Server Maintenance

JasonMG

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping they told us the 8 hours to give themselves plenty of time. They know everyone is going to be livid. Any downtime going over the stated amount is going to only cause the boiling pot to churn even more. I would expect we might see them done before 8 hours and then see a post stating how they miraculously pulled it off in less time.

A guy sick at home can hope anyways....

In the meantime, anyone want a carrot cupcake?* I made them this morning and they turned out bloody awful! :D

*some restrictions apply

Ironic. In the downtime I made some home made onion bagels which came out pretty heinous! (though lots of cream cheese makes them edible) :)

Can't the servers just be rolled back to 1.2 and then 1.2a and 1.2b dealt with under Tuesdays extended maintenace. I didn't see anything in 1.2a that was vital to the game.

I have a feeling that is what they are doing. It will take 6 hours or more to revert and roll forward. Expect everything to come back online as of pre 1.2a. I can't see how they can fix this without a rollback.

I'm a DBA, been there, done that.

Edited by Owsley

1 step forward and 2 steps back now with the extra downtime, I can swear my head of but its not worth it think I load up another game i play its buggy but still star wars game set in another time period :)

When swtor does come up again later it will be a surprise.

5 more fooking hours >.<

Fire the coonts that put 1.1.5 assets into the 1.2.0a patch, fcking morons

**** happens all the time, I work as a network admin and im very familiar with services going down, maitenances that cause more problems than it fixes.

But it was very stupid from bioware to make a maintenance on a friday, we are almost on the weekend, thats the time when most ot people play the game and if something bad happen (like now) the impact is enormous.

This is unacceptable.

Pick a patch day and stick to it, at least we can expect the servers to be down those days.

The game worked fine last night. Because someone couldn't delete a character and you wanted to implement a new CS ticket system, the entire playerbase can't play for 16 hours. Unacceptable.

Pick a day, and we'll expect crap like this on that day. A lot of people on 4-10 and 9-80 schedules are off on Fridays. Some people took off work today to test out the new patch that was implemented and running fine yesterday. Never, ever, ever implement a patch on a Friday. And please test your patches before you release them.

You are going to lose subscribers to more professional companies. Please try to be more professional. I understand you guys are amateurs when it comes to MMO's, but you need to learn how to have a structured patch implementation system.

8 hours is this serious? Right through the day after the much vaunted 1.2 patch goes out after an announced 4 hours of down time this morning, after 1.2 was delayed so it could have more time on live for testing, after a number of people were unable to play because it patched a day early?

Can't the servers just be rolled back to 1.2 and then 1.2a and 1.2b dealt with under Tuesdays extended maintenace. I didn't see anything in 1.2a that was vital to the game.

You forgot to mention that a large and highly anticipated feature was cut about five hours before it's release because they weren't "comfortable" with it's quality...

Originally Posted by Tracane

I don't care. I'm going to go read a book, cook a delicious dinner with fresh ingredients, then maybe go for a walk. It could be down for 2 days and here's how many f**** I'd give: _______. That many. For god's sake, it's a game. Go outside or spend time with your family you lard bodied things. If you can't muster the motivation to do that through the fog of your crippling depression, at least catch up on your Netflix instant queue.

Just once I wish a game company would call you people on your whiny, entitled crap and tell you where you can stick it. Most of you don't even know how this game works. It could be magic for all you know. Don't you understand what a miracle it is that it works at all? You have a screen that works as a window to another world that syncs up with people across the globe simultaneously and you're complaining that it's not perfect? You realize 100 years ago we'd all have been burnt at the stake as witches just for possessing knowledge of this technology? This is one of the most amazing things on the planet and you're upset that it's down for a little bit? Give me a break you spoiled, mouth breathing basement dwellers. Go do something on your cell phone that connects to invisible, wireless networks and lets you communicate with anyone in the world at a moment's notice AND it plays Angry Birds. Oh wait, you probably complain if that's down for more than a few minutes too don't you? You people are all insane.

Haha good one ! xD I did not plan to spam this thread but this one is so good (and true?) that I couldn't help quoting it.

I just love it. Raging, trolling, full of spite and on top of that being true. Going back to my meme xD

The only funny part about that is that he actually thinks that people buy his "I play this game for 2-3 hours per day but don't take it seriously" act.

He then proceeds to praise the game, explaining how it is one of the most amazing things in life, so cool in fact that we would be burnt at the stake for having knowledge of it 100 years ago, but that it is somehow ridiculous for someone to be upset at being separated from it? But don't for one second think that he takes it seriously like the rest of us that spend time on it daily.

It's basement dwellers like this that give basement dwellers like us a bad name. :\

Edited by Celebrus