Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PFT damage underwhelming?

KennehBE

Well is not "grief" before and after patch the Dps of Pyrotech is sufficient to kill them, BUT AP lags behind badly.

Engineer snipers at least in my experience are the only spec/class that compares to PTs in single target damage output. Meaning as AP I "jump" he flashbangs me (As a Pyro I never trinket ccs) by then I believe with my limited knowledge of snipers that he first puts the bomb probe on me, then ambush followed by instant crit snipe = me in 60-50% hp (I'd still make it if it he wasn't engineer!) the interrogation probe followed by the channelled ability completely destroys me after...

Now looking at the engineer tree I don't think it is a full /31/ spec but a hybrid, has to be common cause I have seen already 2 engineers using it with similar results.

Could be a Cull/Probe Hybrid? Typically they don't run into cover though. If they are dropping into cover, than they are a MM/Probe Hybrid. Cull guys rarely go to cover, and instead run around spraying you with shots.

If they are an MM hybrid, than the cue is to pop out as soon as they are going to cover. Hit them with an electrocute, pull them to you, or stun and then LoS until the dot wears off or he is close enough to ramp up on.

If you are able to LOS him than just Flame sweep to get a few stacks going and the next time your electrocute is off CD turn around and electro/grapple burn the sucker. He will punt you away, pop HO, get back on top of him. Interrupt the Ambush, and drop it like it's hot. Immolate, ED, FB, HO/PFT all over the boy. I interrupt them as often as I can, and use Carbonize and Electrocute judiciously.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a Cull/Probe Hybrid? Typically they don't run into cover though. If they are dropping into cover, than they are a MM/Probe Hybrid. Cull guys rarely go to cover, and instead run around spraying you with shots.

If they are an MM hybrid, than the cue is to pop out as soon as they are going to cover. Hit them with an electrocute, pull them to you, or stun and then LoS until the dot wears off or he is close enough to ramp up on.

If you are able to LOS him than just Flame sweep to get a few stacks going and the next time your electrocute is off CD turn around and electro/grapple burn the sucker. He will punt you away, pop HO, get back on top of him. Interrupt the Ambush, and drop it like it's hot. Immolate, ED, FB, HO/PFT all over the boy. I interrupt them as often as I can, and use Carbonize and Electrocute judiciously.

No no lol thats what u do with a normal sniper xD The spec I am saying its a hybrid cause I dont remember seeing the third dot on me, and I think they used the accuracy debuff on me o.O They use series of shots (a channeled ability) for their normal rotation. Th interrupt would be amazing if their dots didn't tick as much as a marauder's... and the only way to interrupt them is LOS or stuns...

Again in maps like huttball I can see AP doing well with anything, but in everything else.. specially novare coast :\ Yet I guess I am happy for you guys that get to burn nabs, while I'm stuck having to spec pyro :(

No no lol thats what u do with a normal sniper xD The spec I am saying its a hybrid cause I dont remember seeing the third dot on me, and I think they used the accuracy debuff on me o.O They use series of shots (a channeled ability) for their normal rotation. Th interrupt would be amazing if their dots didn't tick as much as a marauder's... and the only way to interrupt them is LOS or stuns...

Again in maps like huttball I can see AP doing well with anything, but in everything else.. specially novare coast :\ Yet I guess I am happy for you guys that get to burn nabs, while I'm stuck having to spec pyro :(

I consider anyone who goes into cover a sniper. Any MM hybrid is going to stick to hybrid. If he is a standing sniper he is more likely a lethality/engineering hybrid, and the plan remains the same. Stick close to him, use Carbonize and Electrocute to offset his big attacks, and burn him down.

PFT/Immolate/RP/FB hits pretty hard.

I consider anyone who goes into cover a sniper. Any MM hybrid is going to stick to hybrid. If he is a standing sniper he is more likely a lethality/engineering hybrid, and the plan remains the same. Stick close to him, use Carbonize and Electrocute to offset his big attacks, and burn him down.

PFT/Immolate/RP/FB hits pretty hard.

Its not the same man... :\ Its like saying you fight the same a Carnage marauder as a Annihilation Marauder.

I now confirm that its not a hybrid its pure engineer. PFT(which takes 10 secs to get)/immo/RP/FB dont hit nearly as hard how they hit. I see in them now the equivalent of the "OP burst" we had before patch :s

The "strats" said here are really they worse ways to go about it as far as I know electrocuting for an opener specially as an AP is a death sentence cause that means they'll be able to escape from the 4 sec stun leaving you with carbonize alone to interrupt their burst. (I am Rank 80 with full BM, and one War hero Piece)

So its not a gear prob, its not a skill problem either cause taking away the LOS, and taking away the mobility, its simply knowing your rotation and lag (Or so it should be) The Sniper finishes the AP with 60% hp after a full PFT. I have tried multiple times and the only spec that stands a chance against Engineers is Pyrotech (IF the engineer doesn't have entrench) This is 1v1, but if you want group advice, dont open with a stun use ur stun after carbonize you maybe will get lucky and he'll escape carbonize to end up stun for 4 full secs. As an AP again use LOS atleast to close the gap in this fight, and hope for someone to be following you cause even if you do this he'll most probably win :(

This is not a 50/50 situation and I dare anyone post a video of consistently beating a engineer sniper.

Its not the same man... :\ Its like saying you fight the same a Carnage marauder as a Annihilation Marauder.

I now confirm that its not a hybrid its pure engineer. PFT(which takes 10 secs to get)/immo/RP/FB dont hit nearly as hard how they hit. I see in them now the equivalent of the "OP burst" we had before patch :s

The "strats" said here are really they worse ways to go about it as far as I know electrocuting for an opener specially as an AP is a death sentence cause that means they'll be able to escape from the 4 sec stun leaving you with carbonize alone to interrupt their burst. (I am Rank 80 with full BM, and one War hero Piece)

So its not a gear prob, its not a skill problem either cause taking away the LOS, and taking away the mobility, its simply knowing your rotation and lag (Or so it should be) The Sniper finishes the AP with 60% hp after a full PFT. I have tried multiple times and the only spec that stands a chance against Engineers is Pyrotech (IF the engineer doesn't have entrench) This is 1v1, but if you want group advice, dont open with a stun use ur stun after carbonize you maybe will get lucky and he'll escape carbonize to end up stun for 4 full secs. As an AP again use LOS atleast to close the gap in this fight, and hope for someone to be following you cause even if you do this he'll most probably win :(

This is not a 50/50 situation and I dare anyone post a video of consistently beating a engineer sniper.

If they are a full engineer than they probably are not using cover. You stated in the first one that they ran to cover and used some abilities that sounded like Sniper. I open with stun on any sniper so i can close the distance. Yes if it's a slinger or sniper that isn't in cover, LoS is what you would use or I simply avoid them.

I have yet to face a full engineer/sab spec so I have no advice on how to kill them. I believe everyone else stated the same thing. They are so rare, it's hard to say what you can do consistently.

If they are a full engineer than they probably are not using cover. You stated in the first one that they ran to cover and used some abilities that sounded like Sniper. I open with stun on any sniper so i can close the distance. Yes if it's a slinger or sniper that isn't in cover, LoS is what you would use or I simply avoid them.

I have yet to face a full engineer/sab spec so I have no advice on how to kill them. I believe everyone else stated the same thing. They are so rare, it's hard to say what you can do consistently.

Yea I was asking on my fleet last night trying to find one in all BM gear or even close. Could not find 1. And there are plenty snipers in Full BM on my server.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.