Dooku Vs Yoda?

MrFb

So I was talking to someone on my server about the fight of Count Dooku vs Yoda, who was "better" as in who would win in a fight, wouldnt dooku have killed yoda if it wasnt for anakin helping him? Or do I remember that scene incorrectly, or misunderstood it?

yea you definitely didnt see it correctly. anakin didnt help yoda, anakin was lying on top of obi wan unconscious with a severed arm. yoda actually saved anakin and obi wan from count dooku by forcing him to retreat after dooku realized he could not win Edited by crashoverridex

I always wondered about that fight, how long could Yoda really keep up that pace. He was jumping all over the place, Dooku was just standing his ground.

You can see in his face he realised he couldn't win, however in saying that how long could Yoda really have fought for?

if dooku had not tried to crush anakin and obi-wan yoda would have easily beaten him without breaking much of a sweat

this^

Dooku only threw the pillar at Anakin and Obi-wan cause he knew he had lost and that Yoda would take the time to save them, giving Dooku time to escape.

Edited by TheNevet

i aggre on this yoda aint about strengh hes about the force and hes second only to darth vader in the count of meteclorians he has meaning his size dont mean crap he is the 2 most powerfull force user of his time and if u look at it in terms of mastery he was the best yoda is the mannnnnnnnn

Yoda hands down.

And, I think Yoda would have taken Palpatine. Sure he got a surprise blast at first but Palp was the one to take off first and if the soldiers had not interferred i think Yoda would have caught him.

Even though Palp was putting on a show for Anikan I think Mace would have still beten him.

But Yoda was the man....:D

Edited by spreadsheet

The first (and only) time I saw that fight I literally laughed because Yoda looked so ridiculous. Only later did I realize how fundamentally depressing it was. And now the fact that people are having a serious discussion about it is even more depressing.

Yoda might have come toe-to-toe with Dart Sidious, however Master Windu utterly defeated him, and I remember Palp saying that Darth Vader would become stronger than either of them too.

Count Dooku might have been the next most powerful force user at that time, but he was definitely no match for Yoda.

As for the count of metechlorians, The Jedi didn't know the one of Darth Sidious at that time... he had been the apprentice of Darth Plagueis the Wise who could alter them...

Yoda was a master of Form IV : Ataru which is what he used against Dooku's Form II : Makashi.

I think part of Ataru is using the Force to negate old age (I believe the technique is called Force Valour/Valor) and thus perform wild acrobatics using the Force. It does require concentration however Yoda was considered one of the best swordsmen of his time and arguably the most knowledgeable of the Force at the time. Windu was far more combative than Yoda, but Yoda I believe had a greater understanding of the Force. There is more to the Force than just lightsaber combat after all.

Add to the fact that Yoda was able to absorb or push back Dooku's Force Lightning with much more ease compared to when he did so with Palpatine's Force Lightning.

i aggre on this yoda aint about strengh hes about the force and hes second only to darth vader in the count of meteclorians he has meaning his size dont mean crap he is the 2 most powerfull force user of his time and if u look at it in terms of mastery he was the best yoda is the mannnnnnnnn

Palpatine is #1 then Vader, i would say Revan is 3 nut you are talking about "of his time"

I'd say in a one versus one fight, no distractions Yoda would win. I'm a empire fan, I'm the guy who cheers for the Dark side, however Yoda is clearly more skilled with the force then Dooku. But remember, Yoda is ATLEAST twice the age of Dooku, so who knows?

Yoda wins! :csw_yoda:

Considering how confident Dooku was at the start of the fight and how he chose to run at the end, I think he was sure he was going to lose. Most sith aren't cowards unless they know they will lose, so I think Yoda would have won by the way Dooku ran away. Also, Yoda came close to beating Sidious, Dooku's master at the time.

This ship has sailed, Yoda clobbered Dooku in Episode II, both in the movie and the book. Dooku ran away like a coward.

Dooku's lightsaber style is powerful don't get me wrong, but Yoda's small size and his skill in Ataru completely overwhelmed Dooku.

If Dooku hadn't dropped that pillar of machinery on Anakin and Obi Wan, Dooku wouldn't have even made it off the planet.

There would be no Episode III.

Yoda is a great Jedi warrior not a pacifist... He has had nearly 900 years to perfect his force abilities. Even if Darth Vader or Sidious were more powerful overall they were not nearly as wise. Yoda knew that he could wait out the Sith until a great Jedi needed training. Doesn't matter who won the battle, Yoda won the war.

Yoda is a great Jedi warrior not a pacifist./QUOTE]

Um no.

Read up on Yoda.

Watch Episode V and VI.

Explore the EU.

Then tell me he's "not a pacifist."

The entire Dooku fight makes zero sense. As does everything Yoda does in episode 3. It destroys his entire character.

For Yoda, the prequels are Highlander 2.

I got the impression when I first saw him that it was implied in the past he had fought in wars. A Jedi can't really be a Jedi who's a complete pacifist anyway, actual combat training is necessary. How could they be the guardians of peace for a thousand generations if they were pacifists.

I got the impression when I first saw him that it was implied in the past he had fought in wars. A Jedi can't really be a Jedi who's a complete pacifist anyway, actual combat training is necessary. How could they be the guardians of peace for a thousand generations if they were pacifists.

Which is why Lucas called the Prequel Jedi Corrupt. The Republic corrupted them, turned them into something they weren't.