BH MERC heals nerfed to be the worst spec out now...

Pfomo

The nerfs didn't kill the class, the nerfs separated the skilled and the not-so-much. Plain and simple. BH healing is still very viable in HM EC, paired with a sorc it's still quite an effective combo in 8m hm. Obviously any changes made that reverts any of the nerfs will be welcomed, however it's not needed to keep us raiding.

Sure, if your raid team is perfect, then giddy on you. I'm a fantastic player, and my healing partner (Sorc) is fantastic as well. But we have a few DPS who sometimes fall short. They stand in fire, be where they're not suppose to be. In these situations where the rest of your raid team falls short of perfection, there is no heat resource available to bring these people's health back up.

In short, if all your players are super good, hooray, patch didn't hit you. But if you happen to be a healer in a guild with some DPS who like to occasionally ride the short bus, you're in for trouble.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to go DPS right now...but i am stuck with healing gear... no way will i keep grinding MORE gear so i can change specs... besides i dont want to dps, i want to heal. Just because DPS used to not play right and focus doesnt mean pre-patch when we did get focused we where unkillable. Thanks for breaking our class...I hate my class now. I dont even want to play anymore, thanks Bioware.

As a BH Merc who just healed a full clear of the new raid on hard mode in half Columi gear, Tionese weapons, and some pants from a 4 man and not only that but our guild was only the 10th or so in the world to full clear on hard mode. I topped the healing meters most of the fights over our OPS healer in full BIS gear head to toe...I say LEARN TO PLAY YOU SCRUBS. Its absolutely 100% a player skill issue, managing your heat takes fast thinking, sometimes 2-3 moves ahead in order to dominate, but you can dominate the healing, you just have to not be bad. the heat is tweaked just fine, if you cant handle it that doesnt mean anything is wrong with the game, the problem is you.

Thats not meant to be rude and personal, just to make a point, Im living proof that BH healers can dominate, even while undergeared with the current heat costs. Leave it challenging, its just fine where it is.

Edited by RichLather

As a BH Merc who just healed a full clear of the new raid on hard mode in half Columi gear, Tionese weapons, and some pants from a 4 man and not only that but our guild was only the 10th or so in the world to full clear on hard mode. I topped the healing meters most of the fights over our OPS healer in full BIS gear head to toe...I say LEARN TO PLAY YOU SCRUBS. Its absolutely 100% a player skill issue, managing your heat takes fast thinking, sometimes 2-3 moves ahead in order to dominate, but you can dominate the healing, you just have to not be bad. the heat is tweaked just fine, if you cant handle it that doesnt mean anything is wrong with the game, the problem is you.

Thats not meant to be rude and personal, just to make a point, Im living proof that BH healers can dominate, even while undergeared with the current heat costs. Leave it challenging, its just fine where it is.

Can you link me the meter info. THANKS

Bh heals I've been it since the beta and now is nerfed to crazy lows. I over-heat like crazy all my small really small heals like kolto shell now have 16 heat when they had 0.. all my heals have huge casting times now and way more heat. My heals are shot. No one will want a bh healer in their group now for raids its pointless I overheat my heals are even worse cause now I'm limited bc of heat. My casting is slow as a snail. This nerf was clearly for pvp I don't heal 750k in a match like sorc do yet I'm screwed now for PVE. Thanks bio for your -2 out of 10 star for a patch. I love healing I've been a healer in most MMO's this is pointless to be heals I'm Pissed and irritated if you want to fix pvp fix it with a buff or dot don't hurt my PVE for your lack of creativity and thought Bio. I'm so useless I've talked with 4 bh merc healers in my guild and they all feel the same. I'm going to go dps probably or maybe just do what others did before the patch leave bc now my fun and entertainment has been disrupted. I hate dps yet now I'm forced to go to it just to raid.

Honestly, it's not as bad as you make it. I've healed in HM/NM of both EV/KP with guild and I do not overheat. Sure slight nerf in the big heals, pop trinket and charge cylinders and you can still heal big. I wouldnt bother with PvP since melee is crazy at the moment.

I think what made our Healing spec great in pre-1.2 is what is destroying our heat meters now. Merc's are a burst healing class, and that's what we were good at pre 1.2. Now I believe we are a healing class without notable benefit or skill. Sorc's have their circle of healing and Operatives HoTs are awesome at bringing a lot 50% health people back up to a respectable health lvl, Merc's used to be good at keeping one target up no matter the incoming attack. Now that SCG's shield and benefits and heat venting have been halved were a awkward class without a notable or desirable skill. Now that they have taken away our single target healing I think they need to buff our abilities to AoE heal. Kolto missile without smart healing is kinda useless. When the Op group stacks to be healed the kolto missile has just as much of a chance to hit the 20% health person as it does the 95% health person.

When my healing focus goes off the tank onto other members of the group I have to use Rapid shots or healing scan because I have to save or keep off rapid scan and emergency scan, because rapid scan generates too much unless it has healing scan before it, than I have to save emergency scan for when I go back to the tank.

I keep both a Healing and dps set, but every time a raid wipes before I cant mulch-target heal that dps set looks nicer everyday time.

Edited by MittRomey

TL;DR

"I'm in a top 10 guild thus healing is fine because all my players are good; thus 0 raid healing is req'd. Oh, and all of you are bad because you're not in a top 10 world guild."

Seems legit.

Prior to 1.2 I never used Vent heat in raids (Fully geared Rakata) But I did however use it during large team battles in pvp for points, etc. Now however, when I went into EC last night, I had to blow vent heat nearly every time within 40 sec-1 min into the time frame. With the large amounts of aoe damage, the newly attuned raids that provide the tanks with a lot more incoming damage, it's slightly ridiculous. I scrapped by on every fight, and most of the time people who I was in charge of healing, were either never topped off, or hanging at around 50%.

So heat not playing any role at all as a healer was working great, and having to actually use heat dump abilites means the spec is "broken"?

I couldn't comment on PvP, but in PvE I just don't see what the big deal is. Sensible people (and you seem like one) will adapt, and will be competivite with sorcerers and operatives, people who just mash buttons will be in trouble. I've healed Lost Island in Columi gear with absolutely no issues.

EVERYONE struggles healing Denova, not just bodyguards. That is the way the ball bounces with new content. There is not enough DPS, not enough tank mitigation/HP, and not enough healing. Where does these shortfalls become apparent? When people die. What you're seeing as a healer is the end of a chain of defecits.

We currently do Denova HM with a sorc and ops healer, and they run out of force/energy too.

Stop crying, it's not that bad.

The nerfs didn't kill the class, the nerfs separated the skilled and the not-so-much. Plain and simple. BH healing is still very viable in HM EC, paired with a sorc it's still quite an effective combo in 8m hm.

This is true for the top 1% of players... Unfortunately 1% doesn't pay the bill for BW's game. You were quite effective with a sorc in a 8 man... because the Sorc was carrying the raid. I have healed some of HM EC with a Sorc carrying us too and the moment he runs out of resources... we wipe. But I guess Im just a baddie!

As a BH Merc who just healed a full clear of the new raid on hard mode in half Columi gear, Tionese weapons, and some pants from a 4 man and not only that but our guild was only the 10th or so in the world to full clear on hard mode.

No you didn't.

So it was a 16 and the other healers carried you? Even then the tuning is so tight you could not possibly do this... the fact is that the gear can not support the heals needed to do what you say.

Just a tip... a believable lie has 2 things:

1. A small amount of truth to suck people in. (yours had 0 truth to it)

2. To be kept very simple or be so grandiose in scope that the people your trying to scam will say: "wow that's so ridiculous it has to be true!"

Your claims while coming close to being big enough of a lie to get the number 2 rule just lacked a bit... perhaps if you said you were in all greens and did the world 10th kill of HM EC as a 8 man with another green geared BH... we would of believed you!

Edited by Jaxarale

This is true for the top 1% of players... Unfortunately 1% doesn't pay the bill for BW's game. You were quite effective with a sorc in a 8 man... because the Sorc was carrying the raid. I have healed some of HM EC with a Sorc carrying us too and the moment he runs out of resources... we wipe. But I guess Im just a baddie!

No you didn't.

So it was a 16 and the other healers carried you? Even then the tuning is so tight you could not possibly do this... the fact is that the gear can not support the heals needed to do what you say.

Just a tip... a believable lie has 2 things:

1. A small amount of truth to suck people in. (yours had 0 truth to it)

2. To be kept very simple or be so grandiose in scope that the people your trying to scam will say: "wow that's so ridiculous it has to be true!"

Your claims while coming close to being big enough of a lie to get the number 2 rule just lacked a bit... perhaps if you said you were in all greens and did the world 10th kill of HM EC as a 8 man with another green geared BH... we would of believed you!

This guy...

Wife me?

No but seriously, /slowclap

So heat not playing any role at all as a healer was working great, and having to actually use heat dump abilites means the spec is "broken"?

I couldn't comment on PvP, but in PvE I just don't see what the big deal is. Sensible people (and you seem like one) will adapt, and will be competivite with sorcerers and operatives, people who just mash buttons will be in trouble. I've healed Lost Island in Columi gear with absolutely no issues.

EVERYONE struggles healing Denova, not just bodyguards. That is the way the ball bounces with new content. There is not enough DPS, not enough tank mitigation/HP, and not enough healing. Where does these shortfalls become apparent? When people die. What you're seeing as a healer is the end of a chain of defecits.

We currently do Denova HM with a sorc and ops healer, and they run out of force/energy too.

Stop crying, it's not that bad.

And No; if you also read my latter and earlier posts, you'd notice what I've also stated, You copying ONE post out of what is maybe by now 7? Don't try to twist my words all around.

I stated that it needed a tweaking, I also stated that keeping the healing reduced that is current, but put back the way we could dissipate heat. Lesser heals with the same amount of heat dissipation would seem to bring the original goal BW intended but went too far with.

I am competitive with Sorc's and Ops as it is. But you seem so concerned with the number. I don't care about the numbers. I care about my raid wiping, or myself having to use Rapid Shots for long period of time because I have 0 resource.

I haven't met a Sorc that is having a "hard time" in Denova, and same goes with an Ops. But nearly every Merc I talk to is having issues. Maybe your guild is better then mine, maybe your raid members stay out of circles on the ground, and stay max ranged from bosses. Not everyone is in these types of guilds, and it's certainly not the vast majority that is. But because your overall raid group is better then mine, it means that my group of players shouldn't be able to enjoy the content like the top 1%? How snide of a comment. It's not about MY player adjustment. What you're asking me to do; adjust not how my raid members play their classes, but an MMO based game alone. You are asking me to go inside their minds and change their thought process and move them out of fire so that I am not required to heal them through it, because current heat resource simply doesn't allow for it.

Rather then just quoting someone on these forums and saying "Oh, this person is a bad, can't adjust to new play style" You should go through all the pages, and see why were having issues to begin with.

Edited by Valindra

If you test, you'll notice that Tracer Missle is no longer benefitting from the Tracer armor debuff. Very very easy to test.

I feel confident nothing is benefitting from it at the moment, which is why dps feels so terrible.

@ Valindra:

I just don't buy the premise that bodyguards are generally more resource restricted than operative or sorcerer healers. They work differently, they have less burst outside of Supercharged Gas, but can go on literally forever.

Yes, if your entire raid insists on standing in the fire, thus forcing the healers to go flat out all the time, the BH will overheat before the sorcerer/operative runs out of resource.

Do you want to balance the game around that scenario? In that case you would have to make all the healers work more or less the same. Yawn.

The thing I enjoy most about BH healing is the different take on resource management. Sorcerers are pretty much like any other mana using healer in any other game.

Bodyguard healers are absolutely viable in operations in my experience. You just can't ignore resource management, like you used to. Nor can operatives and sorcerers.

Bh heals I've been it since the beta and now is nerfed to crazy lows. I over-heat like crazy all my small really small heals like kolto shell now have 16 heat when they had 0.. all my heals have huge casting times now and way more heat. My heals are shot. No one will want a bh healer in their group now for raids its pointless I overheat my heals are even worse cause now I'm limited bc of heat. My casting is slow as a snail. This nerf was clearly for pvp I don't heal 750k in a match like sorc do yet I'm screwed now for PVE. Thanks bio for your -2 out of 10 star for a patch. I love healing I've been a healer in most MMO's this is pointless to be heals I'm Pissed and irritated if you want to fix pvp fix it with a buff or dot don't hurt my PVE for your lack of creativity and thought Bio. I'm so useless I've talked with 4 bh merc healers in my guild and they all feel the same. I'm going to go dps probably or maybe just do what others did before the patch leave bc now my fun and entertainment has been disrupted. I hate dps yet now I'm forced to go to it just to raid.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it sounds to me you may need a bit more practice playing the Mercenary Healer.

It's all about knowing how to manage your heat and knowing when to use certain abilities. Previously, we spammed Rapid Scan and Healing Scan more than anything. The only difference now is we throw in Rapid Shots and Kolto Missles more frequently than before, which is actually not bad. Super-charged gas is also more used more often than before as well mainly for the 5% increased healing. The additional heals from the trinket procs and Kolto Shell definitely adds up as well.

I can't say much for PvP as it has never been my focus however we do great for healing in Nightmare mode EV/KP as well as the new Lost Island flashpoint.

Our guild syncs our raid damage/heals together and we're satisfied with the results. Sometimes we run Sorcerer/Mercenary, sometimes Mercenary/Operative and the heals are pretty evened out for both healers.

Now of course it is a team effort... so no matter how competent you are as a healer, if you have DPS and tanks in the raid who aren't so great with raid awareness, then you may receive the blame for something they failed at. These can include standing in bad stuff, not using cooldowns, reaction time, or just not knowing how to play their character in general.

Overall, I'm satisfied where Mercenary healers are at this point. I'd welcome any buffs the developers may consider giving us however I have nothing to complain about.

Are you sure you're specced right for heals? There are many heat-reducing abilities Merc's can use in a battle in combination with their heals, as well as a few skill tree talents that help to mitigate the heat increases. For example, with one of the skill tree talents, if you cast Healing Scan, your next Rapid Scan's heat cost is reduced by eight. In conjunction with 30 charges of Support Cylinder and the Supercharged Gas ability, you can immediately vent another eight heat and eliminate the cooldown on Healing Scan for 10 seconds. :)

I will say that I've noticed a slight nerf in the amount that we heal and the damage we do, but nothing that can't be worked around with a little skill and some help with the Force. ;)

People are too lazy to stop and think of a new spec path so instead they just QQ on the forums.

Please, lets be real here... any kind of pressure on you at all and you overheat as a BH... PVE or PVP... it doesn't matter. In a raid if everyone is not spot on with mechanics and tanks dont pop CDs perfectly 1 of 3 things will happen:

1. BH overheats

2. Other healers cover you

3. Raid member or tank die

There are really no other options... Just because you can do 16 man's by over gearing it or other healers are covering what you should be doing doesn't mean the BH class is okay...

Oh and I LOVE the people that say... "I'm in full Rakata gear and healing HM's isn't that bad."

You do know that if your in full Rakata gear you should be doing NMM's right?

You out gear the content and THAT is why your not having too many problems... go run a NMM in Rakata as you should be doing and come back with how well you did...

1 mill credits say you got sat before it started (if you have even a half way competent raid leader), got replaced if they were dumb enough to let you in, or it was a wipe-fest from start to finish.

Edited by Zilrota
removed quoted reply.

@ Valindra:

I just don't buy the premise that bodyguards are generally more resource restricted than operative or sorcerer healers. They work differently, they have less burst outside of Supercharged Gas, but can go on literally forever.

Yes, if your entire raid insists on standing in the fire, thus forcing the healers to go flat out all the time, the BH will overheat before the sorcerer/operative runs out of resource.

Do you want to balance the game around that scenario? In that case you would have to make all the healers work more or less the same. Yawn.

The thing I enjoy most about BH healing is the different take on resource management. Sorcerers are pretty much like any other mana using healer in any other game.

Bodyguard healers are absolutely viable in operations in my experience. You just can't ignore resource management, like you used to. Nor can operatives and sorcerers.

Then you haven't raided with very many SORC's or OPs. I believe I'm the only *true* raiding MERC on my server, and if I'm not, they aren't dedicated. So I've ran with many different groups of people, in 5 mans, in 8 mans, you name it.

I have never once, pre 1.2 or post 1.2 encountered a SORC healer that ever ran out of resource, ever. In my raids, we finish Denova boss fights with our SORC healer having 60%+ Of his force. He never runs dry, ever, and he's carrying me on his back. I could maybe see a OP having the issue, MAYBE, if they're slightly bad, but a SORC? No.

And I don't base that the entire premise of my argument. I'm just saying unless the fight goes literally, 100% perfectly, I'm shouting on vent for my tanks to use CDs and the DPS who I'm in charge of, because I'm foolishly having to spam rapid shots after ONE raid member stood in a purple circle for just a little bit too long.

Again; probably now the 3rd time I've said this, congratulations that your raid group is full of 100% equal players, I myself, and the vast majority of healers in ANY MMO, generally have to carry a few DPS on their back because they're too busy with their numbers to move.

I'm also not ignoring any resource CD I have. I'm using literally everything. I'm constantly weaving in Rapid Shots so I don't have a bad fall-out. I'm also a damn good player and next week when I raids I'll be MORE then happy to link you MY parsers to show you that I'm a compitant fool who can press buttons correctly. But for you to just come here and say it's fine because YOUR own and self personal experience is unaffected while the VAST majority of players is... is not only very crass, it's naive.

Numbers.

before 1.2 we ran Operations (HM NiM) with 2 BH Bodygaurds.

After 1.2 i dropt any single piece of healing gear to go DPS.

The other remaining bodygaurd healer in our guild is stil healing.

Our guilds sorc is doing 1500-2k healing in operations, the Bodygaurd healer can't do more then 1200 HPS.

He's feeling borked but trying to deal with it.

At the same moment i got my Operative Healer close to full Rakata, but still i don't even dare to go in EC to start healing there beacause i feel i lack the power to heal a full group.

Healing is screwed atm.

I know many of you don't care. But today was the last day of sub. I played a merc healer since reaching lvl 50 because I find merc Arsenal is boring as hell. No interrupts and a 2 brain cells rotation. Who's idea was it to design a complete class tree centered around one single ability...?

Anyway, My toon has over 2100 Aim buffed, I know my class and after 1.2 I tried every build possible to try to compensate the horrendous nerf they threw at us. Pointless. If you are a raid leader and you take a BH healer over a Sorc healer you are simply reducing the chances of success of your raid. That is the truth.

We have BY FAR the most unforgiving resource. Our Aoe Heal is a joke compared to the Sorcs. We have no interrupts.

All we have is more survivability. How does that help our raid?

Now if all that is not enough, there is still one reason that was the main reason I did not renew my sub. Healing with a BH is no longer fun....spamming rapid shots and its annoying noise is no fun.

Healers miss a lot of content and "regular fun" because all we pay attention to is health bars and poo puddles. The trade off in most MMO is a sense of being somewhat powerful as a healer. Most devs understand this. I think this is a consideration the SWTOR team is oblivious of.

Good luck to all of you, I hope you keep having fun playing the game. That's why we all came here in the first place.

Edited by Giobiwan

If 9 out of 10 BH's are calling BH completly borked then Bioware has a problem.

In the end its us who pay the bills.

You can keep calling BH fine as it is for thosse 1% unbelievable BH healers, but if the other 99% is frustrated then something is wrong.

Im completly fine with hard fights, but 9 out of 10 times you don't wipe because people don't understand the tactics but because 1 of our healers simply don't have resources to heal a ful group up.

So the end game content in this game is for the 1% over skilled people or simply guilds with enough sorcs.

And it has nothing to do with skill, the same BH healers who where healing NiM runs before 1.2 now see combat logs.

They see sorc healers standing next to them healing almost twice the amount they heal.

I've been a healer since early wow, but the way healing classes are in this game is beyond my understanding.

I want to heal my group up using smart abilities, not by pressing 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1.

Before 1.2 our 16 mans raids ussualy had 2 BH healers 1 sorc and a Operative.

Now its the 1 Die hard BH who doesen't want to give up and 3 sorcs.

The other 2 or 3 have quit the game.

Edited by Bobiefatt

I'll agree that BH healing was a bit op prior to 1.2.

However, the heat requirement (16) for kolto shell/tramaprobe is crazy. It went from zero to 16 in 1.2 which is kind of excessive.

The nerf to kolto residue is unfortunate, but I wish it would apply to other people's heals too.

I've successfully solo healed the torvix heroic with me and two dps. It was challenging as a bounty hunter but if you watch you heat, use your critical efficiency buffs wisely its manageable.