havoc that would wreak. ;)

Precisely. Am I going to go home tonight and log in and continue to up my cybertech? Yup. The game is still good and I like to play it. Do I feel bummed that BioWare insists on me to max my levelling in the next 9 days to be appreciated by them, yeah but I'll get a ton of red bull and get over it I guess.

anyone else get the tweet about about everyone getting 1 free day because of long maintenance today :D never seen an mmo do that before, BIG kudos Bioware!!!!

It happens more often than you think tbh.

Mmo companies have been doing this for a while, the funny part, it's normally after a massive patch as well if it happens.

Man people complain just to complain. Unsub and go elsewhere jesus, no wonder the world is so apathetic. People complain about video games and not real world issues.

What makes you think we can't do both? I didn't realize this forum was the place to discuss the plight of various groups being oppressed.

Precisely. Am I going to go home tonight and log in and continue to up my cybertech? Yup. The game is still good and I like to play it. Do I feel bummed that BioWare insists on me to max my levelling in the next 9 days to be appreciated by them, yeah but I'll get a ton of red bull and get over it I guess.

Lol. Not me. I'd rather enjoy it and take my time, despite the "perk" of rushing it and getting to level 50. Plus I'm getting married in two weeks so my schedule is a little crammed. Haha.

i apologize for what ive said in the past, bioware seems to actually care about us. Probably in the top 3 of most caring mmo developers with arenanet and trion worlds in my opinion.

Lol you think... nothing to do with all the negative reactions, the cancelled subs etc... if they truly cared as much as you say, they would never of walked into this mess with both eyes open in the first place... they are in damage limitation mode, fire fighting, nothing more... waiting till the 22nd and see round 2 when loyal casual players that have RL to contend with still havent been able to reach the goals setout... of course all the free rollers who quit in pages of expletives over the last 5 months will be back to knock the game some more by then so these forums should become quite a lot more active and interesting....

To me this stinks of nothing more than oooh crap, we did it again peeps.... lets hope the community forgets and leaves us aone for a while.

all you guys thanking bioware are CHEAP! Wgo cares about a free $15, what can you buy with $15?

Wheres the rated WZ's you promised? Wheres the LFG tool? Why did you make PVP even more grindier? Keep your 30 days for all i care i just want a decent system to play.

You mean after it was edited. 'One of' wasn't in the original line.

Yeah but that's okay. They realized their mistake. At this point they just can't fix it enough to make all of the fuss pots happy.

I'm sure they rush through a lot of stuff. They are really busy with ME3 and SWTOR going at once. They deserve a little grace. Lol. :) I'm sure they would fix it completely if they could.

I like the fact that Bio-ware came to terms with their PR mistake and reworked the Legacy promotion, to include a larger portion of the player base. It was the right thing to do. This latest version of the celebration, should have been the initial release. The frustration shared by so many would have been avoided, including myself. I will say it was barely enough at this point to re-activate my account for now. It did show some character on their part, to recognize how devastating the original release was and made the proper adjustments to the rewards. However, when I have wronged somebody, especially someone important to me, whether it was an action or something said, I admitted the wrong or mistake and I told them I was sorry. I for the most part have moved on from this. It would be more complete, if they said, we regret our choice of wording in our original celebration release as it was never our intention to make anyone feel they were not a valued customer of ours and to that end we commit to ensuring that all our customers feel valued. I am thankful they did at least make the change.