Why would you do that to Medpacks?

Trenchfeeder

Well, something needs to change. I don't know if they upped enemy damage or what but as of right now I'm getting slaughtered on Taris, in the same areas I was in yesterday and not ever coming near 50% health.

I agree with you. I was on my Jedi Guardian and was in a group of 3 with a commando and a sentinel on Taris trying to do the heroic 4 mission Total Elimination and we tried it 6 times and the guards out side the green door was yellow stared and white stared and we could not do it lol we got totally crushed.

I am not sure what the deal is but no more soloing because a group of 3 cant do it i know soloing it wont help either.

Bioware made a game less enjoyable and less fun when a level 18 kills a level 23 im about 10 to 15 seconds and the heals would not work period. The lag issue did not make the situation any better. All in all the update did have a lot of great stuff in it

I think it's pretty obvious.

Because without it they have to balance gameplay around every player being able to pop a medpack every time they go off cooldown.

Which would in turn mean that you basically have to be biochem with reuseable medpacks in order to (successfully) play the game.

(personally, I've always sort of been of the opinion that actually having health/mana pots in an RPG (especially an MMO one) is sort of a bad design decision in the first place)

Ha I can see the OP now running in circles waiting for the CD to be done whilst being chased by mobs.

Honestly though...youre terrible at the game if you cant find a way to solo content on your level. I dont say that to be nasty, but thats how it is. Maybe if you wait for quests to turn green it will be more on your level.

They gave a reason for the single medpac in a fight, if that's what you are complaining about. They need to restrict the medpac so that they could script the fights better. Allowing multiple heals by medpac presents unknown variable into the fight equation. With the restriction they have a known quantity and can create tighter fights.

These assumptions are made on the premise that all players are of equal skill! Great way to conform to World of Warcraft :mad:

This is a stupid idea! Change it back

dude, they had a 90 sec CD before, are you telling us you don't kill a group of normal mobs faster then that so you could use it twice before the update? I don't get it...

I think you need to look at it this way some of us are not hard core players and some are. I think by the sound of things you are a hard core player.

I believe now that Bioware has dropped the ball on this one with the med pack issue. I believe all med packs should have a 35 to 40 second cool down now since bioware made the game harder to do missions and with a unlimited use while in combat.

I think it's pretty obvious.

Because without it they have to balance gameplay around every player being able to pop a medpack every time they go off cooldown.

Which would in turn mean that you basically have to be biochem with reuseable medpacks in order to (successfully) play the game.

(personally, I've always sort of been of the opinion that actually having health/mana pots in an RPG (especially an MMO one) is sort of a bad design decision in the first place)

Total utter BS. Resusable is not an advantage when a player could just as easily have multiple stacks of 20 of the med pack of their choice.

BW = Lazy and not smart. Coding is too hard for them.

Also, this change gives cloakers a huge advantage in PVP since they can get out of combat at will. Bet no one at BW was smart enough to figure that out.

My sub is up on the 20th and not renewing. Voting with my wallet.

Total utter BS. Resusable is not an advantage when a player could just as easily have multiple stacks of 20 of the med pack of their choice.

BW = Lazy and not smart. Coding is too hard for them.

Also, this change gives cloakers a huge advantage in PVP since they can get out of combat at will. Bet no one at BW was smart enough to figure that out.

My sub is up on the 20th and not renewing. Voting with my wallet.

instead of screaming, explain what the issue with the medpac is, im still confused as hell. Did they increase the cool down timer?

Bioware seems to have a bad habbit recently of screwing things up cough cough me3 ending and now they nerf the med pacs in this which as i am not the most skilled or hardcore player I used several on occasions to help me progress in missions. Why did they change this is lunacy on thier part. Plz if you have any sense change the damn thing back ASAP. :mad:

instead of screaming, explain what the issue with the medpac is, im still confused as hell. Did they increase the cool down timer?

Not screaming.

Med paks can only be used once in combat.

IE, you fire it, you cannot use it again until you get out of combat.

Im wondering, what are you people trying to kill that is so hard that you need more then 1 medpack?

Do you use your companion or try to kill everything on your own?

Do you use highest level medpack for you?

Im not trying to be mean, I just wonder since I solo this game with my companion and I never have had this kind of problem. To be honest, I rarely use Medpacks. And no, I dont have healer companion with me all the time. Just wondering...

Im wondering, what are you people trying to kill that is so hard that you need more then 1 medpack?

Do you use your companion or try to kill everything on your own?

Do you use highest level medpack for you?

Im not trying to be mean, I just wonder since I solo this game with my companion and I never have had this kind of problem. To be honest, I rarely use Medpacks. And no, I dont have healer companion with me all the time. Just wondering...

It is not just PVE, it is also PVP.

There are times when you cannot get out of combat and the CD will recycle.

Nothing about med packs was game breaking when they heal for at most 4k every 1.5 mins.

Not like ops groups are running HM FPs with no healers and only med packs.

Also, what about the fact that a cloaker in PVP can now get out of combat to fire a med pak twice in less than 90 seconds? So BW is supposidly smart enough to script a PVE fight and not smart enough to recognize the advantage to cloakers? Yeah right.

BW = not smart.

Not screaming.

Med paks can only be used once in combat.

IE, you fire it, you cannot use it again until you get out of combat.

hmm that is indeed problematic. I use multiple medpacs during boss fights in pve hard mode flashpoints sometimes, if i need it.

I think you need to look at it this way some of us are not hard core players and some are. I think by the sound of things you are a hard core player.

I believe now that Bioware has dropped the ball on this one with the med pack issue. I believe all med packs should have a 35 to 40 second cool down now since bioware made the game harder to do missions and with a unlimited use while in combat.

This being my first MMO, on my first character, I never had to use more than one medpack for any kind of PvE fight throughout the entire story. The only way a fight would even last that long is if you'd purposely spammed the default attack, had crappy gear, no companion, or a combination of the three.

For all of you guys complaining, this is a L2P issue I'd say, at least on the PvE aspect.

This being my first MMO, on my first character, I never had to use more than one medpack for any kind of PvE fight throughout the entire story. The only way a fight would even last that long is if you'd purposely spammed the default attack, had crappy gear, no companion, or a combination of the three.

For all of you guys complaining, this is a L2P issue I'd say, at least on the PvE aspect.

For classes that have heals as part of their profession, I might mostly agree.

For classes that have no self heals, not an accurate statement.

Also, what about the fact that a cloaker in PVP can now get out of combat to fire a med pak twice in less than 90 seconds?

What??

Cloaker in PVP can use 2 medpacks in less the 90 seconds?

Dont they have same cooldown as others?

How long does a fight take in PVP? I doubt its 1v1 every time, but lets say it is. Then you need to be doing same or more damage then the enemy. If your not, then odds are no matter if you use 1 or 100 medpacks. You are still the one dying, because your enemy is doing more damage and can use medpacks like you. If you do same damage, then its all about when you use the medpack. If you do more damage. Guess how much you would be screaming because the enemy is using medpack after medpack and you cant kill him.

This same apply to PVE, if your doing same amount of damage as the emeny you will be fine with 1 medpack. If you are doing more, you probably dont need the medpack. If you cant get him to 50% before your at 20% then odds are you need better gear.

And I thought that mmo players were resourceful... Come on guys! We can adapt! They can throw at us anything and we'll prevail! That's just one more challenge to overcome! In fact, Bioware, make this game even more harder! :jawa_evil:

And I thought that mmo players were resourceful... Come on guys! We can adapt! They can throw at us anything and we'll prevail! That's just one more challenge to overcome! In fact, Bioware, make this game even more harder! :jawa_evil:

+1 ;)

What??

Cloaker in PVP can use 2 medpacks in less the 90 seconds?

Dont they have same cooldown as others?

How long does a fight take in PVP? I doubt its 1v1 every time, but lets say it is. Then you need to be doing same or more damage then the enemy. If your not, then odds are no matter if you use 1 or 100 medpacks. You are still the one dying, because your enemy is doing more damage and can use medpacks like you. If you do same damage, then its all about when you use the medpack. If you do more damage. Guess how much you would be screaming because the enemy is using medpack after medpack and you cant kill him.

This same apply to PVE, if your doing same amount of damage as the emeny you will be fine with 1 medpack. If you are doing more, you probably dont need the medpack. If you cant get him to 50% before your at 20% then odds are you need better gear.

In PVP, there is nothing to stop a cloaker from cloaking out of combat to fire a med pack after it was already used in combat. IE, claoking out of combat resets the med packs CD allowing a cloaker to use the med pack twice or more in a fight.

Not really applicalbe to PVE unless in a group, IE, in 1 v 1 PVE, cloaking out of combat resets the NPC to full health. This full health reset does not apply in PVP.

In PVP, there is nothing to stop a cloaker from cloaking out of combat to fire a med pack after it was already used in combat. IE, claoking out of combat resets the med packs CD allowing a cloaker to use the med pack twice or more in a fight.

Not really applicalbe to PVE unless in a group, IE, in 1 v 1 PVE, cloaking out of combat resets the NPC to full health. This full health reset does not apply in PVP.

Then that has to be a PVP only skill, since my assassin never resets the medpack CD when I cloak out of combat. But, I´ll test if your claim is true or if you are passing fiction as fact.

I have to constantly run around in a 2 man group now to do regular quests?

vs.

Most fights don't last more than 2 minutes to begin with, unless it's an elite or champ.

I find your lack of consistency disturbing.

Then that has to be a PVP only skill, since my assassin never resets the medpack CD when I cloak out of combat. But, I´ll test if your claim is true or if you are passing fiction as fact.

He's claiming that this will reset the combat state, so that you can technically use more than one medpack per fight (provided the fight continues after you cloak); this is plausible. It shouldn't however have any impact on the 90s cooldown, regardless.

As a healer sage i would like to add:

There is no way that popping a medpac every 90 seconds was overpowered.

It was nice to know that guys could pop them more than once (in the very rare situation) in a champion fight in a hard mode flashpoint (which we are just going through in our static 4 man group)

The cloaking thing if true is truly stupid....also, theer are times when youare basically in combat for at least 4-5 minutes in a pvp - if you cannot pop another medpac just to top up but others can (cloakers) that would be pretty imbalanced - not that i didnt hate them before anyway....