Nerfing Exrertise for Healers REALLY!?!?!

KaoticEmbrace

so now we get Half the Healing benefits from Expertise? could someone explain how this actually makes sense? on my Server and most likely all server, it is 99% DPS in the WZ. not many healers. i heard its do to cry baby DPS'rs crying about not being able to kill anyone with a group of 2+ healers??? BS. kill us instead of crying about it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard its do to cry baby DPS'rs crying about not being able to kill anyone with a group of 2+ healers??? BS. kill us instead of crying about it.

Oh really? I heard it's because BW said the healing was more effective then intended.

But, like you, I could be wrong.

Oh really? I heard it's because BW said the healing was more effective then intended.

But, like you, I could be wrong.

More effective then intended?? it was effective just not More Effective then anything. when you have no incentive to have people WANT to heal, then couldnt that mean it was less Effective then intended?? and now on my server alone , ive seen atleast 4 of the top healers that we have had give it up for DPS. its sad in my opnion

Another one..

Healers still benefit from expertise way more than DPS.

Healing is fine.

you my friend are slow... Healing gets Half the % of dps. as was the Healing Nerf. from being to throw out big healing crits left and right to only getting a few a match is more beneficial?

you my friend are slow... Healing gets Half the % of dps. as was the Healing Nerf. from being to throw out big healing crits left and right to only getting a few a match is more beneficial?

Umm. I can do math, can you?

20% dmg buff is completely conceled out by the 16.5% dmg mitigation bonus

+12% healing is still better than no bonus from expertise that DPS gets.

I have been heals since launch and I can tell you with confidence that healing is perfectly fine.

Healing is perfectly fine then you my friend are Delusional.. and im sure if it was then there wouldnt be so many posts complaining about it.. and trust me bud alot of us have been War Hero's for a while now. and have alos been healing since Launch some of us since Pre Launch.

It's about a 2-3% nerf from before 1.2 and it sux, but it evens out with WH gear as expertise gets higher. So after you run your 1700 WZ's to get a full set of WH gear you will be about back to where we were before 1.2.

It was really stupid to implement this before Rated's. I gave up healing on my Sage more becuase I am usless now because of the Sage nerfs plus this nerf to Expertise healing bonus.

I now pwn as a dps, I have not seen a healer in any WZ I have done since 1.2 came out yesterday. I think everyone dies too fast now and WZ's are not as fun as they used to be.

Healing is perfectly fine then you my friend are Delusional.. and im sure if it was then there wouldnt be so many posts complaining about it.. and trust me bud alot of us have been War Hero's for a while now. and have alos been healing since Launch some of us since Pre Launch.

And you still cant heal? I guess valor isnt everything.

People are up in arms because they are bad healers and have had it too easy. And you didnt comment on how expertise is still much better for healers than it is for dps.

And you still cant heal? I guess valor isnt everything.

People are up in arms because they are bad healers and have had it too easy. And you didnt comment on how expertise is still much better for healers than it is for dps.

wait what????

Edited by KaoticEmbrace
messed up

It's about a 2-3% nerf from before 1.2 and it sux, but it evens out with WH gear as expertise gets higher. So after you run your 1700 WZ's to get a full set of WH gear you will be about back to where we were before 1.2.

It was really stupid to implement this before Rated's. I gave up healing on my Sage more becuase I am usless now because of the Sage nerfs plus this nerf to Expertise healing bonus.

I now pwn as a dps, I have not seen a healer in any WZ I have done since 1.2 came out yesterday. I think everyone dies too fast now and WZ's are not as fun as they used to be.

Thank you

I'm glad they nerfed healing, it was way OP before. Premades with healers would just stand there and tank 3 to 4 DPers and you had some teams that would never die vs an entire team it was stupid, highlights the reason why I hate the tradtional tank/dps/healer role type games.

That system works for pve its dumb for pvp...

I'm a sage healer, soon moving into the 50's bracket. I'll reserve my judgement on the nerf 'till then..

But I'm a bit concerned that BW are shooting mosquitoes with elephants... They up overall DPS, and bring more debuffs on heals into the mix (gunslingers/snipers get a heal debuff, sent/mara debuff is made uncleanseable) plus they nerf heal gains through expertise...

I just hope there'll be enough tanks around on my server, cuz boy oh boy things'll get difficult without large amounts of mitigation through guard and taunts.

So in some ways I guess the healing nerf might create more synergy between classes.

BW doesnt want healing in the game it seems to me, which im fine with. They just need to let me trade in my healing gear for dps gear 1:1 and let me go on my way. As it stands now Im pretty well know as a pvp healer and am focused on. At least pre patch I could get some heals off. Now im lucky to get the 3 medals to let me get rewards as I spend 99% of the matches running back from teh spawn point.

But I'm a bit concerned that BW are shooting mosquitoes with elephants... They up overall DPS, and bring more debuffs on heals into the mix (gunslingers/snipers get a heal debuff, sent/mara debuff is made uncleanseable) plus they nerf heal gains through expertise...>>>

This. I think they hit it a little too hard. Healing was a bit out of control. The debuffs were a nice touch to those classes. Damage needed to be uppped a little bit, but they swung too hard. I would wager it will be toned down a little going forward...

I'm glad they nerfed healing, it was way OP before. Premades with healers would just stand there and tank 3 to 4 DPers and you had some teams that would never die vs an entire team it was stupid, highlights the reason why I hate the tradtional tank/dps/healer role type games.

That system works for pve its dumb for pvp...

I've had waaay more success running with 2 dps tanks and a true dps as sage healer than stacking healers into one group. Granted a sage healer + sage hybrid + second healer and a tank works wonders in huttball, but I'd rather only have 1 squishie sage healer with 2 tanks doing their stuff and a melee or ranged dps'er wrecking faces.

im just really hoping that with the WH gear things pan out alot better. it just feels completely differant then it did pre 1.2 with my full BM gear. thats what worried me . people are taking Significantly more damage . tho the more i think about it and wake up, the more i realize people the first day had more gear ingeneral. whether it be people who purchased the Recruit gear, or people who came back to their full BM mains.

Now im lucky to get the 3 medals to let me get rewards as I spend 99% of the matches running back from teh spawn point.

If that is true, then your team is pretty terrible at protecting the healer. It used to be that 1 DPS on a healer meant nothing... 2 meant you had to heal yourself and run around... 3 meant you were dead. Now, it is one DPS on you and you gotta heal yourself.. 2 or more means you are .

Now, on my Gunslinger, I have to make it a point to keep an eye on my healer and get those pesky DPS off of him/her while having another eye on the enemy healers to make them dead.

The damage output needs to be tweaked backwards just a little bit (5-10% max).... but overall I like the changes. Forces some interesting tactical changes. I only have a little merc healer in the 10-49 bracket... no 50 healers yet. I only get to play a little bit on the weekends so it takes forever.