The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

AlysonBridge

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I please get a life-size model of Malavai Quinn to put in my house? :D:ph_lol::jawa_smile::jawa_smile::jawa_smile:

:jawa_wink: I want to enter THAT contest! :jawa_angel:

:ph_love_this:

Thank youuuu! :D

:sy_empire:

I think the only use I would have for that would have to be target practice.

Hmmm I wonder if my shooting range would let me do that???

I want to win this, then put it by my sister-in-law's side fo the bed one day. With the hood down.

Might need to take out a life insurance policy on her first, maybe go in on one with my brother.

Why does this make it sound like you are sharing a bed with your sister in law?

Only open to the US, We in the UK and the rest of Europe pay more than people in the US and get locked out of a competition because there to cheep to pay shipping, I don't really care too much, but you would think they would want to improve their relationship with all there subs, not just the ones in america.

For those of you who do not care about the contest, you do not have to enter! However, there is a 6 thousand dollar price tag on Darth Malgus. And, there are all kinds of people who shop at this store who makes Malgus. Including someone I know. Items sells out all the time. (very exp items that is) So for those of you who have a account, it's free to enter! And even if you pay shipping..your still up on your money by a long shot. Al

Uuuuugh, you aren't paying shipping. This horse has been beaten to death a hundred times already along with a few other select common gripes seen in this thread. You pay the taxes on the shipping. So to use easy round numbers if shipping was $800 and the taxes on it were 10% (for those about to yell and scream but the taxes aren't 10%, it doesn't matter what the tax rate to be charged is I am just picking a random easy number to use) then you would be paying $80.

Only open to the US, We in the UK and the rest of Europe pay more than people in the US and get locked out of a competition because there to cheep to pay shipping, I don't really care too much, but you would think they would want to improve their relationship with all there subs, not just the ones in america.

Its not solely about shipping. As has been discussed over and over and over again, there are legal issues and complications with trying to run multi-national contests. You invariably run into issues where trying to accommodate legal requirements in one country can make you unable to fill requirements in another country. Or there is also the legal complexities and issues that some countries have with any kind of a contest with a prize of this value or nature is strictly prohibited. So the contest gets limited to its country of origin because

A) Shipping costs and ability to guarantee you will be receiving 1 full statue of Darth Malgus versus a dozen small pieces of a statue of Darth Malgus

and B) The companies involved are well aware of the legal requirements that are needed to be met and are more able to easily conform to those requirements

Edited by Hyfy

Still could have said US residents only on the SWTOR website instead of my having to read it on the other website's page. I know this is what happens, but it would be nice for other contests to be at teh same time too - this is a global game.

nearly $6,000. To enter, make your way to the Sideshow Collectible’s contest page, and fill out their general contest form with your name, address, phone number and email

what a very cheap price to pay for so many peoples personal information, gratz.

Are there any better prizes?

Like another free 30 days, or a free upgrade to collector's edition... or even just a unique in-game companion or mount?

Not some fugly statue I have to pay mondo shipping on. (Something that big will cost several hundred dollars to ship at least).

Are there any better prizes?

Like another free 30 days, or a free upgrade to collector's edition... or even just a unique in-game companion or mount?

Not some fugly statue I have to pay mondo shipping on. (Something that big will cost several hundred dollars to ship at least).

See, it's like this...

Once, there was this contest to win a sewing machine. Really nice one. Programmable embroideries and button stitches, the works. My wife entered this contest. She really wanted it. However, I really didn't want it, have no use for it personally, and entering it for my wife would have disqualified her, so I just didn't enter.

Get my point? Or should I spell it out?

Edited by JeramieCrowe

mmmmmmh only open to residents of The United States........well done guys, so everyone else who pays for and play the game get stuffed!........nice customer values, thanks SWTOR:mad:

Yeah, because anyone overseas would LOVE to pay shipping on that thing... For something that will likely show up in pieces.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Shipping and tax , well if it has to go to holland 19 % tax over 6000$ and shipping fee's .

Multi Billion dollar company cant even add a bit of service and cover the fee's for "ONE " starwars fan .

Didn't realize that Slideshow Collectibles was a multi-billion dollar company. Hmm.

If you have to pay the shipping yourself, why is it only US residents can win?

I live within minutes of the border, and I would gladly pay any border charges as well as

shipping fees! Ahh well, I guess Canada still doesn't matter to US based MMOs.

If you have to pay the shipping yourself, why is it only US residents can win?

I live within minutes of the border, and I would gladly pay any border charges as well as

shipping fees! Ahh well, I guess Canada still doesn't matter to US based MMOs.

If you live within minutes of the border, then you have friends with nice US addresses right on the inside of the border, right? :D