Alderaan Crystal Formation-Pristine Adegan Crystal

Blastoramaboy

RayJ & Dawginole - WOW I WAS confused! : ) *well partially anyway..... I had no idea that you could create the +41, but had to have BOTH stones to create from (2 of the shard in fact). Thank you for straightening me out on that. I was under the impression that one schematic took one stone and the other schematic simply required the other stone. Well that certainly clears that up. Now if I could just get Infected Trapjaw to drop the lower level schematic, I would like to create a couple of the lower end crystals for the newer players to purchase on the GTN. I have taken him down twice in two days and nothing yet. Edited by SiThEnErGyFoRcE
Recognition

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1297, -561

1346, 312

I found crystal formations at both of these locations on Sanctum of the Exalted (I don't think many people are looking for them here, I've only seen one on the GTN). After I picked them up, I soloed Ulgo Siegebreaker to see if I could get a schematic, but he didn't drop one, so I can't confirm that he drops these. I'm now testing the 2 hour respawn on the crystals and I will continue downing the Siegebreaker to see if he drops a schematic.

Edited by AnAngryAntelope

I'm not sure if the respawn timer is 2 hours because I came back 2 hours later and waited around a bit and neither node has respawned. It's possible that they respawned at undiscovered locations i guess...

It's two hours. Trust me. We have 3 confirmed spawn AREAS. So if you cap and then return to the exact same spot it won't be there. I have also confirmed that there are only 3 spawn points within each area.

So it looks like this:

RAVINE SPAWN AREA (Point 1 > Point 2 > Point 3 > Point 1...) , PENINSULA SPAWN AREA (Point 1 > Point 2 > Point 3 > Point 1...) , SOUTH HOUSE THUL STEPS SPAWN AREA (Point 1 > Point 2 > Point 3 > Point 1...).

So you grab from one point at a spawn area and it will rotate to the next point in the same spawn area 2 hours later. It does this at each spawn area.

It's two hours. Trust me. We have 3 confirmed spawn AREAS. So if you cap and then return to the exact same spot it won't be there. I have also confirmed that there are only 3 spawn points within each area.

So it looks like this:

RAVINE SPAWN AREA (Point 1 > Point 2 > Point 3 > Point 1...) , PENINSULA SPAWN AREA (Point 1 > Point 2 > Point 3 > Point 1...) , SOUTH HOUSE THUL STEPS SPAWN AREA (Point 1 > Point 2 > Point 3 > Point 1...).

So you grab from one point at a spawn area and it will rotate to the next point in the same spawn area 2 hours later. It does this at each spawn area.

Thank you for the clarification, heading to Alderaan now to check this out. I don't remember seeing any posts about a spawn point at South House Thul Steps, but I'll check that area anyway.

I can confirm as well Michjohvan and MaliceX's location. There's a 10-15 second "dig" animation to uncover the crystal. You even pull out a shovel. Fun times. Proper coords: 1306, -1291.

Just posting some more pics of some of the crystals I have found on Alderaan. Just backed the camera out as far as it would go for a point of reference.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/th_swtor.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/th_swtor1.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/th_swtor2.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/th_swtor3.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/th_swtor4.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/th_swtor5.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/th_swtor6.jpg

*Side Bar*

To those who post that they have found items, but then do not post the location, you are a tool. If you do not want to reveal the location for others, then do not post. To show how idiotic your position is, I have prepared this exemplar.

*Fictitious press release by Jonas Salk circa 1955*

Dear world,

I have found a vaccine for Polio. It works real well and will prevent future generations from procuring this deadly disease. It took a lot of hard work and effort to make this an efficacious vaccine. Since I put so much work into, I do not feel it is right to share the results with the public. I figured it out, so if given enough time, so shall you. Good luck in that iron lung.

-Jonas Salk

:wea_02:

Edited by AdamDe

Umm, mate, you might want to do something about those links.

Try as I might, all I got from opening them was thumbnail-sized mini pics.

This. No point ranting about folks not sharing info, and then posting useless pics.

Good effort though.

Thank you for the clarification, heading to Alderaan now to check this out. I don't remember seeing any posts about a spawn point at South House Thul Steps, but I'll check that area anyway.

I think it's House Thul. It's the camp slightly north west of the peninsula.

To those who post that they have found items, but then do not post the location, you are a tool. If you do not want to reveal the location for others, then do not post. To show how idiotic your position is, I have prepared this exemplar.

Bro, there are only 3 verified spawn areas, and they have been listed dozens of times. It shouldn't be the responsibility of those of us that have already found them and are sticking around to help to repost the coords in every post we make when it would just take 10min for you to scan through the thread. I mean, if you don't look it up, I would have to. Just because I've found the spawns doesn't mean I have the coords memorized. :D

Bro, there are only 3 verified spawn areas, and they have been listed dozens of times. It shouldn't be the responsibility of those of us that have already found them and are sticking around to help to repost the coords in every post we make when it would just take 10min for you to scan through the thread. I mean, if you don't look it up, I would have to. Just because I've found the spawns doesn't mean I have the coords memorized. :D

I just assumed everyone had 20/5 eye sight like I did. To Dawginole specifically, this was directed at your comments at the start of the thread about not wanting to post the coordinates initially. I do realize that you eventually relented and did post them, however, I had to read through 5-6 pages of, "Please post the cords" to find them. Again, without the rant this time, if you have great knowledge in the future and feel the need to post that you have said knowledge, just share it with everyone else up front. I posted my first post at 0245 in the AM, so I was a little cranky. :)

Here are the fixed links for those who do not have Eagle Eyes like I do...

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/swtor.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/swtor1.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/swtor2.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/swtor3.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/swtor4.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/swtor5.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/swtor6.jpg

Sorry about the crazy links b4.

So it looks like this:

I've been through this whole thread a few times, and there are only TWO confirmed areas: (1) approximately {+1300, -1350, +312} and (2) approximately {+1300, -562, +263}. The people listing a "third" area are in fact listing X,Z instead of X,Y because of the stupid map bug.

Area (1) -- the ravine, South Fornak River in Kaamos Territory -- has TWO spawn points. One is almost directly below the other. I know there's only two because I've gotten 3 in a row (every 2 hours when it respawns) and it went Point 1 > Point 2 > Point 1 and has done so every time I've hit it. I've provided a screenshot where one is present and I've circled where the other appears: http://i.stack.imgur.com/NehTG.jpg

I've never seen the one at Area (2). I believe the screenshot that AdamDe posted is real though, I'm guessing it's just spawned somewhere nearby and I can't find it. Edit: Looks like two points for this one as well, {+1185, -440, +270} and {+1300, -562, +263}.

If you have actual proof of a third area, like screenshots, please provide that. And provide coordinates (all 3 like I did, it prevents confusion) so we can verify it.

Edited by Telanis

I've never seen the one at Area (2). I believe the screenshot that AdamDe posted though, I'm guessing it's just spawned somewhere nearby and I can't find it.

I too have never found a crystal at this third area. As far as the second area (by the medical camp) the crystal was more farther south than coord said, not by much. Again, there is prob sev diff spawn points for the crystals in the general area. This is the only spot I have found it in near the medical camp, most of the time I have went there, there has been no crystal. At the northern spawn point, by house Thule, I have found sev diff spawn points at diff times.

I too have never found a crystal at this third area. As far as the second area (by the medical camp) the crystal was more farther south than coord said, not by much. Again, there is prob sev diff spawn points for the crystals in the general area. This is the only spot I have found it in near the medical camp, most of the time I have went there, there has been no crystal. At the northern spawn point, by house Thule, I have found sev diff spawn points at diff times.

Ha, I just found the other point for the second area (by the medical camp, as you say). It's at {+1185, -440, +270}, part of the same hills as the first point {+1300, -562, +263}. Brilliant.

Edited by Telanis

No this is not schem specific as far as I know. The thing we are farming is just a crafting material. It's used in the +41 schematics after it has been refined. But I do not know if it is used in the other schems.

It is used in the +16 schematics as well. It is just such a pain in the rear to find on Alderaan. I have only found 1 on my server, and was hoping I didn't have to continually die to get to it.

I just assumed everyone had 20/5 eye sight like I did. To Dawginole specifically, this was directed at your comments at the start of the thread about not wanting to post the coordinates initially. I do realize that you eventually relented and did post them, however, I had to read through 5-6 pages of, "Please post the cords" to find them. Again, without the rant this time, if you have great knowledge in the future and feel the need to post that you have said knowledge, just share it with everyone else up front. I posted my first post at 0245 in the AM, so I was a little cranky. :)

No worries man. But I'm comfortable with the process I went through. And when I have time I will post some pics of the detailed spawn areas. But finding these things and their spawn points was a ton of trouble. I wasn't worried about competition on my server as I had none. I got like 24 in 2 days. My concern was ruining the search for others right off the bat. Some people like to search on their own, so I gave limited hints. As we have gotten further from launch I've been happy to help out as much as possible because the secret is out at this point. Cheers and thanks for posting your links.

These don't cover each of the spawn points in every area, but they cover two areas.

The third area is the south Thul House area, which is a different entrance than the main Thul Palace entrance.

Check out your pic here:

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/swtor1.jpg

To the north west of the peninsula where you are located on this map image is a zone point. When you go through this zone you will enter a new map that also has a zone into the south Thul area. When you start making your way up the steps into this zone there will be rocks to your right. Jump off the steps onto the rocks and in this spawn area are three rotating spawn points in these rocks. One on the rocks just off the stairs, one on top of the building, and one up a little hill as you are standing on the building.

At the ravine, the three spawn points are essentially all on top of each other. They are at three different hights. The highest point is the hardest to see from the top of the cliff. The two lower points are easier to see.

At the peninsula, there is one in the alcove you have pictured, and then there are two points, each on top of a tall flat rock covered in snow.

Your best farming rotation is to log out at the South Thul House steps. Log in at the farming time, and grab that one, travel down to the peninsula via the river as the fastest route coming up on the beach at the north tip of the peninsula, and then head east off the peninsula to then head north through the zone to the ravine cliff point. Then head back to the South Thul House steps to log. As you get familiar with the route, your farming should take about 30 minutes MAX travel time from the steps back to the steps. At that point you can log or go into warzones for the next 1.5hrs and then start your farming cycle over.

If you are just after enough crystals for your personal weapon this process should take you no more than 30min for one weapon, or 2.5hrs if you are a Sent/Maur. At max if you are going after both a PvE and PvP set it should take 2.5hrs or 6.5hrs for a Sent/Maur. That's assuming you want an exp set for PvP and a crit/power/end set for PvE.

These things were so well hidden I am convinced we have not found all the spawn areas. For instance, it took me an hour searching the peninsula to discover it moved from the top of the flat snowy rock to the little hidding alcove in your picture. So I'm sure we haven't found them. Hell, we've been battling two egg spawns for weeks now and George Zoeller came on the forums a few days ago to tell us we were all stupid and that there were a lot more egg spawns than just two, so I doubt we are limited to three spawn areas for this either, but that's just my assumption.

That's the best I can do without pics, and I can't edit the first post. If the OP wants to add all this info to his original post he is welcome to assuming the proper players that have contributed are credited with the discoveries of course. ;)

I've never seen the one at Area (2). I believe the screenshot that AdamDe posted is real though, I'm guessing it's just spawned somewhere nearby and I can't find it. Edit: Looks like two points for this one as well, {+1185, -440, +270} and {+1300, -562, +263}.

Thank you for posting this. I think there may be a third spawn for this one SOMEWHERE, but I haven't been able to find it. I have only seen in here: http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/mada1337/swtor.jpg

(also checked the top of the rock here http://i.stack.imgur.com/im3I2.jpg this morn, nothing there... must be a third spawn somewhere close?)

Also, I have only been able to find the crystal formations @ TWO locations described in this thread... I poked around a good bit yesterday, no dice yet. BUT

These things were so well hidden I am convinced we have not found all the spawn areas. For instance, it took me an hour searching the peninsula to discover it moved from the top of the flat snowy rock to the little hidding alcove in your picture. So I'm sure we haven't found them. Hell, we've been battling two egg spawns for weeks now and George Zoeller came on the forums a few days ago to tell us we were all stupid and that there were a lot more egg spawns than just two, so I doubt we are limited to three spawn areas for this either, but that's just my assumption.

I agree, there HAS to be more!

Over the last few days, I have been able to camp the two spots fro these crystals and have been able to grab no less than 25 or so crystals and take them take them to Korriban to get them converted.

How I understand the next steps is to go to Tatooine and get the water evaporator buff then go to Ilum for the Shock Frozen water then finally spawn and kill the Ghost boss which requires a group.

For anyone who has already completed that last part, my question is if a group of 4 players each go get the Tatooine buff and then each get Shock Frozen water and then kill the Ghost, does that mean that we can only convert a maximum of 4 crystals? Or if I have 20 in my bags, can I convert all of them when we kill the Ghost boss?

Over the last few days, I have been able to camp the two spots fro these crystals and have been able to grab no less than 25 or so crystals and take them take them to Korriban to get them converted.

How I understand the next steps is to go to Tatooine and get the water evaporator buff then go to Ilum for the Shock Frozen water then finally spawn and kill the Ghost boss which requires a group.

For anyone who has already completed that last part, my question is if a group of 4 players each go get the Tatooine buff and then each get Shock Frozen water and then kill the Ghost, does that mean that we can only convert a maximum of 4 crystals? Or if I have 20 in my bags, can I convert all of them when we kill the Ghost boss?

You aren't converting the pristine adegan crystal. The crystal you get for killing the ghost is an entirely different crystal required for the craft. No crystals are used when you pop the ghost. Just your shock frozen water.

I know that there was a trick where you could get multiple frozen waters. But I think the process has been changed.