Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

You chose not to take part in the end-game content because it was bad, yet you cry when they choose to show their appreciation to those that did, which directly enabled them to identify and fix problems?

So now you're playing martyr, suffering through 'crap' so those following in your wake can have a less buggy experience?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im not quitting...

but im definately taking a 30 day hiatus when my 6 month subscription is up.

hey, if im not "valued" enough to get those 30 free days just because i didnt devote my time to leveling one character to 50, then i guess Bioware wont get my money for a month.

sure its not much, but its about principles.

Glad to see I'm not the only non level 50 pretty narked off by this month of free-play reward thingy.

I got access on the beta, first-day access on the pre-launch game, subbed at the earliest opportunity, and have kept that sub going every month. Plus, I have logged in for at least half an hour pretty much every damn day. So why does a level 50 get a free month when I don't...?

Don't get me wrong folks, this isn't gonna make me quit, but I do think BW need to exercise a bit more fairness here, I mean, from what I've seen it's relatively easy to hit 50 in less than a month- So someone who pays 1 month, fee levels up quick gets a free month, while someone who's paid for 4 months, taken their time and is enjoying the game content gets nothing... Duh!

They should have worded it differently. Saying something like,

As a thanks for being level 50, here's 30 days.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012

• You must be a power leveler.

• you must not be loyal.

• you must not be a slow leveler.

• you must not create other alts.

• you must not dilly dally

• you must not play the game just get a lvl 50 toon and leave

In terms of bad warzones and class problems, this problem impacts everyone, regardless to level.

Level 10 onwards are in the same warzones as the level 40+, they've been dealing with the same bugs, class imbalances, dropped warzones and bugs that log them out for trying to join warzones the same as the level 50s.

Yes, the level 50s suffer more in terms of lack of further progression but the option is always there for them to make new characters and play through new content in the shape of class story lines..... nothing is forcing anyone to log into their level 50s and stand around fleet doing sod all and then in some peoples case looking at this thread apparently being more entitled to compensation for their entirely optional choices of doing sod all instead of doing something than any other player not at their level.

It's not like the level 1-50 path is smooth sailing either, there have been oddles of mission glitches that stop completion of missions and forcing people to reset and start the mission again, inability to find people to play with to do the extra available content apparently on offer that makes them less entitled then those that make the conscious choice to only stick to their level 50s... the lack of level brackets means those below level 50 have to put up with greater resourced characters in warzones who have countless more stuns, disrupts, DoTs and snares if they want to do any PvP at all.... the amount we have all had to put up with and accept is quite a long list, and it's something we all share.

To be fair every one has been pretty much equal in terms of the amount of crap we've had to put up with since the game hit retail.... the only difference is the endgame segment of the community is the one more blatantly obvious in terms of dealing with the crap because the game released with very little in that range so its just more off putting... but at the end of the day anyone who looked into the game before rushing to 50 would have known the score from the get go in the first place.

It's less that level 50s are 2nd rate citizens in terms of quality of their game I'd say, and more a question of people expecting to much to be added for the endgame content bracket in too short a time given the known poor state on release and when something got delayed Bioware went into panic mode and just went along with that expectation and threw the nearest thing they could find packaged in a nice ego stroke letter. :p

Edited by Tikigit

You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

That is what it looks like when you get the email. Nice to see, that you do not have to play around with codes ans such things.

They should have worded it differently. Saying something like,

As a thanks for being level 50, here's 30 days.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012

• You must be a power leveler.

• you must not be loyal.

• you must not be a slow leveler.

• you must not create other alts.

• you must not dilly dally

• you must not play the game just get a lvl 50 toon and leave

Actually, if they had worded it like this (without the lovely sarcastic addendums you added) there wouldnt have been as much of an uproar.

If it was simply "as a reward for having leveled a charater up to level 50 before patch 1.2 you have been awareded 30 days of free play time" not as many would be as outraged as they are now.

Sure, alot would still be for different reasons (stuff like "i didnt level to 50 because endgame sucks" and stuff like that) but the outrage wouldnt be as fierce as it is now.

I certainly wouldnt be here complaining, and i wouldnt have removed my credit card from the billing information either...

To be fair every has been pretty much equal in terms of the amount of crap we've had to put up with since the game hit retail.... the only difference is the endgame segment of the community is the one more blatantly obvious in terms of dealing with crap because the game released with very little in that range so its just more off putting.

To be fair, I rerolled on a heavy server 2 months ago (i had a 39 level on first server) and now my heavy server is single digit population during prime time

I bought a MMORPG,

How is my experience not also adversely effected OBVIOUSLY

Not trying to be rude but fact is, everyone puts up with bugs and gaming issues that effect their play, be it level 1 or level 50

The level 50s are no worse off asking for a group for 4 hours for a hm fp or op then a level 10 asking for 4 hours for a esseles group!

They all effected the same!

And all should be reimbursed the same if this free time about reward for putting up with issues!

Sorry but I reject completely you assumption!

The game is broken from start to finish in many areas.

Nice patch, but I'd like to add my voice to the others that says casual players may not have a level 50.

My other half and I have been subbed from day 1, but our highest level is 47 (we have multiple alts). It would have been nice to perhaps offer the free month to those who subbed in the first month of release and stayed subbed. They are the loyal players.

Otherwise, I really like the new UI editor and other improvements that have gone in. Thanks!

I feel cheated and slighted by Bioware.

I preordered the game. I have maintained a sub and have been actively playing and leveling my characters since December. Instead of leveling 1 character to 50 and then complaining on the forums for the past 2 months about lack of content, I instead leveled 8 characters.

All of my characters are above level 30. My highest is 43.

I am not a loyal customer worthy of getting free game time?

Who is loyal then? Oh, those guys who hit 50 in a month and have been the squeeky wheels on the forums since February, complaining about the lack of endgame content! I get it now. Those of us who try to avoid stagnation, get nothing, while those that burn the game up and complain about it endlessly get a bone.

Here is a chance Bioware. Drop the requirement for the level 50s getting free gametime and just consider giving it to anyone who has had an active sub SINCE the game launched!

totally agree...I am personally one of these kind of players also. And they are ruling out our style of game play....weak....purely weak BW.... They're just scared cause Guild Wars 2 is coming out. /lame :t_rolleyes:

To be fair, I rerolled on a heavy server 2 months ago (i had a 39 level on first server) and now my heavy server is single digit population during prime time

I bought a MMORPG,

How is my experience not also adversely effected OBVIOUSLY

Not trying to be rude but fact is, everyone puts up with bugs and gaming issues that effect their play, be it level 1 or level 50

The level 50s are no worse off asking for a group for 4 hours for a hm fp or op then a level 10 asking for 4 hours for a esseles group!

They all effected the same!

And all should be reimbursed the same if this free time about reward for putting up with issues!

Sorry but I reject completely you assumption!

The game is broken from start to finish in many areas.

That's exactly what I was saying Kalfear.... everyone has put up with the same amount of crap.

Level 50s are no exception, but they're also not the only ones... they're just easier to target, and Bioware I feel went into panic/knee jerk reaction mode when one thing in 1.2 didn't make the deadline, so they threw a ill-planned promotion aimed only at them and used the first thing they could find... free game time.

Perhaps if so many hadn't already bought white crystals they would have just mailed all level 50 characters one of those instead... but that wouldn't have gone down well considering how many people would be calling foul play and demanding their 1mil+ credits back. :D

Edited by Tikigit

Lets face it, the people with level 50 characters actually will quit and leave, so a 30 day pass might sway their mind.

The players who play 8 alts all around level 30 or 40 (the whiners in this thread) will never leave and will play for years to come. :)

Don't be so sure of that. I didn't push to level to 50 because, having played many new release MMOs, I knew that there would be issues at level-cap. So instead of heading straight to 50, I took my time to avoid be yet another level-cap person moaning about new release level-cap issues.

Now...I play MMOs for fun, when it stops being fun or I see no point in continuing, I leave. If I have lots of alts (and I always do) I leave 'em where they sit.

And please, please stop calling people who are different or have differing viewpoints from yours "whiners". It's rude, it accomplishes nothing save to start a fight and it's not necessary at all.

Thanks.

Found this in my inbox:

"Dear paying subscriber! You are being rewarded for having posted in the most epic thread ever while also not having a level 50 character even though you´ve been an continuosly paying active player since pre-launch release. Your reward is the rather cute Tantrum vanity pet!"

See BW, I´ve given you a way out of this mess :D

I see alot of topics, writing about players think people are liars if they arent lvl 50 by now if they have been here since launch.

I want to say!

I'm a liar cause of having lovely kid with autism and diabetes - age of 5 now - diabetes since he was 1, and lovely girl 3,5. They are the best! Of course I could have been lvl 50, I saw no point as I cant group with my conditions at home. And being 50 is endgame only sort as in all games.

Did I see myself a lesser customer cause of it? No! I love my life and they are worth it. Real life is always better.

Could BW have phrased it better, YES!

I have been there since beta, early play and during the time since then. I am a loyal customer ignoring the fact i dont group, but i enjoy, chat and have fun.

Think before saying things like this, you dont know nothing about people and how they play, live.

Thanks for me!

Found this in my inbox:

"Dear paying subscriber! You are being rewarded for having posted in the most epic thread ever while also not having a level 50 character even though you´ve been an continuosly paying active player since pre-launch release. Your reward is the rather cute Tantrum vanity pet!"

See BW, I´ve given you a way out of this mess :D

actually i wouldnt mind a tantrum vanity pet :D

Well, about this free month.

This is how I sum the whole thing up:

You guys who arent level 50 yet dont lack anything*.

The 50's have a severe case of lack of content pre 1.2. BW knows that.

You who is still leveling got your content becouse, well you are leveling, so you dont need any carrot to keep you ingame. I for one would never quit this game untill I've seen the endgame, and therefor play until i hit 50.

BW now have to prove to the 50's that the game is better, and how are they going to do that?

Give them a free month to play ofc!

Now they have a whole month the get feedback and people will play becouse its free!

So I'am seeing what they did here, tho I dont say its right.

And the thing about the pet, well it wouldent be very unique if everyone got it right?

(*ofc we lack things but you'll get the drift)

Well, about this free month.

This is how I sum the whole thing up:

You guys who arent level 50 yet dont lack anything*.

The 50's have a severe case of lack of content pre 1.2. BW knows that.

You who is still leveling got your content becouse, well you are leveling, so you dont need any carrot to keep you ingame. I for one would never quit this game untill I've seen the endgame, and therefor play until i hit 50.

BW now have to prove to the 50's that the game is better, and how are they going to do that?

Give them a free month to play ofc!

Now they have a whole month the get feedback and people will play becouse its free!

So I'am seeing what they did here, tho I dont say its right.

And the thing about the pet, well it wouldent be very unique if everyone got it right?

(*ofc we lack things but you'll get the drift)

We all know why they did it...

what we dont like is how they did it... they just took a big dump on a large portion of their loyal customers by more or less stating that people who have lvl 50 characters are more important than people who have played from the start but dont have lvl 50 characters.

I see alot of topics, writing about players think people are liars if they arent lvl 50 by now if they have been here since launch.

I want to say!

I'm a liar cause of having lovely kid with autism and diabetes - age of 5 now - diabetes since he was 1, and lovely girl 3,5. They are the best! Of course I could have been lvl 50, I saw no point as I cant group with my conditions at home. And being 50 is endgame only sort as in all games.

Did I see myself a lesser customer cause of it? No! I love my life and they are worth it. Real life is always better.

Could BW have phrased it better, YES!

I have been there since beta, early play and during the time since then. I am a loyal customer ignoring the fact i dont group, but i enjoy, chat and have fun.

Think before saying things like this, you dont know nothing about people and how they play, live.

Thanks for me!

I <3 you!

Might as well-they're not valued customers anyway, right?

Yes they are valued. You people need to grow up and stop taking everything so personally.

The aim of an MMO ultimately is to get to 50 (or respective top level). End of story. If you enjoy the game in another way, good for you. But here in this case people are getting rewarded for achieving the first big milestone of an MMO, getting top level and experiencing the full content of the game. Maybe next time they won't have 4 level 25s, and will contribute to the wider gaming community by grouping with the majority of players. Nuff said.