+400 presence from 8 classes of companions

ConradLionhart

I don't think that'll work unless you have 4 imperials and 4 rep characters, meaining two inquisitors with say Khem Val x2 on max affection will only grant the bonus once, you'd need a republic toon with a melee tank comp maxed out instead... so anyone who does not want to play both sides is at a huge disadvantage when it comes to the presence stat as you lose 4 characters with 5 companions each, 20 Companions overall which means 200 presence less for imperial or rep only.

I see your point here, it would need to be 4 of each - I myself have no interest in playing republic characters so would be limited to 200 presence bonus from companions.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that'll work unless you have 4 imperials and 4 rep characters, meaining two inquisitors with say Khem Val x2 on max affection will only grant the bonus once, you'd need a republic toon with a melee tank comp maxed out instead... so anyone who does not want to play both sides is at a huge disadvantage when it comes to the presence stat as you lose 4 characters with 5 companions each, 20 Companions overall which means 200 presence less for imperial or rep only.

Well, though that this was obvious, but yes, you need to have one char of everyone one of the 4 classes in both sides. If you have 8 Sith Warrios, you only get 50 presence XD

Anyway, if a disadvantage but that only affect when you are soloing. Having more or less presence wont affect you in pvp or operations.

Edited by Shaligal

I have all 5 (agent) companions at 10000.

Only 3 companions give me +10 presence bonus and no other bonus at all.

Bug or intentional?

Did you do all their missions and unlock all conversations?

I have maxed out all 5 of my companions and I got +10 from all 5.

I have all my companions maxed out on affection and none are unlocked.

Am thinking this has to be unlocked by completing your companions' questline, not just maxing their affection... just a guess though.

(Maxxed out affection by using companion gifts, which I got tons of leveling diplomacy).

Edited by Shlamorel

Then probably that is due to an error. Because, as far as i know, its supposed to give all bonuses at 10k.

Actually, it has nothing to do with 10k. You get the bonus unlocked when you finish all companion quests for that companion.

I saved up my last quest with one companion (who I only have 8600 affection with and have never been 10k with) before 1.2 hit to see if there was a fancy graphic or anything when you unlocked a legacy bonus. The morning of the patch, I talked to him to complete the quest, and his bonus then immediately unlocked (sadly, with no notification at all).

Edited by Weblar

so anyone who does not want to play both sides is at a huge disadvantage when it comes to the presence stat as you lose 4 characters with 5 companions each, 20 Companions overall which means 200 presence less for imperial or rep only.

Bit melodramatic isn't it, I sincerely hope you were not relying on the extra 100 presence from playing both factions to get your 7th Alt through the content....

I have all my companions maxed out on affection and none are unlocked.

Am thinking this has to be unlocked by completing your companions' questline, not just maxing their affection... just a guess though.

(Maxxed out affection by using companion gifts, which I got tons of leveling diplomacy).

It's correct, you unlock the companion's bonus when you finish its questline/dialogues. I have a companion with 9875 affection (never reached 10K and never lost affection with this one)and he gives me the bonus since I finished all his quests/dialogues. If I get him to 10K I will not have more dialogue options. It might not be true for other companions though.

Edited by Karson

Guys, it's stated in the legacy window that you have to complete ALL companion missions and dialogs to unlock them. Unfortunately, these missions are connected to their affection.

The first thing I thought about it was "okay, if I max out all classes for the presence bouns, I won't need it anymore by then". And as I don't wanna do that anyway, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just going to get the 100 Presence from unlocking humans and that's it.

By the way, the basic presence of my Sorcerer on lvl 50 was 225. So 100 or at least 400 are incredibly much. But, if you think of the leveling phase or even the 50 dailies, you do pretty well with good equip, even without those companion boosts.

Don't forget that presence is not the only stat. My 269 Presence increases its HP by 1310 and dmg arround 50+, so at least even doubling it won't be the world to it. Improving the equipment of your companion would worth much more than going to unlock another companion in your legacy.

Bit melodramatic isn't it, I sincerely hope you were not relying on the extra 100 presence from playing both factions to get your 7th Alt through the content....

I managed to get 4 toons to 50 pre 1.2 without any trouble, I'll survive the lack of presence - the one thing it does though is reducing the replay value of the same base classes.

I have all 4 base imp classes leveld to 50 - if I (and I believe I am by far not the only one) would level a Sith Sorc to 50 now I'd have another 50 - no presence bonus, no alternative classbuff, no new emote and no new heroic ability. That is a bit frustrating - knowing that leveling this toon instead of a sage gets me less benefits for my legacy.

They should've just taken each of your active characters and their companions for the stat buffs instead of spreading it across empire and republic. It just doesn't make sense for me to roll on the other side - I remember doing it back in WoW and eventually I never touched my horde character again after a while as everyone I knew was Alliance - my guild, my raid, the guys I traded with or just chatted with, all my other chars, regular dungeon grps, people i pvp with etc.

It's not gamebreaking but I don't feel as motivated to get to leveling my sorc now and I planned to have at least one character with the legacy benefits while leveling.

It's just not good design that's keeping everyone on the same level for the same effort, a guy posted he had 5 rep chars - no benefit to one, one guy has 3 imps 2 reps and gets more then he does for the same effort -> that's the problem.

So I still want to know if there is someone out there who has all 8 classes from republic and empire, and has unlocked all companions conversation to get +400 presence?

I still want to know how powerful your companion can get. If it's significantly a lot, I would aim for it to make flashpoints more possible and breeze through dailies.

Hi all,

Checking the legacy system shows that you can unlock +10 presence for every companion's affection that you almost max out of each class. 8 classes' worth of companion will give you +400 presence.

I just want to know, does anyone already have that, and does your companion now hit like a truck?

Edited: Changed it, thanks Shingara.

Well, first of all in order to get the companion bonus you need to have the affection maxed with each one of them, thing that atm im still getting... in total they are 40 and still have arround 16 to max :S

Second i cant exacly say that they are hiting like hell but yeah, i noticed some differences.

As soon as i get all of the them to max affection ill say if the difference is that huge.

Edited by Can-Vi

Well, first of all in order to get the companion bonus you need to have the affection maxed with each one of them, thing that atm im still getting... in total they are 40 and still have arround 16 to max :S

Second i cant exacly say that they are hiting like hell but yeah, i noticed some differences.

As soon as i get all of the them to max affection ill say if the difference is that huge.

Ok pls give us an update once you achieve that and let us know how many elites your companion can solo with +400 extra presence.

You are at a bit of a disadvantage...just like those who don't want to grind out comms at high level are at a disadvantage, or those who are trying to play a neutral character are at a disadvantage. There are plenty of instances in this game where one can find themselves at a disadvantage because of the choices they made.

Then probably that is due to an error. Because, as far as i know, its supposed to give all bonuses at 10k.

you dont need max affliction you just need to complete all the conversations for the unlock. you only need around 9000 to do this.

You are at a bit of a disadvantage...just like those who don't want to grind out comms at high level are at a disadvantage, or those who are trying to play a neutral character are at a disadvantage. There are plenty of instances in this game where one can find themselves at a disadvantage because of the choices they made.

A neutral character is not a disadvantage, the green relics really are useless after all. And besides - there are more ways to get good gear, not only with comms, you can also get the drops, craft stuff, buy stuff etc. Those don't even compare or what has being forced to roll toons on both sides and limit your actual character creation decision with grinding comms or doing the alternative or playing the char you want and have absolutely no downside besides not having relics until lv 50.

Hi all,

Checking the legacy system shows that you can unlock +10 presence for every companion's affection that you almost max out of each class. 8 classes' worth of companion will give you +400 presence.

I just want to know, does anyone already have that, and does your companion now hit like a truck?

Edited: Changed it, thanks Shingara.

Yes I have it completed, currently sitting on 747 presence with a few datacrons left to get yet. The bonus damage and healing is really not all that much, which is a good thing otherwise I can imagine all the QQ there would be, it is however a nice bonus on top of whatever gear your companion has. Link below.

http://youtu.be/sf2HxxspqcE

Edited by System_TOR

Either way, none of it can be used in a Flashpoint, Warzone or Operation. So even if you do manage to stack as much as possible, all you can do with it once you hit 50 are dailies. Sure, the benefit is there, and it can be used, but in a severely limited scope.

Yes I have it completed, currently sitting on 747 presence with a few datacrons left to get yet. The bonus damage and healing is really not all that much, which is a good thing otherwise I can imagine all the QQ there would be, it is however a nice bonus on top of whatever gear your companion has. Link below.

http://youtu.be/sf2HxxspqcE

lol thanks for the thorough proof.

Does it even make that much difference? I thought formulas were:

Health Bonus: Presence * 5

Dmg Bonus: Presence * 0.2

Heal Bonus: Presence * 0.14

So 500 Presence would be +2500 Health, +100 Dmg, +70 healing. Useful, but hardly overpowered esp at max level.

Either way, none of it can be used in a Flashpoint, Warzone or Operation. So even if you do manage to stack as much as possible, all you can do with it once you hit 50 are dailies. Sure, the benefit is there, and it can be used, but in a severely limited scope.

I think you can use it in a flashpoint if there are less than 3.

But yeah I was hoping that companions can be used to replace real players in hardmode flashpoints if they are powerful enough from +500 presence (human + 40 companions).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.