The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BM Shadow Stalker DBLS vs. Champion

Pedra

Is there ANY incentive to switching our mainhand from Champion to BM? I've seen others talking about it but until now I've not really checked into it, but wow, the difference in stats is huge...in the wrong direction.

Is there ANY incentive to switching our mainhand from Champion to BM? I've seen others talking about it but until now I've not really checked into it, but wow, the difference in stats is huge...in the wrong direction.

You need to use the BM Stalker Saber and put a Power crystal in it.

You need to use the BM Stalker Saber and put a Power crystal in it.

I bought a power crystal in anticipation of doing that but the overall drop in other stats is pretty big. I should have enough coms to buy it this weekend so I'll take another look.

I bought a power crystal in anticipation of doing that but the overall drop in other stats is pretty big. I should have enough coms to buy it this weekend so I'll take another look.

You're going to have to deal with it for some time. Don't worry too much about it. When you get your WH Staff, in conjunction with the chips (Get the healer chips btw, 69+ power each, THE biggest upgrade over any other piece), you won't be worrying so much for power.

Edited by Xinika

You're going to have to deal with it for some time. Don't worry too much about it. When you get your WH Staff, in conjunction with the chips (Get the healer chips btw, 69+ power each, THE biggest upgrade over any other piece), you won't be worrying so much for power.

Really you should just buy an orange augmented 2h saber and the war hero force-mystic saber; you can just swap in the mods directly (including the hilt), and you get an augment slot. There's really no reason to get the war hero 2h saber unless you really want to save up on comms (you need the BM force-mystic to trade in for the war hero, so that's an extra 1500 wz comms).

Still worth it imo, since the mystic gear has the best itemization by a very large margin.

Really you should just buy an orange augmented 2h saber and the war hero force-mystic saber; you can just swap in the mods directly (including the hilt), and you get an augment slot. There's really no reason to get the war hero 2h saber unless you really want to save up on comms (you need the BM force-mystic to trade in for the war hero, so that's an extra 1500 wz comms).

Still worth it imo, since the mystic gear has the best itemization by a very large margin.

This is a fine idea. Forgot the hilts were also exchangeable. Agreed with mystic's itemization, it's great. Our stalker robe also seems to be chasing after the right direction. Nevertheless, the healer chips (yes, healer) are by far the biggest upgrade and also the easiest to attain.

This is a fine idea. Forgot the hilts were also exchangeable. Agreed with mystic's itemization, it's great. Our stalker robe also seems to be chasing after the right direction. Nevertheless, the healer chips (yes, healer) are by far the biggest upgrade and also the easiest to attain.

Healer chips???

Course of action I took:

1) Byatch-slap my friend to craft me a power crystal.

2) Focus on entirely getting power off-pieces (It's pretty sad when healer parts are better for us than our own btw.)

3) Meanwhile keep on gathering augmented WarHero shells.

4) Gather WH purple piece, rip the mods outs, put them into augmented orange.

5) Profit? No, you still have to remod it.

6) Well, so freaking remod it, accuracy all over the place, da***?

I really like the War Hero Mystic idea. Just bought an augmented saberstaff for 17k off the GTN :p

Already bought a BM survivor staff, just so I can have a full tanking set if necessary (also useful for PVE). I will probably end up using the WH survivor staff until I can get the WH Mystic one placed into my augmented saber.

Also picked up an augmented light headgear for like 19k. Get 'em while you can kids, some crafters don't yet understand the value of augmented items :D