Bioware, you have a problem

spookyBen

It wasnt really a "Monster" upgrade. Yeah, it was a pretty big upgrade. But not a big one. It will be a monster upgrade though when all their ideas are working and operational with no bugs. ( Ship droid, etc.)

I consider a 1 gigabyte update to be pretty monsterous for what it is. It's not a damned expansion or anything. Oh yea.... you do realize that ShipDroid was an April Fool's joke right?

Then again, maybe he doesn't....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 42. If you ever ran a business you would understand one fundamental thing. Keep the customers happy or they'll stop coming in the door...

I also have run a business so let me ask you:

what would you do if a customer came in to your store and the only product you had left was broken? you think giving them the broken one will keep them happy?

or would you order a new one..in which case they would have to wait?

HMMM sounds like maintenance down time doesn't it?

If you think that WoW lost 2-3 mil. subs because of SWTOR you are naive. They f*** up in cata and ppl left. Same thing happened to rift when they f*** R8 PVPers and PVP gear. The funny thing is there were many wise *****es at those forums as well that were willing to bet all the rage in the forums was empty threats. but they lost 12 servers from that time on. just saying....

A bunch of people are unsubbing (Un-subscribing) due to these constant mainteances. I dont wanna be bossy, but you might have to give us more then 3 extra free days or else a bunch of people are gonna keep on unsubbing.

Your basically telling them the obvious, arent you?

And how does that justify anything? Just because other MMOs have a bad first year means that every other MMO can't learn from their mistakes? Clearly Bioware didn't, and nor does it have to with customers like you defending their lack of quality assurance.

WoW has been out over 7 years now and every patch day is basically just like this.

Bring down the server, put in the patch, put the server back up. Oh crap we found a rather large game busting bug, pull down the server, fix the bug, put in new patch, put server back up. Oh crap we found another rather large game busting bug pull down server, fix bug, patch server, bring server back up.

Its called coding and no matter how good you think you are you are always going to run into issues. Testing is only going to find so much because your pool of testers is ALWAYS going to be smaller then your live servers.

No matter who bioware has brought in from other games they will not nor should they know everything about the past games they worked out. All they will get is some experiences of what could happen. Each game has been using a different game engine for the most part which means the code is going to vary.

To say they learned nothing is really short sided. They didn't promise us 50 things on release date and only deliver 25 of them like most every MMO before them. No in fact pretty much everything they said would be in the game was in the game. Some of these items changed over what was originally posted but that is to be expected. They wanted this Legacy thing is at release but they couldn't do it so they didn't post anything about it. For a long time many of us were asking what this legacy exp bar was for, many of us speculated but no one really knew what it was for until they released info on legacy for the 1.2 patch.

For any MMO vet we all know patch day is NOT christmas, its more like the day after christmas and everyone is trying to return their unwanted gifts and some idiot is trying to return something without a receipt.

A bunch of people are unsubbing (Un-subscribing) due to these constant mainteances. I dont wanna be bossy, but you might have to give us more then 3 extra free days or else a bunch of people are gonna keep on unsubbing.

Oh yea... it's 30 days, a**hat, not 3 days. Let's see... Bioware knows they messed up, have given everyone that is level 50, 30 days to play for free, will fix the game for everyone on their own dime, gives the player base what they want... Oh yea, and you get a free pet.

You people shouldn't be complaining at all. They are giving you a 15.00 subscription fee FREE OF CHARGE FOR A MONTH.... let's see if there are 1.5 million subs.. lemme see.. ahh, carry the one...

That's $22.5 MILLION dollars that they are not generating for that month and you f**kers wanna complain about not being able to play for 8 - 12 hours while they FIX things?

Seriously, get the f**k out... tired of your f**king dumb a**es!!!

Well, I am for one glad that I am away on vacation and wont be playing for some weeks to come. I miss the game sorely, I want to have an opinion and my only outlit is these fourms. So many haters, it reminds me of patch days when WoW was still going strong. Oh how do I miss those days, laughing at people raging for when down time went a few hours past what they promised. (I admit that I was niffed to, but I never complained!)

If I had acess to my PC right now and really wanted to play, I might be irritated. But it would give me a reason to read a book, go outside, do homework, clean my room. Have you people heard of the game of LIFE? It's a splendid little game that has downtime when you go to bed, has horrible moments and glitches. You make friends, you grind daily at work (or school) working your way to the top.

Everything has downtime, get over it. SWTOR is a great game and I especially like how much fun I had PvPing with people on my realm, and occasionaly getting both factions together in Illum for a good bashing, and then a peaceful group screenshot at the end!

-------------------

I got off subject, anyway like I said I'm glad I'm not sitting at home downloading the patches and getting the game glitched and so forth, maybe everything will be sorted out when I come back home, yes?

We(The people who go to the forums) are the smallest minority in any game. 99% of the player base probably doesn't even read the patch notes till they hit on patch day on the new feed on the login screen. Everybody is not quiting. .1% of that 1% forum minority is quitting, the game is not dying.

I'm 42. If you ever ran a business you would understand one fundamental thing. Keep the customers happy or they'll stop coming in the door...

I'm 41 and ran my own business. And kept my customers happy. And lost it due to housing market. So your logic is faulty.

On a related note though; I do think they missed the boat on giving the 30 days to people with a 50 but I'm willing to bet you see that corrected.

And for all the fan boys/haters claiming how much better WoW, Tera, Rift, what the hell ever is better than SWTOR...I lived through three expansions and numerous content patches with WoW and you all griped about the same things there. There's nothing new going on here. They roll out new content, mind you a mere FOUR months after release, they have some problems, they fix them, you all forget about it and move on. Rinse and repeat.

ya if people are leaving because of this then no game in the future has a chance at making it, which could be the case. We have all became spoiled lil brats in the gaming community to say the least. "don't care how, I want it now!!"

That said, maybe we should have a support group for those who lose their ******* over a online MMO being down for 6 hours. ??

the haters can be summed up like this. "we hate bioware because they are not listening to us and the bugs are not getting fixed"... 2 minutes later you will see these same brilliant people make a post like this "there are too much maintenance down time"... Oh you mean to fix the bugs you just said in another post they are not fixing?

any bets on how long it will take the haters to realize this contradiction?

i am going to go with never because they will not see 2 seconds into the future and forget everything they post as soon as they hit the submit button.

Holy jesus.

This game has not been out very long. There are going to be bugs.

Anyone remember the early days of WoW?

I do. And yeah, I'm annoyed that on my lovely half day off I came home, turned on my computer and Lo, there was server fail...but life happens.

Read a book.

ya if people are leaving because of this then no game in the future has a chance at making it, which could be the case. We have all became spoiled lil brats in the gaming community to say the least. "don't care how, I want it now!!"

That said, maybe we should have a support group for those who lose their ******* over a online MMO being down for 6 hours. ??

I have a six-year-old in kindergarten who acts like this. All of you.... go to your rooms and don't come out until you can behave!

the haters can be summed up like this. "we hate bioware because they are not listening to us and the bugs are not getting fixed"... 2 minutes later you will see these same brilliant people make a post like this "there are too much maintenance down time"... Oh you mean to fix the bugs you just said in another post they are not fixing?

any bets on how long it will take the haters to realize this contradiction?

i am going to go with never because they will not see 2 seconds into the future and forget everything they post as soon as they hit the submit button.

If bioware really cared, the bugs would be fixed by waving a magic wand that also shoots skittles, mountain dew and half naked women for all their lvl 50 subscribers.

And then someone would still complain that only the lvl 50s got benefits. And someone else would complain that the half naked women gave them the herp. And were also fat.

Greetings,

We understand that many of our players are frustrated by the unscheduled maintenance. Associate Online Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez has just made an announcement about compensation:

Due to the unexpected extended maintenance today, we are going to be offering every player a full day of game time as compensation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

You may be interested in joining the rest of the community as they talk about today's unscheduled maintenance here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=407435

We will be closing this thread now. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.