Star Wars and Science

Drakeclaw

Since we are getting an expanded story about Star Wars, you can safely say that Star Wars is bigger than G.L. With this game (and the Star Wars RPGs), you can probably say that the Star Wars SAGA is bigger than G.L.'s ego.

Poor guy, make a mash box office hit -- then comes fame and hits him in the gut and he has to build an overinflated ego to compensate. G.L. just can't take fame.

Anyway, how do you feel about the science of Star Wars? I love the story, I mean I too fantasized on how cool it would be if I was Luke. This game allows me to play out that fantasy. However, I think some people take it too seriously, the whole story was made up as it went along out of whole cloth. Especially with Jedi-ism as a real religion, it's about as bad as the Church of Joe.

Star Wars has brought awareness of these little scientific facts:

--- Orgone Energy. Doctor Wilhelm Riech, who was a Communist and Nazi, discovered Orgone while investigating Animal Attraction and the Libido. Orgone Energy itself is described by the doctor as the creative force in nature. Whether or not you think the story is purely a figment of imagination doesn't dispel the fact which this video provides.

"

"

Also, read this paper by Charles R. Kelly, PhD. There is a lot of research that went into Orgone Energy and it's applications.

--- The Law of Attraction. The Law of Attraction is easy to understand, but it's demonstrated subtly in the movies. Quite simply, you can have anything, do anything, and be anything thanks to this law. I've come to interpret this as: "We are all Jedi or Sith, and we choose which we want to be." when I was hearing about it. Star Wars has impacted my life so much that I understand the Law of Cause and Effect through the movies. There are thousands of self improvement websites on this little law. If you are Christian, it's stated simply in the Bible and other sources. Every religion in the World teaches this law in some form or another.

So, do anyone have any thing to add? If you are asking about lightsabers, there is nothing stopping them from existing. We just don't have the technology simply because we don't understand how they work. Star Wars tech is way above us, almost SuperScience (Star Trek surpasses Star Wars in their SuperScience).

(Star Trek surpasses Star Wars in their SuperScience).

Star Wars isn't Sci-Fi; it's Sci-Fantasy. As such, it should not be compared to Star Trek.

Also, the many-worlds interprettation of quantum mechanics doesn't imply that any fiction is real and true, only that anything allowed by the laws of physics is.

I saw "Star Wars" and "Science" in the same sentence and had to come in here for the show. :)

So did I :), but it looks like people are bored with this kind of thread and have just ignored it lol

I even made a coffee for the show.