Server Maintenance

JasonMG

Ya know what there was a lot of bugs yesterday too. Maybe they are trying to fix those too for us? No offense you guys but if all your gonna do is whine that just means it draws attention from people to reply to your whining who could be focusing on getting the servers back up.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree on that i'm playing this game about 2 weeks and didn't had that much fun yet with playing. Playing wow for more than 6 years and they had mayor problems with patches also for example the opening of AQ years ago but that why there are test servers. And with reading last post about mixing 1.1 and 1.2 i wonder how they can do that.

This made me lol. When AQ was supposed to open, so many people flooded to the gates to watch it. The server ended up crashing over 40 times before they just shut it down and implemented the after effects for us all. It was such a mess. Even in the first few months Blizzard credited anyone playing with weeks worth of time for the constant down times. Do people seriously think this has only happened to SWTOR? At least Bioware has the decency to admit they messed up.

I'm not far off, honestly. If the downtime issues weren't enough, I'm also searching all over the internet for a fix to a recurring problem where the launcher refuses to work. It can sometimes take me ten or so minutes of screwing around just to boot the game.

Despite not having played too much (for obvious reasons) I do have to say the game is very fun though and almost worth all the trouble I've had with actually playing it.

Friend has this issue and it turned out to be something on his end, what we never found out but he reformatted and bam, never had launcher issue again. This may be the case for you as well. It is always good to reformat windows 1-2x a year.

I'm generally positive, and I don't complain much. I like the game, and where it's at right now. That being said, as of late I am sort of worried about what has been going on. I thought it was poor practice to wait until the day of to tell us there are no rWZs, and with all of the bugs with the new patch, (sound, graphical bugs etc.) and now with the accidental rollback this morning..it's a little scary. Good news! We ran Soa last night, no bugs, and we one shotted him which was nice.

Yes, I agree, this is an outrage. Much better to just leave the game broken so people keep having issues. No other MMO has ever had any problems after a major update ever. It is true, WoW never had issues. It was polished and seasoned with the tiger blood of Charlie Sheen for a truly winning game experience from the start to finish!

Oh wait, this stuff always happends with big updates and MMOs. The difference is that gamers have a very selective memory, in addition to poor long term memory and rather shakey short term memory as well.

Seriously guys, your outrage are as predictable as it is sad and amusing to observe.

Excuse me but WOW did break the servers many times, vanilla wow broke a lot and i remember it was down for about a week one time. so give them a break.

I literally just started playing this game seriously two days ago. An eight hour downtime one day, the only Asia Pacific PvP server goes down the next day followed by a four hour downtime right afterwards. Now that downtime is being extended for an unknown period of time.

I've spent almost as much time waiting to play this game as I have actually playing it. Perhaps this is just bad timing on my part - getting into the game right as 1.2 went live, but I'm still very frustrated nonetheless.

Timing or not. This is a PRODUCT that you pay for.

Bio is full aware of this but has had on going problems since launch.

The patch fix, fix merry go round adds an unpredictable aspect to this game that over time undermines customers confidence.

Along with other issues like very slow content adding, left over beta bugs that still persist (albeit mostly inconsequential ones) drives people off after they have seen enough of bio's track record.

I betaed this game, early launched it, got 2 characters up to 50, got 3 others all passed 20,Then I Quit over 6 weeks ago from the above mentioned reasons

I Came back last week to see how far the game has progressed and was disappointed to see it hasn't changed much at all, 1.2 has been the most significant patch that I've seen yet though.

However when I did come back I had to find a server that was not a ghost town ( I beta played on one of the original servers , launched on it , now its dead.

Now I'm starting from scratch , hoping against all I know about this company that they will server merge and allow transfers. Bet I get another toon or two to 50 before that occurs

But... don't listen to me

Edited by GothicSaint

I really love how people complain about they are paying $15 /month etc... and loosing game time...

Right - I bet the next thing people demand, is that when we log off, the servers should shut down, so no one can play, when I don't play.

That way no one gets ahead of me and I don't lose time in-game!!?? 0^o

COMPLETELY missing the point. Unbelievable amount of ignorance.

Excuse me but WOW did break the servers many times, vanilla wow broke a lot and i remember it was down for about a week one time. so give them a break.

I think that is the point.

This IS NOT the first mmorpg ever made.

People are now used to a certain level of smoothness in new mmorpgs.

In short you cannot blame people to get angry and you cannot excuse bioware/ea for doing such a poor job.