Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

Don't understand why this has gone on past the part when someone pointed out pretty much all endgame content was broken, but then again only the level 50s would know that. If any of the people complaining (especially the people who got to high end level 40) finished the characters then they would know this, we are being compensated, not rewarded. The free pet is a reward, hence why it is given to everyone, we have paid loyally for a subscription for months with nothing but broken content to keep us amused while doing so. Think about it instead of flying off the handle and complaining. And also for those who want to take the moral high ground and claim they haven't got time to waste on a game yet you have time to waste complaining? Logical.

Logic would be understanding all the issues within this thread instead of just picking one. It isn't just about the 30 days for the lvl50 players.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, I'll end my rant on this pointless thread.

Bioware is entitled to do whatever they want with their game.

If you were rewarded a free 30 days great!

If you weren't? Don't complain 4 more months down the road when they do give something else to level 50's and you aren't.

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

that part? that says if you have a level 50 you are more valued and are being rewarded for your loyalty? you know, the whole quote...

not if you have an active subscription since day 1 and have a character...

the free 30 days doesnt phase me, im happy to pay my own fees. being considered undervalued and non loyal compared to someone with a level 50 character just plain bites

What can I say. I really am loyal.

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

Don't understand why this has gone on past the part when someone pointed out pretty much all endgame content was broken, but then again only the level 50s would know that. […]

Everyone's paying for that same broken endgame content regardless of whether or not they've reached it yet. Why single anyone out?

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

that part? that says if you have a level 50 you are more valued and are being rewarded for your loyalty? you know, the whole quote...

not if you have an active subscription since day 1 and have a character...

the free 30 days doesnt phase me, im happy to pay my own fees. being considered undervalued and non loyal compared to someone with a level 50 character just plain bites

Wrong.

It says "one of our most valued players". Not "THE most valued" or "valued more than...". It is a standard PR wording, in the neutral way possible.

Also, I linked earlier a certain fallacy that is overused in here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_a_disjunct

If a level 50 is "one of our most valued player", that DOES NOT mean that any non 50 is not. It is simply a criteria.

Anyone stating otherwise is just using logical fallacies "cos they didn`t get the free stuff".

You didn't read far enough apparently. Many of us here are mostly upset about not being regarded as loyal customers even though we have been. It isn't about the 30 days to us, its about being overlooked for staying the course with them as well. Our beef, as it were, is more with how this was implemented rather than the object itself. If Bioware just said, "Sorry lvl50 players for lack of content, have a month on us" than it would have been less of a storm than it is now.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You got it, this is 100% of why I was mad. Why they did not say, "sorry to all of our endgame players as we don't have $15 worth of gaming for you this month and are giving you a free 30 days." is it sounds bad for the game. This is why the 50s got a free 30 days and it has nothing to do with the value of us as a customer. However that is the way they went with their PR, free 30 days thing. So I as a consumer will speak with my wallet and unsub for 30 days. I like this game, I was here day one with my BIG BOX CE and have had my sub up from the start, even when I did not have a lot of time to play the game. If you feel the same way make a post and speak with your wallet, let them know why. Love the game but there are other great games to play, for the next 30 days lol..:eek:

The funny part about all this is that if they had only phrased it better it wouldnt have been as much of an insult as it is now.

The way it is right now, anyone that havent leveled to 50 is not a valued customer...

That about sums it up. They should have called it the 'endgame patch' .. everyone else just ignore. Not even worth downloading the patch was it. Made me realise that this game is going to turn out just the same as all the others. At least I learned before I invested six months in it. And so I'm off now before the drudge starts.

Don't understand why this has gone on past the part when someone pointed out pretty much all endgame content was broken, but then again only the level 50s would know that. If any of the people complaining (especially the people who got to high end level 40) finished the characters then they would know this, we are being compensated, not rewarded. The free pet is a reward, hence why it is given to everyone, we have paid loyally for a subscription for months with nothing but broken content to keep us amused while doing so. Think about it instead of flying off the handle and complaining. And also for those who want to take the moral high ground and claim they haven't got time to waste on a game yet you have time to waste complaining? Logical.

this doesnt say anything about endgame been broken or its compensation to the lvl 50s who feel that endgame was broken

that says if you have a lvl 50 we think your more loyal than someone who hasnt.

face it Bioware has screwed up, bad wording from the out set

What can I say. I really am loyal.

and i am less so for not having a level 50 character? even though i have a level 46 on the PTR? what level is your character on the PTR btw?

maybe because i divide my time between the PTR and live servers, and over @ 12 characters since the day the game was playable, and during the beta phases, i am not a loyal and deserving customer i dunno. maybe i should ahve focused on one character for a week and bit purely to whine and complain at the end of it?

Everyone's paying for that same broken endgame content regardless of whether or not they've reached it yet. Why single anyone out?

Because only the level 50`s got to actually SEE it and pay repair bills or just get frustrated about it.

Nothing wrong with 'cheques'. I think you have mixed up the posts. Cheques is the correct form of English, until the Americans made it their own by spelling Check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomeclipse

I don't think the account page accepts McDonalds cheques.

You just proved your an idiot.

At least I know your not from the US.

It's not correct. It should be you're (you are) not your.

But that said...meh on nitpickery.

Wrong.

It says "one of our most valued players". Not "THE most valued" or "valued more than...". It is a standard PR wording, in the neutral way possible.

If a level 50 is "one of our most valued player", that DOES NOT mean that any non 50 is not. It is simply a criteria.

Anyone stating otherwise is just using logical fallacies "cos they didn`t get the free stuff".

I personally feel the "as a reward for your support and loyalty," THOSE words make me feel like bioware think I'm unloyal ;)

I see what their attempt is and while their intent is good HOW they did it is terrible. Are Bio marketing people even thinking, honestly.

Yes they want to draw back all the people who charged to level 50 in a matter of days and then got angry because a brand new MMO didn't have enough end game content. And yes there were problems with the content that was available. Incomplete, bugged or broken there were many problems.

As you can see just in this thread there are a great many of us who have been here since day one or before and no, we don't have level 50 characters. We continue to play and enjoy the game.

So you have a community with two very different play styles. For some the game begins at level 1. For others the game doesn't begin till level 50.

With this free month they are essentially rewarding one player base and snubbing their nose at the other.

Wrong.

no. just no. troll elsewhere

by affirming to any character with a level 50 character that they are a most valued and deserving customer and are being rewarded for their loyalty leaves everyone else being non loyal and deserving because they are clearly not as valued. that is the issue here

why is a level 50 character accoutn owner more valued and loyal than someone without? there is no basis for that assumption beyond a number.

I wonder at this point if they regret making an mmo and just wish they released Kotor 3? Well, actually I guess this is Kotor 3 with a monthly fee so I'm not sure how that factors into the equation. :confused:

Here, I'll end my rant on this pointless thread.

Bioware is entitled to do whatever they want with their game.

If you were rewarded a free 30 days great!

If you weren't? Don't complain 4 more months down the road when they do give something else to level 50's and you aren't.

This is all true! It is their game and the can run it the way that they want. However I am a customer and can do what I like also. Just for the PR aspect of this they should have given all day one subs the free 30 days. Or they should have given the real reason they are giving a free 30 days. We are sorry you hit 50 and there is not a lot to do. Endgame is not that great?

Edited by Syphonsystem

It's not about the money, it's about them telling players that don't have 50s that they aren't Loyal or Valued players.

It's not nothing to do with that we all know that.

The email couldn't read

"Because we are losing loads of those who are 50 since we screwed up on 1.2, we decided to keep you for longer by offering 30 free days!"

Never in a million years would BW admit this, but we all know that.

Just like the implementation of ranked WZ's, they failed at this PR stunt, it's back fired as well.

Edited by Elgarr

wow, when i saw thisi wasso upset, i had alvl 50 sniper for some weeks ago, but accidentaly i deleted him, now my highes char is a lvl 38 warrior, but unitl this time i havent felt like i wasted a mont by lvl ing up my agent, cos at least i became more experienced since this is my first mmo, and now i know i wont roll a sniper again more like an operative. And really 30 days my, wallett would really like that 30 free days since i have just resubbed!
I had deleted a high level as well but i found out you can have any deleted character restored,,,but only once.

Yeah, the wording is so wrong, and the arbitrary way they are giving this is wrong as well. There are different ways to measure "valued" and "loyal" customers other than just level number...

People that have been subscribed since the beginning is a much better way to measure it. Oh, and I did get to 50 about 2 weeks ago, so I barely made it... But it's still wrong.

This is terrible marketing by BW, my 90 days ends tomorrow, I was going to get myself a new 60 day card over the weekend - now I don't think I'll bother.

I'll wait and see what kind of official reply this gets first - its obvious BW know how upset some people are as they are taking down and closing all the other threads (or at least they were)

Have fun all those that did get to 50 though.

well as a loyal customer who feels like he has been kicked int he nutts

i want one of my toons to be upgraded for free to lvl 50

i also think every one else who has been subbed since launch and hasnt got a lvl 50 yet due what ever reason should also be give said free lvl 50

or im going to be using my free scroll from blizzard and get my free lvl 80 and epic flying

A SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

all other valued player get

We appreciate the support of our community throughout the development of the Legacy game update. As a 'Thank You' gift, we are giving all active subscribers (as of April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT) the following in-game Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet*, sure to be your new best friend!

so if you didnt go th extras mile to get to 50 then enjoy your gift a pet tauntaun

its there way of saying thanks for being there for us and for those of you who took it m ore and deeper here is your extra reach around gift

and for those of you who just sat there and didnt push well heres some candy