1 month free subscription for level 50's only!?!

STRIKEFROMABOVE

Personally i know that its not very hard to get a level 50 but some you like me are trying out all the classes and have been subscribed since the game came out are not being told that just because we dont have a level 50 we dont deserve the 1 month free cause last time i checked i give them 15$ a month just like everyone else i think that they should instead of just giving to level 50's they should give it to everyone that subscribed on day one and maybe a week after. I hope people agree with me :D * THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION BTW*

Personally i know that its not very hard to get a level 50 but some you like me are trying out all the classes and have been subscribed since the game came out are not being told that just because we dont have a level 50 we dont deserve the 1 month free cause last time i checked i give them 15$ a month just like everyone else i think that they should instead of just giving to level 50's they should give it to everyone that subscribed on day one and maybe a week after. I hope people agree with me :D * THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION BTW*

In a way I do agree with you, but I think the main reason they are doing it is because the endless complaints people have about nothing to do once they hit 50. That is just a guess though.

Link to the post: http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion

Near the bottom it says that for all the accounts with a level 50 will be getting one month free of subscription even though they want to handle all the end game complaints they still need to treat those that want to take there time or try other classes after all thats what an mmo is about...

Agreed. I am in the same situation as you. I have been subscribed and playing the game since beta, but due to experimentation and time restrictions I do not have a max level character yet.

I have called billing to express this opinion, and I will be cancelling my subscription for the time being. This was a vast oversight, and generally bad customer service.

Agreed. I am in the same situation as you. I have been subscribed and playing the game since beta, but due to experimentation and time restrictions I do not have a max level character yet.

I have called billing to express this opinion, and I will be cancelling my subscription for the time being. This was a vast oversight, and generally bad customer service.

Unsubbing because someone else got something for free that has no effect on you?

Seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to quit over.

Edited by Sylriana

I won't be cancelling or anything because I really love this game...just kinda bummed. My highest lvl toon is almost 40, but my husband has a level 50.

Guess he gets 30 days free play time and I don't :rolleyes:

Oh well...missed it by that much...

At least that's an extra $16 bucks in our pocket for beer one month ;)

Edited by GussJr

Unsubbing because someone else got something for free that has no effect on you?

Seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to quit over.

No it means that us subs that have been here since day 1 shouldn't be treated differently because of an arbitrary distinction. I too, don't have a lvl 50. It was intentional on my part because having been at the launch of other MMO's I realize that sufficient end game content is not always there at launch. So imo this seems to me to be a big screw you from Bioware. Since my money apparently isn't as good as some others.

No it means that us subs that have been here since day 1 shouldn't be treated differently because of an arbitrary distinction. I too, don't have a lvl 50. It was intentional on my part because having been at the launch of other MMO's I realize that sufficient end game content is not always there at launch. So imo this seems to me to be a big screw you from Bioware. Since my money apparently isn't as good as some others.

I'm sure they didn't devise a marketing tactic to specifically "screw you".

I can understand being disappointed, but I can't see how throwing a tantrum gets you much of anything.

Hi all,

While we appreciate constructive feedback regarding the Legacy promotion and understand there may be some frustration about who qualifies for this promotion, we do have an existing active thread on this topic, available here:

Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

In order to consolidate the discussion, we're going to close this thread and ask that the community use the existing thread to continue to give feedback on this topic.

We appreciate your understanding!