Chiss force sensitive? sith pureblood on the republic?

cowmonster

Hrmm......ya so....the lore.....why are you destroying it?.....it is known that the chiss are not force sensitive and i see no reason for a pureblood to be a good doer and join the republic and fight the empire...ya.......this is worse then a hutt jedi...

It's all for fun,Deal with it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All force sensitives are rare if you want to be a lore freak, mowing through ranked lines of hundred of jedi and sith on every planet is lore breaking. They wanted to make a game based on star wars, it wouldnt have been fun it only.0001% of people could even potentially use the force let alone be powerful in it, and it would not be fun for anyone who was force sensitive to have an extreme advantage over anyone who wasnt.

Yes, chiss force sensitives are rare, but I hypothesize that is because chiss are rare, there is what, a million humans for every chiss in the galaxy if not more, the fact there have been any notable force sensitive chiss means they are not as exceedingly rare as people think they are.

Well over a trillion humans per chiss. Possibly more.

Well over a trillion humans per chiss. Possibly more.

There is no way to give an accurate ratio of Chiss vs other species like Humans as we have very few hard numbers for species population in the SWU.

One source I can remember from a magazine put the Chiss population at 5 trillion which is indeed very,very small compared to how many habitable worlds,in numerous galaxies there are.

So you can extrapolate from that the Chiss are a low population species compared to others, and that would make finding a rare, in any species, Force Sensitive that much harder to find among the Chiss.

There is no way to give an accurate ratio of Chiss vs other species like Humans as we have very few hard numbers for species population in the SWU.

One source I can remember from a magazine put the Chiss population at 5 trillion which is indeed very,very small compared to how many habitable worlds,in numerous galaxies there are.

So you can extrapolate from that the Chiss are a low population species compared to others, and that would make finding a rare, in any species, Force Sensitive that much harder to find among the Chiss.

I was estimating based on two points: Area of chiss space vs area of everything else and how commonly they seem to appear. "Chiss space" is really small compared to everything else, and because they don't seem to appear much it would make sense that they are mostly focused in that small area. Humans are spread across the entire rest of the galaxy - and they are the main species on most planets.

...this is worse then a hutt jedi...

Actually a Hutt Jedi sounds like a riot. I want one of those right after we get playable Jawas. A Jawa SI shooting lightning out of his sleeves would be a gas. Or playable Gungans on the Imperial side. "Everything is proceeding as meesa has foreseen!"

OK, maybe I need more decaf.

Seriously - this game is sort of forming its own canon and is diametrically opposed to a lot of Lucas' ideas to begin with. Roll with it and have fun...

Actually a Hutt Jedi sounds like a riot. I want one of those right after we get playable Jawas. A Jawa SI shooting lightning out of his sleeves would be a gas. Or playable Gungans on the Imperial side. "Everything is proceeding as meesa has foreseen!"

OK, maybe I need more decaf.

Seriously - this game is sort of forming its own canon and is diametrically opposed to a lot of Lucas' ideas to begin with. Roll with it and have fun...

Hmmm.... Gungans in a neutral faction called "Target Practice" would be awesome. :D

Ok, still getting a bit used to the new forum format. This is weird, man. :eek:

Hrmm......ya so....the lore.....why are you destroying it?.....it is known that the chiss are not force sensitive and i see no reason for a pureblood to be a good doer and join the republic and fight the empire...ya.......this is worse then a hutt jedi...

To be fair, the "Hutt Jedi" IS a thing. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beldorion He turned evil eventually, but he was a Jedi.

In any case, the point is that said Chiss is NOT a pure-blooded Chiss. One parent is Chiss, the other is obviously a species that can be force-sensitive. I don't see the conflict there. As for the Sith, you're basically condemning an entire species to be completely evil. It's like saying all humans are inherently good (which is not true at all). Any number of environmental factors could have the son of a Sith join the Republic. Not to mention that he doesn't HAVE to be a do-gooder (remember, flexible in-game morality).

To be fair, the "Hutt Jedi" IS a thing. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beldorion He turned evil eventually, but he was a Jedi.

In any case, the point is that said Chiss is NOT a pure-blooded Chiss. One parent is Chiss, the other is obviously a species that can be force-sensitive. I don't see the conflict there. As for the Sith, you're basically condemning an entire species to be completely evil. It's like saying all humans are inherently good (which is not true at all). Any number of environmental factors could have the son of a Sith join the Republic. Not to mention that he doesn't HAVE to be a do-gooder (remember, flexible in-game morality).

Guess you don't like reading preceding posts, we all know there was a Hutt Jedi, that wookieepedia entry was linked previously. We also explained and know that pureblood Chiss can be Force Sensitive,although it is rare, and 2 examples of Chiss Force Users were provided. The Chiss even had a group of Force Users called Sages. Still further on in the posts, it is explained about Chiss population, the rarity of Force Sensitives and how the two would make it so finding a Chiss Force Sensitive would be a Herculean task.

Edited by Temeluchus

All force sensitives are rare if you want to be a lore freak, mowing through ranked lines of hundred of jedi and sith on every planet is lore breaking. They wanted to make a game based on star wars, it wouldnt have been fun it only.0001% of people could even potentially use the force let alone be powerful in it, and it would not be fun for anyone who was force sensitive to have an extreme advantage over anyone who wasnt.

Yes, chiss force sensitives are rare, but I hypothesize that is because chiss are rare, there is what, a million humans for every chiss in the galaxy if not more, the fact there have been any notable force sensitive chiss means they are not as exceedingly rare as people think they are.

What's more, think about it this way. There are only a few thousand known Force-Sensitives in the galaxy. Just to remind you what a galaxy is, there are billions of people on Earth (one planet). A galaxy contains hundreds of billions of stars, each with an unknown amount of planets. Even considering the rarity of life-supporting planets in a galaxy (and the Star Wars galaxy has many life-supporting worlds).

So knowing that there are only a few thousand Force-Sensitives in a galaxy containing trillions upon trillions of individual beings, I think that it's safe to say that finding force-sensitives among a single species is still rare. Especially a species that has never bred for force-sensitivity in the past.

First off, Expanded Universe is not George Lucas' Star Wars or story/stories, he has said as much in interviews. In George Lucas' stories there are no Chiss...

Also, EU canon includes a Hutt Jedi, and while you can dispute the source (StarWars.com links to wookiepedia as a source), the validity and likelihood of such an example of the species, its out there. The book isn't all that good (like most of SW EU books), but its added to the history of the Star Wars galaxy, and TOR will, like other new star wars products of all kinds, add and include what is part of EU... except whatever Lucas puts out there, everything is retconned according to his meddling and retconning... like he messed up the whole mandalorian thing with his Clone Wars series...

And Sith Jedi might be odd, but Sith Je'Daii certainly exists in the new series Dawn of the Jedi from Dark Horse Comics, so a Sith Jedi isn't that unlikely, considering the heterogeneity of any species made up of self-aware and thinking individuals.

What's more, think about it this way. There are only a few thousand known Force-Sensitives in the galaxy. Just to remind you what a galaxy is, there are billions of people on Earth (one planet). A galaxy contains hundreds of billions of stars, each with an unknown amount of planets. Even considering the rarity of life-supporting planets in a galaxy (and the Star Wars galaxy has many life-supporting worlds).

So knowing that there are only a few thousand Force-Sensitives in a galaxy containing trillions upon trillions of individual beings, I think that it's safe to say that finding force-sensitives among a single species is still rare. Especially a species that has never bred for force-sensitivity in the past.

"Few thousand"? Probably hundreds of thousands, at least. Jedi/Sith are NOT the only Force traditions in the galaxy, tho most others hold themselves apart.

Chiss and Sith Pureblood Jedi will become a frequent sight in the game... but don't forget that story-wise, they're still rare. That Chiss Sentinel is the Jedi Knight of the 8 class stories. That Sith Pureblood Shadow is the Jedi Consular of the 8 class stories. Both are unique individuals in terms of TOR's story. That's all that matters. If seeing 12 of those Chiss JKs running around the fleet is immersion-breaking for someone, too bad. The choice of species, gear, color crystals, etc, isn't dependent on multiplayer immersion, it's about allowing players their own choice.

"Few thousand"? Probably hundreds of thousands, at least. Jedi/Sith are NOT the only Force traditions in the galaxy, tho most others hold themselves apart.

Chiss and Sith Pureblood Jedi will become a frequent sight in the game... but don't forget that story-wise, they're still rare. That Chiss Sentinel is the Jedi Knight of the 8 class stories. That Sith Pureblood Shadow is the Jedi Consular of the 8 class stories. Both are unique individuals in terms of TOR's story. That's all that matters. If seeing 12 of those Chiss JKs running around the fleet is immersion-breaking for someone, too bad. The choice of species, gear, color crystals, etc, isn't dependent on multiplayer immersion, it's about allowing players their own choice.

This is the universe we are talking about, which is immensely huge. Even if intelligent life is considered a rare thing in the SWU, then were are probably talking about total population numbers way up there like in the septillions. If intelligent life isn't a rare thing in the SWU, then the population numbers really balloon up.

From that Force Sensitives being a rarity among the universe wide populations, you're probably talking about hundreds of millions able to use the Force.

The lore is still there...

Like stated above Chiss can be force sensitive, but its just a lot rarer.

Who says the Jedi Council wouldn't accept a defected Sith Pureblood as a Jedi? Many of the Jedi teaching actually speak of forgiveness, no matter what crime has been committed.

The lore is still there...

Like stated above Chiss can be force sensitive, but its just a lot rarer.

Who says the Jedi Council wouldn't accept a defected Sith Pureblood as a Jedi? Many of the Jedi teaching actually speak of forgiveness, no matter what crime has been committed.

And they did, as many pointed out, Lord Praven defects if you're light side, and later helps you out as a Jedi on Corellia. That's not even counting Master Tol Braga's padawan who was a fully-vested member of the Dark Council, albeit human.

Tol Braga defeating a dark council member in a duel and bringing him to the light, then training him as a Jedi, that's about as hardcore and unlikely as you get. The only irredeemable Sith when you look at the storylines of all Star Wars tend to be the Sith Emperors.

I'm sure you can find somewhere that ALL species can be force sensitive. "The force runs through all living beings." Being able to use the force is just an ability to be able to control the force.

I'm sure you can find somewhere that ALL species can be force sensitive. "The force runs through all living beings." Being able to use the force is just an ability to be able to control the force.

Except for Wookiees now. George has declared them non-Force sensitive except for the existing surviving Wookiee Jedi. In other words, Lowbacca only. :p

So yeah, no more Wookiee Jedi. Ever. The Lucas Has Spoken.

What does a person's skin color have to do with their profession?

That's racist.

:confused:

Everything, in fantasy, it has to do with everything. Race often determines allegiance, ability and profession. Orc's are evil and unredeemable, Romulans are conniving and arrogant, etc.. It's a way to weave stories without spouting off a ton of unnecessary expository dialog. When the camera pans towards the smiling Romulan and the unnerving music starts to play, we know that good-for nothing SOB is up to something based on what we know of his race.

So yeah, this does hurt lore. But meh, whatever.

Well actually were not talking about races, but species.

Chiss are absolutly Force Sensitice as any other Species too. Differnce? Different is that the Chiss Empire doesnt support them, they have no Order no benefits nothing. There is no way of a Force User in Chissilla (or however their Homeplanets are named) and they werent born in the Empire, they came as a kind of Allies (im not 100% sure about that) to help out the Sith Empire as Agents (in swtors case). So if someone feels that a Chis sis force sensitive he could get the Training, by Jedi or by Sith.

Edited by Timo

One thing I have noticed is if any of you guys read the comics, that lead up to this particular game, A sith Pureblood aided the republic simply because it could mean destroying

the emperor's plan to create his children

So in technicality she may have been still Sith, but she was working towards the downfall of the emperor. It may not make much sense, but I think its awesome that they allow complete customization like that so you CAN create your own story... Perhaps you were one of

the emperor's children

and now u want to fight back against him. PLUS you DONT have to be a good doer on the republic side, u could be 10,000 darkside.