Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

I'm having the same problem now, cause i have the jerky now, but only one, and don't want to waste it...just wondering cause:

The cather stuff (from alderrand) says that it's used by technician of spaceports...and all we know from patch note , is to look in Hoth - there is only one spaceport for each faction so...

-after while searching in Hoth, there where pretty much spaces where you got a debuff where the jerky could be very usefull for the regen - but yes, i'm still wondering myself : where would it be the most right place to use the jerky (if needed...)....

Nothing new from you all folks?:rolleyes:

theres no imp spaceport. there dorn base and a space station. idk about the pub side. but just something i noticed, especially cause they made the change where you can ride speeders in spaceports.

Edited by Cirethered

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the same problem now, cause i have the jerky now, but only one, and don't want to waste it...just wondering cause:

The cather stuff (from alderrand) says that it's used by technician of spaceports...and all we know from patch note , is to look in Hoth - there is only one spaceport for each faction so...

-after while searching in Hoth, there where pretty much spaces where you got a debuff where the jerky could be very usefull for the regen - but yes, i'm still wondering myself : where would it be the most right place to use the jerky (if needed...)....

Nothing new from you all folks?:rolleyes:

I wish they could at least tell us whether we need to take the jerky for the buff or if it's used to put in something to lure out tauntlet. I hate holding onto the jerky knowing I might need the buff but afraid to take it if I don't need the buff.

theres no imp spaceport. there dorn base and a space station. idk about the pub side. but just something i noticed, especially cause they made the change where you can ride speeders in spaceports.

No inside, but outside , where the jerky could be very usefull, in the moutains back of the spaceports..but i'm quite lost and repeating myself...:(

What if the jerky is not for us to eat at all? What if the jerky is used in the NSCCS to catch the young Taun? I mean who needs an out of combat health regent boost??

I think the jerky is used to lure the baby taun into a trap somewhere near where technicians are at or near a Spaceport. Basically, I don't think we eat it at all.

I wish they could at least tell us whether we need to take the jerky for the buff or if it's used to put in something to lure out tauntlet. I hate holding onto the jerky knowing I might need the buff but afraid to take it if I don't need the buff.

It was my understanding from the patch notes that biochems could reverse engineer the jerky to get the schematic. This would solve the "only one chance" issue, as livers and ferns are apparently not so difficult to come by in relative comparison.

What if the jerky is not for us to eat at all? What if the jerky is used in the NSCCS to catch the young Taun? I mean who needs an out of combat health regent boost??

I think the jerky is used to lure the baby taun into a trap somewhere near where technicians are at or near a Spaceport. Basically, I don't think we eat it at all.

But how? you cannot "put" the jerky in the NSCCS (thanks for the right name^^)...

It was my understanding from the patch notes that biochems could reverse engineer the jerky to get the schematic. This would solve the "only one chance" issue, as livers and ferns are apparently not so difficult to come by in relative comparison.

:eek:got only one liver in 2 days of farming the wampa cave...this is difficult, i know : i had no luck...but still, this doesn't drop that easely^^...:o

How? Maybe u click on the baby taun when u see it and then right click the jerky? I dunno? Through the descriptions I just have a feeling that the jerky is used for bait for the trap.

There's no baby alive tauntaun known on Hoth by now...only 3 dead ones...

There are 9ish dead ones (taun tauns) near Gargaths grounds with ice cats surrounding them all. Even 3 or 4 dead ones in a group, like a pack. I camped for hours but couldn't figure anything out. I think the right place to use the trap, and then the jerky is used to lure the baby in.

There are 9ish dead ones (taun tauns) near Gargaths grounds with ice cats surrounding them all. Even 3 or 4 dead ones in a group, like a pack. I camped for hours but couldn't figure anything out. I think the right place to use the trap, and then the jerky is used to lure the baby in.

Hmm are coordinates for these corps marked somewhere in this thread? could try to use my one and only one jerky there...

If we all sit around waiting for others to use their jerky we will get no where...just use it. Who knows u might be the one to find the tauntaun

I would like just the coordinates of this multi bodies of dead babies, place if possible...cause haven't seen it^^....thanks!:)

I'm glad I'm not the only one whos been confused at the lack of information of this pet that was supposedly added. I spent 90% of the PTR time trying to figure out what way it possibly can be found.

When I first read about it, I thought since the majority of tauntauns are green with only a few in some places being yellow, that getting them from tauntauns themselves wouldn't be possible. But yeah.

When the CE tauntaun pet showed up, I was all "eh, hope thats not the only one."

Then the legacy one showed up and I worried they took out the Tauntaun you can aquire out for now.

But they left it in the patch notes with not even a hint to start.

Then again the Orobird eggs were pretty much no information as well.

Since torhead lists like 4 rackghoul pets (assumed they dropped in new operation). And then this event showed up I just generally doubt anything I find on the databases anymore.

Agh, this game hasn't been out long but swear no database seems to have a lot of information about anything still. D:

/endramble

Good luck to anyone figuring this out though.

Edited by Katreyn

Just a foilow up from my testing.

I have used FOUR jerkies so far (and maintained one in my inventory) and have went to every single coord located in this entire thread, on both Hoth and Ilum.

Nothing has triggered.

In addition, I have uncovered the entire map of Hoth, spent 10+ hours wandering around looking for probable places, and found 6 ways to get outside of the map and fall to my death. Found nothing related to the pet. Found no tauntaun babies.

The only place I have yet to check, because no one posted Coords for it, is where the two young Wampas are that spawns the larger wampa. If someone could point out where this is, I can check it once I find another liver.

In addition, I highly doubt the random 1-2 dead tauntaun groups that are plentiful and scattered all across the planet, are worth checking. There are way to many of them (I have checked a lot, including all the ones at Gargath) for it to be feasible for someone to check them all/find them all.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whos been confused at the lack of information of this pet that was supposedly added. I spent 90% of the PTR time trying to figure out what way it possibly can be found.

When I first read about it, I thought since the majority of tauntauns are green with only a few in some places being yellow, that getting them from tauntauns themselves wouldn't be possible. But yeah.

When the CE tauntaun pet showed up, I was all "eh, hope thats not the only one."

Then the legacy one showed up and I worried they took out the Tauntaun you can aquire out for now.

But they left it in the patch notes with not even a hint to start.

Then again the Orobird eggs were pretty much no information as well.

Since torhead lists like 4 rackghoul pets (assumed they dropped in new operation). And then this event showed up I just generally doubt anything I find on the databases anymore.

Agh, this game hasn't been out long but swear no database seems to have a lot of information about anything still. D:

/endramble

Good luck to anyone figuring this out though.

I'm french, so i quite read your lines the wrong way...could you be more clear please, don't confuse me more than i already am , please^^

On the schematic for the jerky it reads "Unique in smell and texture, not even a tauntaun could resist a flavor of this magnitude"

this HAS to be for the pet.

Finally got it to drop from snowblind just now.

I'm also starting to wonder if you have to wait for a random world event (unannounced) and then use it. Like a specific spot, baby's will run amok for a minute and you have to chase them and use the gadget on them. But even then I feel like someone would have found it by now.

I want to help, but I don't know what to try differently than everyone. :-/

Just burned a jerky.

With jerky in inventory and buff on I checked:

-All tauntaun corpses near Gargath's watch

-Lost tauntauns near icehang loop

-Lost tauntauns and tauntaun corpses north of highmount ridge

-Lost tauntaun on highmount ridge

-Killed Legendary wampa

-Killed new wampa near chest on highmount

Got zero results from any of these locations. :\ perhaps its in a heroic quest? But Im almost certain it is NOT in starship graveyard.

I Imagine what were looking for is a small cave or crag with a tauntaun corpse and wampa/icefang. Kill the baddy, scent draws out frightened tauntaun, Apply Nvsccs. Complete. <-Just a theory