A question for a dev please respond

Nyteblades

Im not rageing or qqing.But could we get a response on wether the items, Races unlocked, And creds spent since 1.2 went live. Will be lost due to roll back? Or will we still have the things we aquired?

If a dev could respond that would be great as the down time dosnt realy bother me, But The thought of loosing the almost 3 mil creds worth of unlocks and items is enough to make me cringe.

I mean, they will either give you the credits back or let you keep what you unlocked. Either way you obviously won't just lose everything. What kind of an assumption is that?

I wasnt assuming anything its why i asked the question. And anyone that has ever seen a major roll back happen knows yes there is a possibility you can loose all that you had done up to that point.

Happened countless times in early eq as well as a few times in wow and lotr

I wasnt assuming anything its why i asked the question. And anyone that has ever seen a major roll back happen knows yes there is a possibility you can loose all that you had done up to that point.

Happened countless times in early eq as well as a few times in wow and lotr

Early EQ was like 14 years ago.

A roll back literally means they restore a previous saved state. In the previous state you either had the items or the money.

I played UO and a roll back never deleted anything outside of the roll back window.

Early EQ was like 14 years ago.

A roll back literally means they restore a previous saved state. In the previous state you either had the items or the money.

I played UO and a roll back never deleted anything outside of the roll back window.

Your right i would have the credits in a earlier state what i wouldnt have is the mods the gear and the 17 lvls i had already went thru on my new alt. So yea i think its a valid question as to what i will still have when it comes back up.

What about the warzone comms we earned on the 12th...will we lose all of that. I could care less about a free month what I do care about is my time spent. I would like more detail as well. I'm starting to get that star wars galaxies feeling and it doesn't sit well.

i would imagine that worst case, any rollback would be from todays restart, where people were stuck in places that didnt exist.

Yea im hopeing that is the worst case scenario . But not hopeing it happens to anyone.

I just wasnt sure as it glitched and rolled back to previous point before 1,2 was live. so theres achance any lvls gained or gear bought and such will reset meaning not be there.

Ive seen it happen before and sucks bad lol. But thats what i was wondering if it will reset things thats aquired since 1.2 not what was before it as some mentioned earlier

The reason for the 8 hours of unscheduled maintenance is to repopulate everything the way it was before this mornings scheduled maintenance that caused all the stuff to poof. So you will get everything back the way it was when the server came down for regular maintenance, what you may lose is anything you did after the scheduled maintenance before the servers went down again.

The reason for the 8 hours of unscheduled maintenance is to repopulate everything the way it was before this mornings scheduled maintenance that caused all the stuff to poof. So you will get everything back the way it was when the server came down for regular maintenance, what you may lose is anything you did after the scheduled maintenance before the servers went down again.

K thanks for the answer and i truley hope thats the case.

How many times has anyone actually seen a Dev answeing a question of any kind on any TOR related forum ever?

Occasionally they pen announcements and suches here sure.. but is there a single Dev who actually interacts with people?

(NOTE! Indian customer support(2E/hour) or community managers do not equal devs)

Edited by Stradlin

How many times has anyone actually seen a Dev answeing a question of any kind on any TOR related forum ever?

Occasionally they pen announcements and suches here sure.. but is there a single Dev who actually interacts with people?

(NOTE! Indian customer support(2E/hour) or community managers do not equal devs)

You may be interested in the following link.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

I mean, they will either give you the credits back or let you keep what you unlocked. Either way you obviously won't just lose everything. What kind of an assumption is that?

Don't count on it. I lost credits before to one of their game glitches and was, after a month, told that They regret they can't refund me the creds that were lost.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.