The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

I find it hillarious that on almost every page in this thread there are like 2 posts with **** excuse for an analogy regarding food, cars, job, you name it, and their authors all think that they are valid.

Valid point:D

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya that's what I was thinking. This is a bummer for them, as well as us. But these things happen sometimes.

Thanks, Bioware, for the time and effort and slogging through the headaches.

The headaches of not making the upgrade happen on Monday.

As one of the 'unvalued', I say we wait and see what happens next - BW are on it!

Stephen Reid ‏ @Rockjaw - 'We're discussing internally and we hear the feedback.'

That's what we're doing as well. They goofed, that happens. HOW they deal with the problems is what matters to me.

I find it hillarious that on almost every page in this thread there are like 2 posts with **** excuse for an analogy regarding food, cars, job, you name it, and their authors all think that they are valid.

Fact: Some people have good points.

Fact: Some people use inappropriate analogies.

Fact: Some appropriate analogies get lost among the inappropriate ones.

How about just stating your point instead of using analogies? Just a thought. ;)

Hey not my fault they fell for it<-------LOLZ

I agree that they should've just gone out and apologized if anyone felt that they weren't perceived as a valuable customer to the company and that they indeed were.

Perhaps I wasn't clear of what I was talking about. I meant that if they gave an apology now, people would still be upset and demand that they'd be given the 30 day free time. Now, that is my guesstimate of the situation. You may have another one. Time will tell.

nope I agree

now the appology will not be enough

I just gave the reasons why as the whole senario unfolded!

As I said, this whole thing could have been avoided by

Appoligy yesterday and redefinition of the free time (lets face it, we all know its was designed for those who quit to be drawn back in, the existing 50s were dang lucky to be included as it is just so the parameters of giving free time to draw cancellations back in wasnt so appearent)

or

dont appologize and heavily censor out posters looking to incite problems and issues by gloating, insulting, trolling those who would predictably be upset

Sadly neither were done and now I agree, an appoligy will not be enough.

Heck appology and free time will not be enough for a good percentage.

When you loss customers, you can never draw them back in. Bioware could give all that cancelled a free year and a good percentage would play free year and cancel never spending a cent towards TOR. Same thing will happen with the free 30 days to come back. Good percent will take the 30 days and then cancel before paid subscription comes up.

I been saying it forever and honestly dont think Bioware ever fully grasped this concept, regardless how old and inprinted it is in the cust service industry

You ONLY have ONE CHANCE to make a good first impression.

This is what BioWare should do NOW.

1. OFFer a Free month for all the lvls from 10-49.

2. Say that they are given this offer because they (BIOWARE) feel they (lvls lower than 50's) are UBBER Customers.

3. The lvl 50's will start complaing that now they are not satisfied with being a Valuable costumer but they rather be UBBER.

4. More whinning will happen in another thread.

But that would mean instead of there being players feeling left out, there would be players feeling they aren't special...lol

How about just stating your point instead of using analogies? Just a thought. ;)

Fact: Peak hours of gaiming on SWOTR happen on weekends

Fact: **** happens (see: Murphy's Law)

Fact: If we were playing we wouldn't be complaining

Fact: If this happened on a Monday, the complaining would still happen but to a smaller degree

LOL, that he spends more hrs playing. Thats pretty simple isnt it. So sad just get over it peeps..we are truely more Valuable than all of you--Get over it for Dogs...sake..hehe. Simple to explain.

Lets suppose you go to a Restaurant and eat at that restaurant every Week, but another person comes 1 time a month...WHO IS MORE VALUABLE? the person that comes every week...its simple nothing wrong with saying his a more valuable. There not saying nothing wrong. They have said your a VAluable asset to this game....but people like some of the players in 50's are more valuable cause they spend more time playing. Guys Cmon get over it... HE HE

Not when BOTH have "Pre-paid" to eat there! Just a thought. :rolleyes:

I understand why Bioware made it 50's only, though story/alt lovers have gotten the shaft to be honest.

I care a lot more about story/character development/crafting/RP than "end game".

I've had multiple mains in every MMORPG that I've played since the early days of AC/EQ.

Here, I have two characters (out of my 8) that are level 50 simply because I became engrossed in their class storylines and wanted to see them through. They "dinged" 50 on the way to accomplish this when I wasn't even looking.

I didn't "power" or "space bar" through anything with them, or any of my other characters.

Having level 50s does not mean "not caring about story/being a power leveler/have no life" any more than not having level 50s means that someone is "less valuable/has contributed less or has less overall /played time".

Edited by Skylarke

I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the nonsense of the dev team not planning ahead. Not only did they do this this weak, but In January 2012 and December 2011 and February 2012. No one recalls and complains about a free month. I've never met people so worried about 15 dollars before. Especially since the number of the server down days is climbing at such a rate that by January 2013, customers will be out 15 dollars anyway, no matter the level. And if you think a free Tuesday or whatever day of the weak will fix the issue. You sir are blind and i feel deep sorrow for your condition.

It's pretty obvious that you haven't been reading much of the posts I've made in this thread. Which is fine, it's a big thread. But if you had, considering you scolded me for not keeping up-to-date with your posting habits, you would've known I haven't complained at all about any of that.

Regarding the offline servers, I am most certainly not pleased. But I don't go around making post upon post venting my anger of the situation. I assume that they actually want their servers up and running so people can play and that they are not just doing this out of spite for their player-base.

This is what BioWare should do NOW.

1. OFFer a Free month for all the lvls from 10-49.

2. Say that they are given this offer because they (BIOWARE) feel they (lvls lower than 50's) are UBBER Customers.

3. The lvl 50's will start complaing that now they are not satisfied with being a Valuable costumer but they rather be UBBER.

4. More whinning will happen in another thread.

The truth is I think there would be no complaining about the level 50 30 day free if BioWare had just watched the wording. "Loyal" and "Valuable" are strong words. And, when you put others on a pedestal over others who pay the same amount, have played just as much and chose to take advantage of variety over a few choices is what is wrong. I guess that those of us who don't have level 50 accounts, being not of the same quality as those who do, should be taken out back an flogged?

Fact: Peak hours of gaiming on SWOTR happen on weekends

Fact: **** happens (see: Murphy's Law)

Fact: If we were playing we wouldn't be complaining

Fact: If this happened on a Monday, the complaining would still happen but to a smaller degree

That's fairly likely.

Fact: This entire release has been a complete nightmare for BioWare/EA, one way or another.

Edited by exccw

It's pretty obvious that you haven't been reading much of the posts I've made in this thread. Which is fine, it's a big thread. But if you had, considering you scolded me for not keeping up-to-date with your posting habits, you would've known I haven't complained at all about any of that.

Regarding the offline servers, I am most certainly not pleased. But I don't go around making post upon post venting my anger of the situation. I assume that they actually want their servers up and running so people can play and that they are not just doing this out of spite for their player-base.

In the words of Lesley Gore, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" etc. etc. etc.

Why is everybody freaking out about everything? Not enough WZ? Play another character, or appreciate what you have. No free month? Are you really so attached to $15? Bioware implied you aren't valued? I'm sure the didn't mean it. Legacy rewards cost money? Between 3-4 characters, a few million isn't much. Servers are down right now? Hey, looks like BW is working on stuff as we speak, and that sounds good to me.

Why all the stress and rage? No, I mean that completely seriously. Will somebody explain to me what the point is in being angry at this? All of this? Anything in general, really? Where are all the optimists? Everybody's a cynic and a pessimist, or an entitled spoiled brat, or far too sensitive for his/her own good.

Somebody explain.

There's entitlement mentality on both sides.

"I DESERVE it because I'm a level 50."

"I DESERVE it because I've been around the entire time."

How about both sides just drop that argument and find a different point to debate. Nah, that's too reasonable of a compromise. Let's polarize it further! No wonder our politics and society have come to this point...

well I would counter

since the entire entitlement issue about loyalty!

What constitutes loyalty?

1) Player beta tests, pre orders DD edition, buys a 6 month sub, plays 10-14 hours a day across 3 servers and 19 characters, is set to reup at time of announcement

or

2) Player buys game at launch, space bars to 50 in 2 weeks, QQs on forums about known issues well documented before he bought game regarding lack of end game content, cancels, comes back 1 day before 1.2 and gets a free month because he has a level 50 and was sub'd before April 12 at noon.

I mean, its pretty obvious to me which is the loyal cust and which is the flaky unreliable cust.

But thats just me.

My point:

There was more than enough time to qualify for the bonus three times even if you play casually, read every quest and take your time. Now that BW announced this bonus, people go berserk because for whatever reason they didn't manage it and because the announcement itself had a significant faux pax in it which gives everyone the excuse to rage.

Hell, even if the wording was better, the amount of QQ wouldn't be any smaller. More coherent maybe but not smaller cause people will whine about anything, anywhere, anytime.

I for one realize that the wording was simply an honest mistake and now they see that they could've done it better. I don't come and mercilessly rage about it hoping that in result, I'll get that 30 days I wasn't originally privy to (I did qualify for the bonus but that was an example).

Too much entitlement these days.

Edited by gibmachine

That's fairly likely.

Fact: This entire release has been a complete nightmare for BioWare/EA, one way or another.

Fact: Sucks to be Bioware

Fact: Guild Wars 2 Beta is available

Fact: Diablo 3 is out in less than a month

Fact: Subscription money can be used elsewhere

Well it been nice playing with all of you. I choose to unscribe due to the fact that I have been a member since launch and just because I choose to play multiple toons and level them up together vs. playing 1 or 2 and getting them up to level 50 I have to pay $15 extra. It is wrong that someone that came in a month or 2 ago can get the benefit of a free month. Its not the money that is the issue just their opinion that their most valued players is defined by the level they have obtained.

:p Bye bye.