30 days?

garry

If you've been playing this game since day one and do not have any level 50's, please /quit, go to your uninstall option under SWTOR, click uninstall and proceed to open up MW3, and enjoy. Thank you.

I will go slow so you can (maybe) understand.

People. are. not. saying. they. couldn't. get. to. level. 50. They. are. saying. that. they. believed. it. when. BioWare. themselves. said. the. game. was. about. the. journey. so. they. played. it. as. such. and. now. the. people. who. played. it. like. a. grinder. MMO. are. the. ones. being. rewarded.

Got it?

I love how the people that have level 50's by now are 'power levelers who skip school and work or just dont have a life.' Really? I am the slooooowest leveler ever (even at the griping of my guild who wants to start raiding) and I have 1 level 50. It has been months, guys. I dont care that youre frustrated about not getting free things handed to you, stop being snarky about those who do have a 50.

Leave it to Bioware to do something nice and for people to still pout with their hands out. I love how one guy even thought this equated to Bioware actually stealing from his pocket! Priceless!

Edit: I do have sympathy for the Asia Pacific servers. They had less time than others. But still...

Edited by OptimusBlack

its bad business to "reward loyal customers" with a free month BUT only if they have a lvl 50...I mean seriously?! what about the rest of us that have 6 chars ranging from lvl 1- 49? what, because we dont want to rush the levleing process, enjoy crafting, generally messing about, would rather explore and take our time to level, not to mention RL commitments comming first, are we not as valued as people who lvled to 50 asap? I pay the same exact amout of money as them for my sub. Perhaps they should lower my subs then until I do reach 50 if were not entitled to the same perks as lvl 50s are....AAAAAAAAH dont like that logic eh Bioware? ...well your logic sucks too so there you go ;P

I love how the people that have level 50's by now are 'power levelers who skip school and work or just dont have a life.' Really? I am the slooooowest leveler ever (even at the griping of my guild who wants to start raiding) and I have 1 level 50. It has been months, guys. I dont care that youre frustrated about not getting free things handed to you, stop being snarky about those who do have a 50.

Leave it to Bioware to do something nice and for people to still pout with their hands out. I love how one guy even thought this equated to Bioware actually stealing from his pocket! Priceless!

Edit: I do have sympathy for the Asia Pacific servers. They had less time than others. But still...

I think you miss a point. It's not about "i don't have lvl 50 cause i'm slow". It's about that we play a game we enjoy it, we believe in "fair and even grounds". We often likes to Roleplay or just socialize or whatever.

But suddenly Bioware says they gives you a 15 bucks for your hard work to get to level 50. Since when this game became a job? Where do they say if you work hard, you get money??

Free subscription time is acceptable for example as:

- Long time veteran reward (in term how long you are subsribed)

- Appologies for major problems (server downtime etc)

- Advertising.

But it should allways be fair trade not involving the time and effort you spend in game - unless you build game around it, which SWTOR isn't.

THIS is what makes me angry. Should have they choosed any other type of ingame rewards, i wouldn't care. 7 days free times for those no longer subscribed - I don't care, that's usual marketing. But saying I have to pay more than others just because i didn't managed to get lvl 50 in 4 monts - sorry no. My money.

Oh and btw, in some countries, this would be unlawfull behaviour and Bioware could get sued. :)

Another thing I want to say: I am not saying anyone that has a level 50 has no life, plays to much, blah blah whatever. All I am saying that someone level 50 and someone level 5 can be equally "loyal" and when a "loyalty" reward is given, it should reflect such. Well maybe not level 5, but you get the idea. :p I am sure I have clocked just as many (and if I am honest with myself probably a good deal more) hours as people with multiple level 50s. The difference is, I spread mine across various characters and in addition spent a LOT of time messing about with crew skills, reverse-engineering, etc as well as questing with 7 different characters (between both "sides") to see how/if the story changed based on who I was at the time. Edited by JoannaNH

THIS is what makes me angry. Should have they choosed any other type of ingame rewards, i wouldn't care. 7 days free times for those no longer subscribed - I don't care, that's usual marketing. But saying I have to pay more than others just because i didn't managed to get lvl 50 in 4 monts - sorry no. My money.

Oh and btw, in some countries, this would be unlawfull behaviour and Bioware could get sued. :)

LOL - you DONT have to pay more than others for your game. It is 15 bucks! Some people get one little month for free for getting themselves all the way through a character's story. Its really not that big of a deal. If you press on and quit bawwing about it, you wont hardly remember this next year.

Maybe this is their way of weeding out their UNLOYAL customers, ie: the people who are actually talking about leaving the game because they dont get a freebie.

Honestly, if they gave all of us a free month just for playing the game as of the time this patch came out (as some are suggesting, not all) they wouldnt make ANY money. That would be a poor business choice, dont you think? They run a business that exists because of profits. If they tried to satisfy everyone they would end up going bankrupt.

LOL - you DONT have to pay more than others for your game. It is 15 bucks! Some people get one little month for free for getting themselves all the way through a character's story. Its really not that big of a deal. If you press on and quit bawwing about it, you wont hardly remember this next year.

Maybe this is their way of weeding out their UNLOYAL customers, ie: the people who are actually talking about leaving the game because they dont get a freebie.

Honestly, if they gave all of us a free month just for playing the game as of the time this patch came out (as some are suggesting, not all) they wouldnt make ANY money. That would be a poor business choice, dont you think? They run a business that exists because of profits. If they tried to satisfy everyone they would end up going bankrupt.

What you've just typed ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

In specific terms, you contradict yourself. Which makes more profits: A person who spends 6 months getting to 50 (paying 6 months), or a person who spends 4 months and gets 2 free to keep them interested? I'll wait for you to figure out which is the better customer.

If profit is the motivation, then they should want millions of ME. I don't have a 50 because I rerolled from a dead server and often start new alts. It is YOU burns through content and quits, thereby forcing the developers to create more content at a faster rate, with more bugs, which means you make them sink more revenue into the game than I do. They don't feel that they need to bribe me, but they do need to bribe you, therefore, you are the LOYAL customer?

In short, you are DEAD wrong.

I'll wait for you to figure out which is the better customer.

If profit is the motivation, then they should want millions of ME.

Is that your feeling? That you should receive the same promotion as someone else, as you are a better customer than they are?

Utterly, completely wrong. They do bussiness? Yes. So do I. This is my business with them. I pay money, they let me play. I won't pay - they won't me play. Simple, fair trade.

But now they say - ok, you got level 50, you don't have to pay for 1 month. You don't have lvl 50 - you pay extra 15 bucks. WHAT? This is not business. This is simple punishment for everyone, who did not managed to get lvl 50.

Ok, let's take it this way - you have cable tv, and suddenly you get info, that because they had big problems with network upgrade last month, they decided to give one month as apology to everyone but those who watch less then 4 hours a day. And that's you.

Would you still feel like it's ok, because it's YOUR fault you don't spend so much time watching TV?

This is not about how much money. It's about principle, moral stance. It's about to not let **** on yourself.

And if they make money? Why should I care? It's not my concern. All I want a product for a price I'm willing to pay with a feeling I got a fair trade. If they breake that - why should I stay silent?

You can't buy a Loyalty. You have to earn it. You have to prove there is a reason i put my trust in you. And Bioware screwed up. Hell i wasn't thinking about leaving this game for at least few months. Now, i really don't think i want to stay.

Is that your feeling? That you should receive the same promotion as someone else, as you are a better customer than they are?

If BioWare's profits are the main motivation, then absolutely. Speaking strictly from a cost-to-benefit perspective, I consume resources more slowly than a person with a single 50 in a medium that is sold on a per month basis. They get more revenue for the same resources, have more development time, and have less pressure to churn out content to players such as myself.

Personally, I don't think they should have any loyalty program that isn't based off the time spent as a customer.

First off - I wasnt being serious about them weeding out unloyal players this way. It was a bite back at those who say they are loyal players because they played since day one but because they dont get a freebie handed to them, they are leaving the game. If that doesnt apply to you, then press on. It was funny in my mind, maybe it didnt translate well.

I wont answer your bid about the cable television scenario. You wouldnt believe my answer anyway and then just tell me I am 'utterly wrong' so why bother?

I think bioware is doing a nice thing for some of us. Not all, granted. But their generosity is being spat upon. They are cutting into their profits to reward those of us who have progressed a character along their full story. Those who have taken a character as far as it can go, story-wise. Is that such a bad thing? So you dont have a 50. Okay. Bioware isnt stealing money from your pocket, as one poster was saying. You just dont get the month for free. Simple as that. I can see where some of you guys are coming from. AHierophant actually had intelligent things to say on the matter, even if you were a bit harsh on your opinion of me personally :) But SOME posters on here have had really exaggerated things to say on the matter. I was speaking to them.

Greetings Everyone,

Since this is the Star Wars™ discussion board meant for topics about the STAR WARS universe and not specifically the game, we're going to ask that you head on over to the following thread for discussion regarding the 30 day free reward promotion.

Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Thank you for your feedback.