Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

Hey thnx bioware and EA. My first day off in weeks and you **** it up, way to go, thanks alot for your stupid **** ups yet again, next time spend more time on the patch AND GET IT ****IN RIGHTTTTTTTTTTT

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the 30 days free was meant to appease the level 50 PvP thumb twiddlers not content with endgame content, why the hell didn't BW just say that? Choosing the word loyalty is sure as the brown stuff going to get peoples hackles up The idiot who decided to use the word loyal when announcing the 30 free days should be sacked, I believe the use of that word alone will cause players to quit..

I don't spend all day reading every post in the forums, I play the game. I'm only finding out about the 30 days now, and only because the servers are down AGAIN, which to be honest, if the trend continues is going to lose more subs if they don't get their acts together.

It's entitlement. Period. And I absolutely hate using that word because it's so overused. Here today, we have an example of what it looks like. Maybe not you in particular, but this thread is full of it.

It is entitlement, but that doesn't make it wrong. You're allowed to feel entitled to something when it was applied so poorly. Say you work in a team of people who all do the same job, and half of the team gets given a bonus because they've been at the company for over 10 years. You all do the same job and work just as hard on the same projects, yet you've been working there 9 years and get nothing.

It's perfectly legitimate to feel entitled to a free 30 days, BW should have handled it better, personally i think the message should have been written as a thank you to the community for all they've put up with and here's 14 free days for all active subscribers...job done, happy players all round.

They didn't say that "the most valued players" are level 50. They said, and I quote:

Do you see the difference?

This is from the direct page @ http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion...

"As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, all active subscriber accounts with a Level 50 character as of April 12, 2012, 12:00 PM CDT, 5:00 PM GMT, will receive 30 days of game time** at no charge in appreciation for your support and loyalty."

I do see the exact words most valued players... and I do see support and loyalty....I don't see the quote for most active and valued high level players or the waiting patiently.

Anyway I know that I am just as active or more active than my brother who has a level 50 character and he made it to 50 just because he played fewer alts than I did. So us who have multiple friends playing on multiple servers are deemed not loyal or active. I do wish they would have told us that there was a deadline to hitting level 50 when the game came out. I would have rushed through and ignored all the content just to level if only I would have known they had a deadline.

Anyway it is the sole fault of a level 50 if they are boreded, because they leveled too fast.

Not sure you wanna go down that road. Following your own logic: "It's the fault of non-50s that they didn't get the gift, because they leveled too slow."

You're telling people that it's their fault for playing the game the way they play the game, and assuming they're not breaking the rules, there's nothing wrong with how one person decides to play as opposed to another.

Edited by Dezzi

Sensibility like this will be lost on the mob.

You're probably right. And the sad part is I'm not even trying to defend BioWare here, I believe they should've given it to everyone or no one. But that is irrelevant to the situation.

I get why people are offended by this. They have invested a lot of time and energy into this game and their characters and then they get the feeling that they are not valued as customers for it. Which is really what I am trying to convey: that they are giving it up based on something that was never intended.

Sad to see that some people can't or won't see past their own sense of injustice and realize that it wasn't intended upon them. Even more sad when they give up a game they apparently enjoy because of it.

Hey thnx bioware and EA. My first day off in weeks and you **** it up, way to go, thanks alot for your stupid **** ups yet again, next time spend more time on the patch AND GET IT ****IN RIGHTTTTTTTTTTT

Finally someone who agrees. Forget the loyalty nonsense. We payed for a working product not a weekend bucket of fail. Read my lips, START UPGRADES ON MONDAYS!

So im not considered to be a loyal customer if i havent leveled one character to 50? Tbh your most loyal customers are probably the ones who have a number of characters that are a moderately high level. Poor choice of words BW, youve bassicly just insulted a chunk of your best customers. If you are giving a gift to a small number of ure community then you are making the other half benefit less.

All i hear is people complaining about stupid stuff...quit being such winy babies take ur free month or keep playing like u were before...complaining about wording...what are we 5?

If that's all you hear you need to go back to school and improve your reading comprehension.

Not sure you wanna go down that road. Following your own logic: "It's the fault of non-50s that they didn't get the gift, because they leveled too slow."

You're telling people that it's their fault for playing the game the way they play the game, and assuming they're not breaking the rules, there's nothing wrong with how one person decides to play as opposed to another.

The fact is those who leveled to level 50 and are on here calling the others whiners are saying that its their fault for their play style.

Your just as bad as us complaining about this is.If they wanna reward you lvl 50's for whining about nothing to do atm the do it through a ingame mean and have that available to anyone who hits 50 until they get those things in game.Giving a set group of people a free month when they have done NOTHING more to deserve it than anyone else who has and is paying the same sub amount is a boneheaded move plain and simple.

Since the majority of you lvl 50's say you don't care about the free month you should have no issue at all with BW pulling it and replacing it with a ingame item.

You've turned it into an "us vs them" argument. Why?

If they decided to gift people for being here since day one, I'd be included. If they decided to gift people for participating in general testing in beta, I'd be included. If they decided to gift people for having a bunch of alts, I'd be included.

I'm on whatever team they decide to gift here, so I've got no personal stake in trying to take something away from anyone.

I just don't understand why people can't be gracious enough to accept the gift they got and move on.

Edited by Dezzi

Why not go down that road that is what lvl 50's are telling the casual players.Oh your not lvl 50 yet even though you have paid the same amount of money as I have for your service your not worthy of the free 30 days due to the fact you played at your own pace and hadn't reached 50 yet.

Why not go down that road that is what lvl 50's are telling the casual players.Oh your not lvl 50 yet even though you have paid the same amount of money as I have for your service your not worthy of the free 30 days due to the fact you played at your own pace and hadn't reached 50 yet.

Who is saying that? BioWare certainly isn't.

Who are you mad at? BioWare for giving out a bone-headed gift, or players for getting said gift? I don't understand why you're mad at the 50s...

If your answer is the latter, your anger is extremely misplaced.

Edited by Dezzi

By the Gods, all the whining on this thread... where is the love? Bioware my sincere thanks for the free game time. To all the haters... man up and get over it, I am sure most of you will be over level 50 the next time they offer some freebies.... next year :D

Exactly.

Read the threads and count how often "it is your own fault for not getting to level 50", or a variant of it comes up.

Handing out praise ( in addition to a gift worth some money ) to a segment of the playerbase can not be justified by the playstyle of the players.

This is from the direct page @ http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion...

"As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, all active subscriber accounts with a Level 50 character as of April 12, 2012, 12:00 PM CDT, 5:00 PM GMT, will receive 30 days of game time** at no charge in appreciation for your support and loyalty."

I do see the exact words most valued players... and I do see support and loyalty....I don't see the quote for most active and valued high level players or the waiting patiently.

Anyway I know that I am just as active or more active than my brother who has a level 50 character and he made it to 50 just because he played fewer alts than I did. So us who have multiple friends playing on multiple servers are deemed not loyal or active. I do wish they would have told us that there was a deadline to hitting level 50 when the game came out. I would have rushed through and ignored all the content just to level if only I would have known they had a deadline.

Perhaps I should've been clear where I quoted it from. It's from the email sent out to players.

And regardless of that, I see where you're coming from. I just don't agree with the response to it. I don't care about the 30 day free time. It's irrelevant to the discussion. What is relevant is that people seem to be under the assumption that this was somehow done on purpose and/or that those players with characters at level 50 are perceived to be "more valuable" than those who doesn't.

Anyway it is the sole fault of a level 50 if they are boreded, because they leveled too fast. Lack of endgame contend is hardly a surprise to anyone who ever played an MMO and everybody who rushed to max level should have expected to run out of content.

It's not hard to hit level 50 I've done it three times... some have done it a lot more. Some have only done it once and didn't want to re-roll. It's easy and can be done with little effort over the course of four months even for a casual gamer. Anyone who hasn't experienced endgame content at this point is casual to the extreme or completely ocd about creating and deleting characters.

They're not doing it to retain subscribers. They're doing it to pad the numbers for the shareholders report. They know the ship is sinking, and instead of actually trying to fix it, they're telling the passengers everything is fine, just to remain in their cabins, while the captain and crew run for the lifeboats.

This has some merit. EA's year ended on March 31st and their annual report will be coming out during the first part of May. They have already banked their revenues for the 1st quarter so the freebies given in April won't hit until their next fiscal year.

When they have a meeting with the investor community in May the biggest question will be how many subscribers do you currently have in SWTOR since the 1.2 patch? Considering that annual revenue for EA last year was about $3.5 billion and based on their last conference call SWTOR's annual revenue should equate to $300+ million ($15/month x 12 months x 1.7 million subscribers from last report) it is a huge part of their business.

EA has spent a ton of money for infrastructure, programming, support and advertising on this game and it will have a huge effect the entire company if this game appears to be heading down the same path as Warhammer. The difference between SWTOR and that game is the amount of money invested and if it looks to be failing investors will crucify the stock which will cause some really tough questions from the board.

EA realizes all of this and are hoping to buy as much time as possible to fix the issues before the board tells them to make drastic changes to improve shareholder value. I hope they are successful because despite everything else, EA/Bioware make a lot of game I like and I want that to continue.

Edited by Jebei

Also people who say it's for the lack of WZ at 50 is silly. Most servers are PvE and as such not many people PvP seriously. They may do it here and there and I believe it is not enough to warrant a "I'm sorry free month". I mean I am on a PvE server and lvl 49 with rank 43 (not hard to get); more than most 50's I know on my server.

I hope their thinking was "you've been 50 and as end game is pretty weak, we're sorry." But the reality is that many people rerolled due to imbalanced classes, being casual players and so on. I've played since beta, have 7 characters all over 30, but not 1 level 50 and I am not a valued customer while my co worker is after only playing for 1.5 months and rushing to 50. A bit of a mistake in their thinking it seems...

The fact is those who leveled to level 50 and are on here calling the others whiners are saying that its their fault for their play style.

The fact is that I payed for a service that I'm not getting. Forget a month of free play and this loyalty vs non-loyalty and free pet nonsense. Give me a working product at peak times. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me a working game on the weekends or give me a refund.

Maintenance on Mondays or Fail Pies. It's your choice Bioware.

You've turned it into an "us vs them" argument. Why?

If they decided to gift people for being here since day one, I'd be included. If they decided to gift people for participating in general testing in beta, I'd be included. If they decided to gift people for having a bunch of alts, I'd be included.

I'm on whatever team they decide to gift here, so I've got no personal stake in trying to take something away from anyone.

I just don't understand why people can't be gracious enough to accept the gift they got and move on.

You really do not get it do you? I got no issue with free gifts or loyalty benifits or whatever you or BW wants to call it.I take issue when you reward a group of your players with a free monetary gift of a free month for doing NOTHING other than be up to 50.Casual players pay the same amount as a lvl 50 does,they paid for there game same as a lvl 50 did.Plain and simple myself and most others on here wanna be treated the same as all customers are and it shouldn't even have to be debated on here.If your gonna reward one group under the premise of loyalty and you ignore the other group who have played and paid the same as the other your setting yourself up for a PR sh**storm.

No other mmog companies have every done anything this stupid if they reward free time for there game it is ALWAYS there entire customer base.It really raises the bar in terms of PR stupidity in the mmo genre.

It's not so much about that, it's more of a your awesome and here you go, and your not **** you, oh your awesome here you go type thing.

THEY SHOULDA JUST WORDED IT BETTER!!!!

Here we are fighting amongst eachother about whining and complaining and you don't deserve it and i deserve it more. This is the kind of thing that tears mmo's to pieces underneath your feet BW. Make it right and just apologize. TO MAKE IT CLEAR NOONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THE 30 DAYS. CHARACTER. WE DEMAND AN APOLOGY.

Edited by Insane-Juggalo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.