Rage smash damage down?

Rakaxs

I know it sounds crazy but now my smashes are doing 700 or less damage then they were before???? I put points into the smash damage increase. I can only assume that the difference is because of the change in gear. Anyone else have input?

Rage Marauder

If you did like I did before 1.2 came out and had all your gear modded with power/surge enhancements from IA champ gear, you'll notice they don't have expertise in the enhancements like the new BM gear does. A full BM with the gear post 1.2 should net you 1100+ expertise but I'm sitting at around 900 b/c of BW and their shoddy development. That's probably what you're noticing because expertise has a much more profound effect than it used to.

I know it sounds crazy but now my smashes are doing 700 or less damage then they were before???? I put points into the smash damage increase. I can only assume that the difference is because of the change in gear. Anyone else have input?

Rage Marauder

When I logged back in my surge rating fell from 75% to 64% due to the BM gear changes. So I had to mod it differently to go back to 75%.

could this be the case?

If you did like I did before 1.2 came out and had all your gear modded with power/surge enhancements from IA champ gear, you'll notice they don't have expertise in the enhancements like the new BM gear does. A full BM with the gear post 1.2 should net you 1100+ expertise but I'm sitting at around 900 b/c of BW and their shoddy development. That's probably what you're noticing because expertise has a much more profound effect than it used to.

This, pretty much. I spent nearly 500K remodding all my BM gear (and moving around companion champ gear) the night before 1.2 only to get hosed by some enhancements not updating correctly for me (head, chest, hands). Fortunately, switching back to BM ear/implants (from Rakata versions) and having 2 expertise crystals brought me back up to 1088 expertise. Mind you NONE of the 5 enhancements in my armor currently have expertise on them. However, my crit is still decent at around 26/32% melee/force, and surge is around 76/106% as a Rage spec. In the end, it still works for me and I haven't really felt a huge difference fighting players with full expertise. I'm using either 3 or 4 power/surge enhanments and at least 1 accuracy crit one. All told, around 1 million credits spent in less than a day.

Damage wise, I've crit as high as 6.2k WITHOUT relic/pvp boost/etc. Most are hitting in the 5k range (unbuffed) to similarly geared players. These can get much higher with the right timing/combination of buffs.