Server Maintenance

JasonMG

I don't need to try, you are just continuing to prove your frivalty and lack of sensitivity by debating investing time in a GAME..

Wait I thought you said investing something was getting something else in return. Am I not investing money to get my gaming enjoyment every month? Am I not doing PvE content to get rewarded with gear? Am I not doing PvP content so I can gear up and go wtfbbq someone? Am I not investing my time on my level 1 to increase it's level to 50?

It's people like you that think investing time with their kids and family are pointless because you are not benefiting financially.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all people who said we were whining. Do you wish to argue with the results? Ar you going to e-mail BW and tell them how you shouldn't get a free day cause you weren't complaining?

/thread

Hello everyone,

We wanted to pass along this message to ensure that everyone has the most up to date information possible.

lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;lollololololo;

this game has been availble to us all for over 99% of the time. Dont believe me? Do the math.

Before you say ALL do realize, people like myself who happened to subscribe for the game yesterday. I have only had about 50% of play time, and being that the only solid up time was when i was sleeping. I've had maybe 25% play time. Not bashing BW, fix the game by all means, but dont use a qualifier like ALL unless you have taken all players into account.

on a side note, i picked a really bad time to subscribe. just when i start to get a feel for the game massive patch issues. lol, well time to clean then

Hello everyone,

We wanted to pass along this message to ensure that everyone has the most up to date information possible.

Quite frankly: it's not good enough

Edited by Spytrx

To all people who said we were whining. Do you wish to argue with the results? Ar you going to e-mail BW and tell them how you shouldn't get a free day cause you weren't complaining?

/thread

Exactly, proof that supplying opinions of customer dissatisfaction through official channels results in the company to listen, to be fair that is kind of common sense to all those who labelled them as "whiners" XD

I see some of you guys said maintenance for a now MMO was acceptable and people should stopped complaining. I do agree with it.

But, come on! Some people had limited play time and now the server was down for nearly a day! Are all those "whinings" really dieasters, compared to all the inconvience BIOWare caused today? Sometimes, complaining doesn't essentially equals to beomg stupid or childish.

I am not going to quit the game because I am a huge fan of Star Wars and this game is really great. However, I believe I still have the right to complain about this, since I am quite sad about my ruined day-off.

BTW, I really appreciate the hard work of the development team, so pleas don't get me wrong. What I hope is that you can learn from this and be careful the next time you release a patch.

Every MMO has things like this I suppose. The big question is why? After well over a decade of this genre I wonder why companies go on making the same mistakes time after time. Pondering, not QQ-ing (much).

I see some of you guys said maintenance for a now MMO was acceptable and people should stopped complaining. I do agree with it.

But, come on! Some people had limited play time and now the server was down for nearly a day! Are all those "whinings" really dieasters, compared to all the inconvience BIOWare caused today? Sometimes, complaining doesn't essentially equals to beomg stupid or childish.

I am not going to quit the game because I am a huge fan of Star Wars and this game is really great. However, I believe I still have the right to complain about this, since I am quite sad about my ruined day-off.

BTW, I really appreciate the hard work of the development team, so pleas don't get me wrong. What I hope is that you can learn from this and be careful the next time you release a patch.

The problem is that why can't they pick a better time? These problems are not really crucial.

Wait I thought you said investing something was getting something else in return. Am I not investing money to get my gaming enjoyment every month? Am I not doing PvE content to get rewarded with gear? Am I not doing PvP content so I can gear up and go wtfbbq someone? Am I not investing my time on my level 1 to increase it's level to 50?

It's people like you that think investing time with their kids and family are pointless because you are not benefiting financially.

lol not in the least. but thank you for profiling me..

not in anything i said have i mentioned "monotary".. investing in your kids you do get a return. your are investing in love and admiration, you are investing in the continuance in your heritaty.. how does that in ANY way compare to the brain numbing time put into a game?

Quite frankly: it's not good enough

Disagree. While in a perfect world they'd somehow go above and beyond. And make it up to all the fools like myself who planned a day off work around this game... we lost about a day of game time all things considered. But we are still coming out 4-5 hours ahead, depending on how fast your machine is and how fast you've been and will be downloading patches.

They said the situation is "beyond their control", so this means the down time mostly would be longer?

Running an MMO appears to be beyond their control. There is nothing that I can fathom that would cause "missing zones", and certain areas being rolled back to pre-1.2 as they stated that is beyond their control. If they can't manage their own software on their own servers, they shouldn't have bothered attempting to run an MMO in the first place.