Thank You, but Moving On.

Draeb

This is what I needed to fully disengage myself from this game. I mean it was close. I was almost completely hooked but, now I think it's safe to say I can move on.

Good luck with your game BW and thanks for the fun times.

Reason: The game just didn't provide enough of a hook.

Pros -

Great leveling experience and engaging stories and voice acting.

Interesting "future" possibilities for the legacy system.

Fun pvp.

Manageable gear grinding.

Lvl 1 Sprint unlock.

Companion interactions truly achieves sense of companionship. As in some of them I truly care for and wish to know more about them.

Nar Shaddaa

Sound design and music score.

Some of the Imperial gear looks really cool. (Snipers and Juggernauts)

Cons -

Redundant pvp matches, i.e. too much Huttball.

Not enough attention to pvp.

Gear styles look horrible. Republic side mainly (Smugglers dusters don't feel at all like Star Wars, too many dresses for male force sensitive classes Imperial included).

Lack of customization.

Perks to crafting came way too late.

Legacy system perks are not worthy of my time.

No way to gain social points for pvp'rs.

LFG options seem limited. Takes forever to find a group.

Level design provides no excitement in interacting with opposing faction players.

Mind numbingly slow speeders that give a false sense of the vastness of the different worlds.

Hoth. (Cool for the first two hours only for nostalgia reasons).

Lack of unique races. No Wookies. No Rodians. Etc...

Game is too cookie cutter and really feels lifeless in terms of uniqueness. It's a game of clones and instantly becomes disengaging.

No real sense of a community.

I hope this provides some kind of useful information in order to help with the future of the game.

As for me, I'm moving on.

Thank you.

/unsubscribed

Edited by Draeb

Your waaambulance waits my Lord.

Staying subbed would mean I cared. Whining would mean I cared. Even though I don't care, I still leave feedback of my experience. I enjoyed my 4 months of playing. I don't think I'll enjoy anymore beyond that though and I think the Developers deserve to hear why I feel that way.

Edited by Draeb

Plus this isn't me being angry. I'm not. I've played too many MMOs and I knew what I was getting into. I feel a lot of them are worth checking out. It's just not all of them are worth going the distance and these reasons are why I feel it's not worth my time.

It's not a bad game. There's some fun to be had for sure. I'm just not interested anymore. And it's not because of 1.2, I felt this way before hand. I just needed to be sure before giving up entirely.

If you weren't meaning to call for a wahmbulance you could simply have given the very same feedback in the questionnaire when unsubbing. :eek: And I know there is one, because I unsubbed a little while back in frustration.

I had paid for addl months, which is why I decided to take another look after 1.2 dropped, and there are enough improvements that will effect my gameplay to make me reconsider.

I hope you find a game more suited to you, and next time a little less diva self-indulgence in saying goodbye. You don't carry it off. :rolleyes:

Plus this isn't me being angry. I'm not. I've played too many MMOs and I knew what I was getting into. I feel a lot of them are worth checking out. It's just not all of them are worth going the distance and these reasons are why I feel it's not worth my time.

It's not a bad game. There's some fun to be had for sure. I'm just not interested anymore. And it's not because of 1.2, I felt this way before hand. I just needed to be sure before giving up entirely.

Posting multiple times in a thread you created indicates you do care.

If you weren't meaning to call for a wahmbulance you could simply have given the very same feedback in the questionnaire when unsubbing. :eek: And I know there is one, because I unsubbed a little while back in frustration.

I had paid for addl months, which is why I decided to take another look after 1.2 dropped, and there are enough improvements that will effect my gameplay to make me reconsider.

I hope you find a game more suited to you, and next time a little less diva self-indulgence in saying goodbye. You don't carry it off. :rolleyes:

A goodbye thread isn't complete until the smug and pretentious types start flocking in. Great to have you complete the circle.

It's typical for MMOs and after every new MMO people never fail to uphold the traditions.

Can't wait to do this again. :D

A goodbye thread isn't complete until the smug and pretentious types start flocking in. Great to have you complete the circle.

My real question is, if you aren't smug, why make the thread in the first place? By this point, trolling is the only real response to goodbye threads, because they are just so dang repetitive...

Posting multiple times in a thread you created indicates you do care.

No. It doesn't show that I care about the game. Because caring about the game would mean I'll be watching youtube vids or even playing the game.

By responding to people in this thread only means I care about what I've said and that is the truth. Nothing said here has been a lie.

OP: Where will you be stashing your gear and credits, since you won't be needing them?

Sorry. I'm one of those rich mofos who desire to be buried with all their belongings. Shame too, I remember when I played SWG I had an incredibly rare AT-AT after the NGE. I could've given that away easily too. :D

It's typical for MMOs and after every new MMO people never fail to uphold the traditions.

Can't wait to do this again. :D

That's so CUTE!!! :p

Cn a brighter note for those who started SWG back in 2003, the EMU is going into Alpha testing. YAY!!!!! A sandbox, no jedi handed out willie nillie, houses to decorate, items to craft, chars to tweak without the dumb talent trees that have been forced on us.

My real question is, if you aren't smug, why make the thread in the first place? By this point, trolling is the only real response to goodbye threads, because they are just so dang repetitive...

you could consider feedback in general being repetitive. But not true. Each person has their own reasons to quit or to play. Since it's a bigger deal to quit than to play, people become more vocal when they don't like things.

I've provided feedback for a lot of things I've purchased. I'm one of those types and I don't do it in a disrespectful manner.

I've provided feedback for a lot of things I've purchased.

Do you often provide said feedback to other customers in hopes of garnering a bit focus on yourself and your gripes about a $15/month entertainment product?

Seriously, this isn't a ceiling fan or a new dishwasher. It's a computer game, and frankly, no one gives a crap why you unsubbed. Yours is the 1,364th thread like this today, and we've heard it all before.

Basically, you are quitting a vanilla game because it doesn't meet your requirements for good time having.

Thanks for dropping by, champ.

Edited by Blistrich

Do you often provide said feedback to other customers in hopes of garnering a bit focus on yourself and your gripes about a $15/month entertainment product?

Seriously, this isn't a ceiling fan or a new dishwasher. It's a computer game, and frankly, no one gives a crap why you unsubbed. Yours is the 1,364th thread like this today, and we've heard it all before.

Basically, you are quitting a vanilla game because it doesn't meet your requirements for good time having.

Thanks for dropping by, champ.

I don't see why people can't be mature or hold some form of dignity in posting in a "I'm leaving thread".

Listen, it's not uncommon to provide feedback. Companies want it. What they don't want is nonconstructive criticism for their hard work. And they don't want a thread that's filled with smug and pretentious unwitty comments as well. But you can do whatever you want, so by all means keep feeding that beast. Find out where that takes ya.

People will ask those who have had experience with the game what they liked and didn't like and I will gladly tell them the highs and lows just like I just did. People google this stuff ya know.

And apparently you didn't read my post because you would've read the pros which made the game fun. I had a blast playing the game. It's just come to an end. No need to get all defensive.

Edited by Draeb

Not tryna be a douche, just tired of all the whining threads.

I think there's a key difference of tones in the constructive threads from the whining nonconstructive ones.

Edited by Draeb

It's just come to an end.

And again... no one from BW will read this. No one. It will not be passed up the chain. It will not be scrutinized or reviewed. It will not be analyzed. And frankly, just drop the "constructive" thing, because in the end, it's an "I'm quitting" thread, and no one cares. No one. At all. Even those leaving with you.

There is nothing constructive about leaving a vanilla game in 1.2 state (lol), because if you were half as mature as you are pretending to be, you'd just play less or not at all until a new patch with new features or an expansion comes out. This sort of "be all, end all, and that's why I'm leaving" crap is about as constructive as herpes.

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.