The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Obi-Wan vs Revan

BrandonSM

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, look, a "Revan vs Blank" thread that he might actually have a chance of winning. Interesting.

I dunno, I know more about Obi-Wan than I know about Revan, and Obi was considered the best practitioner of Soresu in the history of the order (if I remember correctly). Did Revan ever fully master any of the Lightsaber forms?

I am not sure which one of them had the best saber fighting mastery, I know Revan was a good duelist. He fought Mandalore the Ultimate purely as a melee fight duel. (if I'm not mistaken). That doesn't seem like it would be hard for a force user to defeat a not force user hand to hand but supposedly that didn't apply to Mandalore, as he was a very tough opponent. Revan defeated Darth Malek who was basically just like Darth Malgus, mostly melee with some lightning. (Though Malek had a strange fascination for attacking with force whirlwinds.)

Once Revan had been redeemed, I believe he really grew strong in the force itself, and with force techniques. However in terms of sheer lightsaber mastery, I believe obi wan has the upper hand).

In a duel between them, it would partly depend on the fighting grounds. Despite him being less focused on force powers, Obi wan has a very strong awareness of the environment around him, and using it to his advantage (dropping that thing on those droids heads, I can't think of other atm, but I know they are there more). Though in some ways Revan is as well. Revan is a genius tactician (in other words very similar to Malavi Quinns talent for strategizing), he would pursue the battle options that would either given him the best possible odds, or lower the odds for the other person.

I worry about Obi Wan because he always waits for the other person to attack while he fights defensively. His best bet against Revan would be to move in fast and force it into a Melee fight where he has the superiority, but as it is, he may end up staying back and getting overwhelmed by Revan's Force techniques. (whatever all he is able to do, shooting lightning, Force throwing ****, etc...)

Though it might not take him down, he usually had enough sense not to get easily beat by a force technique. (I think he was the only Jedi who had sense enough to simply raise his lightsaber to block lightning rather than getting zapped or trying to block it with his hands).

He has a very intense battle focus it seems. Even if distracted or emotional, he is able to not let it bring him down. That would help when fighting Revan, as it has been mentioned before that due to his intonation with the force, allies of Revan feel a natural inspiration while fighting with him, while his enemies feel quite a bit of intimidation and hopelessness. Though Obi-wan is strong willed and very strong spirited.

I really cant say for sure, I am leaning towards obi wan, but it just depends on the circumstances.

based on this information, i am interested to hear what people say

Eh, loll he masterd 4 people pwning on him, revan that is.

Which incident are you talking about?

I think Meetra actually had Revan beaten in being able to take on lots of enemies, I still remember having to fight through tons and tons of sith apprentices getting into that temple after Traya. Then again, there was the star forge where waves of enemies came after Revan, but he also had more help and backup for that.

Obi-Wan: Hey nooblet.

Revan: WTH???

Obi-Wan: You think you's leet when you's nub.

Revan: You take that back!

Obi-Wan: Awwww you gonna QQ nub?

Revan: I'm DARTH REVAN!!!

Obi-Wan: You is DARTH NUBLET!!!

Revan: Man, **** you!!!! *jumps*

Obi-Wan: *slices and dices* Chump. Works every time.

The Trollesu Master wins again. :D

They would knock each other in the ground and I believe they would both limp away in opposite directions. Kenobi would definitely need a drink in the nearest cantina. There they would bump into each other and laugh in the restroom facility. Thats what excactly would happen.

A lot of people really undermine revans abilities.. He was one of the strongest Jedi ever. But obi is also one of the smartest and best fighters so I really don't know. (both of them are my 2 favorite star wars characters)

Obi-Wan has the ultimate defense and trolls his opponents into making fatal mistakes. He's NOT that great of a swordsman, but he's a master tactician.

Obi-Wan has the ultimate defense and trolls his opponents into making fatal mistakes. He's NOT that great of a swordsman, but he's a master tactician.

He stood up to Grevious who was a tough fight for Windu. Dooku had to take him out with the force. He beat Anakin - who was arguably the best duelist of his time. And Windu considered him *the* master of Soresu. He was a pretty damn good swordsman.

He stood up to Grevious who was a tough fight for Windu. Dooku had to take him out with the force. He beat Anakin - who was arguably the best duelist of his time. And Windu considered him *the* master of Soresu. He was a pretty damn good swordsman.

He also mastered that sub-Form of Soresu, known as Trollesu. Watch Episode III again and you'll see what I mean. He basically trollpwns both Grievous and Anakin. :D

I'm sure the idea behind Soresu form was that it is a pure defensive form that waits for the opponent to make a mistake and utilise that mistake...

No other form, including Djem-So, could break a master of Soresu...

So yea, Reven would get it handed to him...

Edit: Gotta love the forceclash videos:

Edited by DjDangle

Obi-wan would win.

he is one of the Republic's best fighter, Master of Soresu and like Anakin said "Obi-Wan is a great mentor, as wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu."

and he could match and kill General grievous and Darth maul

Edited by madswindfeld

Obi-Wan would win. Revan is cool and all, but TOR era Jedi and Sith are weak as **** in comparison to those of the later Republics.

'Cept you have no proof to back that up. Kreia even went as far as to say that the sith lords of old would make anyone of their age seem like children playing with sticks in comparison.

So we have two statements with no proof. Stalemate.

Oh look another BrandonMS "I hate Revan so ..............Revan vs Thread"

Obi-Wan would win . He would do as he always seems to do , allow you to put him into defensive backing up until you left a opening and he would taunt you and defeat you.........

Revan much like Anakin is too offensive and aggressive , and it would be pretty much the same fight but Obi-Wan would be really into it being Revan is a nobody to him , atleast he loved Anakin.

P.S : Revan wasn't a God and there was many Hero's later and before his time that would beat him , that is life . It doesn't kill his character to be less than so and so , it would kill his character ("atleast to me") if he could win all these fights . At some point a Hero has to lose ! To me a Hero that always wins is poor writing and poor imagination . I really hate Good always wins stories ............

Edited by mefit

Oh look another BrandonMS "I hate Revan so ..............Revan vs Thread"

Obi-Wan would win . He would do as he always seems to do , allow you to put him into defensive backing up until you left a opening and he would taunt you and defeat you.........

Revan much like Anakin is too offensive and aggressive , and it would be pretty much the same fight but Obi-Wan would be really into it being Revan is a nobody to him , atleast he loved Anakin.

P.S : Revan wasn't a God and there was many Hero's later and before his time that would beat him , that is life . It doesn't kill his character to be less than so and so , it would kill his character ("atleast to me") if he could win all these fights . At some point a Hero has to lose ! To me a Hero that always wins is poor writing and poor imagination . I really hate Good always wins stories ............

I didn't see a lot of love from Obi after chopping his arms n legs off though.... Let me guess, tough love :D lol

"You were my brother Anakin..... I loved you...... now burn in hell you scrawny little wretch"

Edited by DjDangle

'Cept you have no proof to back that up. Kreia even went as far as to say that the sith lords of old would make anyone of their age seem like children playing with sticks in comparison.

So we have two statements with no proof. Stalemate.

Except it was Lucas that said the Jedi during the PT were in there prime and attained the highest lightsaber skills ever, with the strongest jedis/siths ever living during the Clone Wars era. Kreias reference(if to be taken seriously :rolleyes:) is talking about the Jedi/Sith during the KOTOR era, which are clearly weaker then alot of other eras.

If your saying Revan beats Obi-wan then your now arguing that Revan is in leagues with Windu and Yoda. Which is absurd.

Edited by Girdeux

Since the OP doesn't specify the nature of the contest, I'm going to fill in the blanks and say that it's who I'd rather have a beer with: Obi-Wan wins, hands down.

Drink at the Pub and have some fish n chips with !

Except it was Lucas that said the Jedi during the PT were in there prime and attained the highest lightsaber skills ever, with the strongest jedis/siths ever living during the Clone Wars era. Kreias reference(if to be taken seriously :rolleyes:) is talking about the Jedi/Sith during the KOTOR era, which are clearly weaker then alot of other eras.

If your saying Revan beats Obi-wan then your now arguing that Revan is in leagues with Windu and Yoda. Which is absurd.

So Obi could've beaten Windu ?