30 days free for a level 50?

Mangese

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level 50 takes a month at most, funny seeing all the kids QQ 'bout how they feel betrayed.

After buying the CE, in Dec 2011 - Jan 2012, 5 weeks, I went into the hospital. I was able to play about 30 minutes a couple of times, when the game released, but due to what I was going through it wasn't very fun. I now have a year of recovery, the first 3 months have been horrible, and I have only been able to play sparingly. I have a level 32 and enjoy listening to all the story lines, etc.

I'm sorry for being a loyal customer, but not being treated as one, because I can't rush to get to the end game, and from what I am hearing once you do that you either roll alts, or quit.

This isn't QQing, this is people saying that while they are loyal customers and playing the game in a way they want, at the same time paying the same as everyone else, Bioware and EA have decided that certain subscribers need more of an incentive to stick around.

They will stick around, for the free 30 days, but after that if they were going to leave they will leave. What they may have missed is that people that can't or don't care about getting to 50 as quickly as possible, or maybe not at all may leave over this.

In my opinion, they made a bad call, they should have given 30 days to people with active subs for X amount of time, and I would be willing to bet if they said “If you keep an active sub every 6 months you get a month free” they would have kept more plays subscribed, but that is just my opinion.

In the end, it's their game, they can do what they want.

in my opinion the free 30 days should of been given to everyone who played from launch, but that is way too many people so bioware wouldn't do it...so they should of done for those who were in early access...oh wait..way too many poeple again..

level 50 are the minority of the population..yes there are thousands of level 50 players but they are sitll the minority..so the minority get the free 30 days instead of bioware giving it to millions of players and loosing out on money..either that or they are on severe damage control right now

I agree. I've no level 50 but I've been here since launch.

Well I doubt this will shut up any of the level 50s who are bored.

If they unsubscribed once their going to do it again.

Nothing against people who like to level quickly,but If you leveled quickly and dissapointed unsubbed ,quit or complained,youle get 30 days to rush through any new content and repeat the behavioure for free.

But then I'm sure there are people at level 50 who love the game and have no complaints,Enjoy the game, rolled another charactor and have level 50s just because its not that hard to level to 50,At this point there should be level 50s. we're 5 months into swtor so its reasonable.

Personaly I'm one of that is trying to make the game last,theres plenty todo on your way to 50.Enjoying the journey...theres just no free 30 days for that gameing style.

However many who unsubbed due to boredom will unsub due to boredom quickly after their free days are up.

Because thats how they play.

No lessons about how to level already know how, Thanks in advance.

Edited by CygnusMX

I decided that the people who are rushing to cap in order to get 30 days free time are doing themselves a real disservice.

You are giving up the chance to absorb the (mostly) great story telling in a rush to a non-existant (because it's still new) end game, you are forgoing the entertainment in your class quest and the major chains on each planet for a measly $15.

In the end you will be standing around in fleet in your free month doing nothing, just killing time, instead of still working slowly through the great story - taking each conversation choice carefully, listening to the script.

To each their own I guess, but in 2 weeks time if you guys start raging that there is nothing to do... well - please remember it's your fault.

we're 5 months into swtor so its reasonable.

Just as a quick comment on that, this is not true for the Oceanic players who respected the embargo. We have only been officially allowed to play for a month.

Edited by Bhaers

Greetings everyone!

Since we have an active thread discussing the Legacy Promotions and in the interest of consolidating feedback, we are going to close this thread and ask that you please continue your discussion in the following:

Legacy Promotion now expanded

Hello everyone! At BioWare we're always listening to our fans and we've heard our community's comments around players with Level 50 characters being the only group awarded 30 days of play time. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

We just released the innovative Legacy System as part of Game Update 1.2, and felt that looking at Legacy point progression across all of your characters was a great way to reward our most avid players. This means that any of the experience you earn with any of your characters brings you closer to the goal of Legacy Level 6. The choice of how to get to Legacy Level 6 is yours.

First, you need to have passed Chapter 1 to unlock your legacy. Examples of how to get to Legacy Level 6 include:

• A pair of characters Level 45 and 42
  • A trio of characters of Levels 45, 32 and 32
  • A bunch of characters Levels 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20
  • A single 50th level character that has enjoyed the endgame for a brief time

Remember these are just examples – you’re free to choose how to earn your Legacy experience to gain Legacy Level 6.

We've also got another significant piece of good news: everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT - click here for a time zone converter) to have a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account to get 30 days of game time on us. (Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.) Players will now have multiple options, as well as more time, to try and reach these goals and play all the great new content in Game Update 1.2.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk

Studio GM, BioWare Austin

[As an FYI: the news story and webpage regarding Legacy Promotion will be updated tonight or early next week with up-to-date information.]

Thank you! :)