Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server Maintenance

JasonMG

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...or this whole thing was just a charade!

They roll backed the servers this morning to try and make us miss the 1.2 patch instead of realizing there was nothing cool/new or interesting added to it....When is swtor going to be an actual game instead of just a shiny alt grind with no endgame whatsoever. You can't even explore a planet in this game, every map is a tunnel so once you finish a planet....there's just no point in ever going back.....not even going to mention space...

Anyway, I'm more interested in hearing what they have planned next...since the 1.2 content wont keep people busy for more than a week really...

I was moved here so i can bash bioware here. Come guys get it together, this isnt ur first rodeo. Either spend the time making the patch right and i mean take all year for i care BUT MAKE IT RIGHT, end of story.

If its what I think it is, wrong set of maps loaded to servers, then hopefully the downtime wont be too long. Someone needs to ding the configuration/deployment manager.

Who is probably in a corner right now, rocking back and forth, gibbering.

What a 24 hours this has been.

Anyone know why the server is going into maintenance again? It said they were going to do maint from 6 to 10 cdt, but it was just available, but now they are going down again. And does anyone know when they will be up again, I dont see anything on the forums? Thanks!

A guildee said that the Corellia daily's disappeared. Can't confirm this myself as I logged on when the servers were going down again.

They patched old planet and ship data into this morning patch. which caused guild banks to disappear, the new quest hub in correllia was not accessible, the new ops was showing on the map on Ziost Shadow however you could not get to it because the old ship config was loaded meaning there no way to get to the new op location on the ship. It would seem they patched world config data from 1.1.5 into the patch today.

It just seems to get worse and worse every day now for BioWare these types of mistakes including the one from wed night would seem to indicate they have zero quality control with their systems and zero checks and balances to ensure these simply mistakes do not happen. Blame it on human error all you want but its not the person who made the mistakes error, it the system that does not have anyone checking to ensure human error was not made something companies like to call quality control.

Having lived through more major patches than I care to recall, on more MMOs, the fact that there were no emergency shut-downs yesterday was a pleasant surprise.

I guess this is ...affirmative action to make up for that?

Against Friday the 13th, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

awesome work, glad I went to the cinemas instead of waiting to play this ....

Friday night in Australia is now basically over ... I guess you could call that prime time

Hopefully its fixed by the morning ^_^

Damn. I was in the middle of soloing the Belsavis daily heroics again... only instead of stealth-cheesing them, I was just healing through them. Hope they get the rollback issue fixed soon so I can get back to taking my revenge on Augurh or whatever that guy's name is for spotting me all those times in Lights Out.

I was moved here so i can bash bioware here. Come guys get it together, this isnt ur first rodeo. Either spend the time making the patch right and i mean take all year for i care BUT MAKE IT RIGHT, end of story.
This is a minor issue. All games tend to have issues of this sort when rolling out a new update, especially if that update is a major content patch. They'll get it taken care of, probably within a couple of hours. Even if it takes longer, it's not something new to the industry.

The game's environment was rolled back to 1.1.5 so that kinda needs a fixing.

the games environment was NOT rolled back. If the content had been rolled back the legacy system would not have been in place nor the warzone que info. There's a bug in the patch, they're fixing it. Stop making crap up and QQ'ing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.