The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1.2 ShieldTech PvP Spec Questions

Wanagi

One of my toons is a 50 Powertech, who has been Pyro spec'd the entire time. I really want to try out Shield Tech for PvP.

Question 1: Should I still be wearing DPS Gear while spec'd ST? Right now i'm in full Champion Eliminators - should I be switching that out for SuperCommando?

Question 2: What kind of rotations should I be thinking about? What skill priorities do you do? Is there a skill priority list?

Question 3: What spec should I be using for pure PvP?

I was thinking something like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GRGM0RbRGRZMs0MZb.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I read Taurgims stuff but I hear Carolina Parokeet is not effective after 1.2

Thank you !

I would go with a variation of IronFist from Taurgrim or something kinda like http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GoGbkRroGRZMcoMZb.1

You'll want shield vents. Some of those points are personal choice. I would recommend the Supercommando PVP gear with dps mods/enhancements. The 4 piece is 5% damage buff when guarding someone, and the reduced CD on Heat Blast is nice for the 31 pt ST builds. But for IronFist I believe he recommends Combat Tech iirc.

Question 1: Should I still be wearing DPS Gear while spec'd ST? Right now i'm in full Champion Eliminators - should I be switching that out for SuperCommando?

This I want to know too. It seems like they buffed defense for PVP but i'm not sure.

I'm a ST with a PVE spec. 32/8/2.

I logged on yesterday and compared my Champ Gear to Recruit. Decided to buy the Recruit gear because of Expertise. I bought everything but the gun, shield, and relics.

I queued up and went into WZs. Out of 10 Wz's .. I placed in the top 6 in 6 of them. My survivability went up, I think its all the expertise. 1 on 1 I was killing others (but using my defensive abilities).

I actually feel like a tank (meaning Im hard to kill) in WZ and feel like I'm wearing heavy armor instead of wet paper bag.

Yes you can do good in Wz's with a ST spec.

I'm a ST with a PVE spec. 32/8/2.

I logged on yesterday and compared my Champ Gear to Recruit. Decided to buy the Recruit gear because of Expertise. I bought everything but the gun, shield, and relics.

I queued up and went into WZs. Out of 10 Wz's .. I placed in the top 6 in 6 of them. My survivability went up, I think its all the expertise. 1 on 1 I was killing others (but using my defensive abilities).

I actually feel like a tank (meaning Im hard to kill) in WZ and feel like I'm wearing heavy armor instead of wet paper bag.

Yes you can do good in Wz's with a ST spec.

I hate to break it to you, but you wasted credits on the recruit gear. Champion gear is still better. The difference between Recruit and Champ in term of expertise PvP bonus is about 4%, but champ gear gives you roughly 250 more Aim and Endurance.