Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is I feel for the guys at Bioware....

Being a Server Tech myself managing 7 servers at my company, **** like this can happen where a simple update turns into a 3 days nightmare because of some random thing. There are so many factors that go into making sure software is ready that sometimes there just isn't a way to predict these kinds of situations. Good luck to you guys on bringing those servers back up :)

ESPECIALLY with a MMO!! Years ago there was a Great game called The Matrix Online. One day a patch came thru and broke all the servers for 3 days!! Ended up being 1 line of code that caused a ripple effect and poof....Headache central. So give the Devs time to figure it out..worse case scenario they roll back to first day of 1.2! Have patience..play solitare....go outside....(eek the big yellow ball burns!!)...it will be fixed in time.

Nothing, but cant you make EA hire me too. I pay a service i want a good service in return.

if they don't give it too me i will complain. I am a Doctor if i mess up on my work i got f*** so I need work hard and be careful with what i do all the time. I expect everyone be the same.

PS: i don't have a vacation on last 4 years and I want to play.

if you were a doctor, you'd be able to form an appropriate sentence structure

Stop drinking the kool-aid, and be honest with yourself. SWTOR does not have a large subscriber base. Just look at how many people are in game anywhere you are. Most times it's 30 people or less on a whole planet, on the heaviest population server in North America. Some of those people are AFK too. That's why it's so hard to get a group together to do a heroic. People will say, but it's morning wait till night, there will be more people on. Then they say yeah, it's night, but it's a weekday, just wait until the weekend there will be more people on. Then it's the weekend and still just crickets. How many people grinded a character on a dead server and then gave up on it?

Every MMO game is NOT like this. I think GuildWars has had a total of 16 hours of downtime in over 6 YEARS. One time a rare material was available from an npc for 0 gold for a few hours and they had to shut down and roll back. It took 4 hours to do so. They stream updates incrementally in the background, and have you log out and log in to install it. It takes 15 seconds to do so. In 6 years of GuildWars, I never experienced a single bug. Not one. All with no subscription fee. Just because you played WoW and they had issues at launch and they implemented fixes poorly doesn't mean SWTOR should be or has to be the same.

Why be accepting of all the downtime instead of demanding better? Wouldn't you prefer a bug free game with no downtime? Don't accept it as fact that this isn't possible.

ESPECIALLY with a MMO!! Years ago there was a Great game called The Matrix Online. One day a patch came thru and broke all the servers for 3 days!! Ended up being 1 line of code that caused a ripple effect and poof....Headache central. So give the Devs time to figure it out..worse case scenario they roll back to first day of 1.2! Have patience..play solitare....go outside....(eek the big yellow ball burns!!)...it will be fixed in time.

I actually remember that in MxO. Despite all the glitches in the Matrix... I loved that game to death.

-Zerosaint

Syntax/Linenoise.

Edited by zerosaint

Stop drinking the kool-aid, and be honest with yourself. SWTOR does not have a large subscriber base. Just look at how many people are in game anywhere you are. Most times it's 30 people or less on a whole planet, on the heaviest population server in North America. Some of those people are AFK too. That's why it's so hard to get a group together to do a heroic. People will say, but it's morning wait till night, there will be more people on. Then they say yeah, it's night, but it's a weekday, just wait until the weekend there will be more people on. Then it's the weekend and still just crickets. How many people grinded a character on a dead server and then gave up on it?

Every MMO game is NOT like this. I think GuildWars has had a total of 16 hours of downtime in over 6 YEARS. One time a rare material was available from an npc for 0 gold for a few hours and they had to shut down and roll back. It took 4 hours to do so. They stream updates incrementally in the background, and have you log out and log in to install it. It takes 15 seconds to do so. In 6 years of GuildWars, I never experienced a single bug. Not one. All with no subscription fee. Just because you played WoW and they had issues at launch and they implemented fixes poorly doesn't mean SWTOR should be or has to be the same.

Why be accepting of all the downtime instead of demanding better? Wouldn't you prefer a bug free game with no downtime? Don't accept it as fact that this isn't possible.

Does GW really even compare in complexity to SWToR?

Can we just agree that this magnitude slipup is unprofessional, and regardless of what has happened with other mmo's in the past, should be possible to catch and stop at release?

unfortunately no, there is NO way to tell if one line of code or a whole slew will cause issues on live servers..even when used on a test server first...the live ones are not exact dupes and well, this Can and does happen.

yeah but Guild Wars bored the crap out of me after 4 hours. your argument is pointless to me :)

Does GW really even compare in complexity to SWToR?

Seriously? SWTOR has -and I am not saying this in any sort of troll way... this is based on my experience- the least depth of any MMO i've played. It's a themepark. And that's fine... but yeah. Very little depth.