Sage/Sorcerer healers in PVP

Jenrais

I just got the chance to go to a couple warzones. I'd like to think of myself as at least a moderate to skilled healer..

I just have to say that. The consumption isn't that bad.

But DI taking half a year(Exaggerating) to cast. And Dark heal not producing the amount DI does.

We are pretty screwed.

To those who are about to say L2P lol failure. Go play the class right now as a healer and tell me we aren't pretty bad in pvp right now.

I just feel like. We aren't that hurt. But with DI being on a long cooldown we won't be able to keep people up fast enough against a competent team.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's better than watching you heal through 3 dps players going to town on you and watching you lolheal through it.

Please, that's a lie and you know it. Sorcerer healers cannot heal through the damage from one DPS that is focusing them, that's why we have so many abilities that help us run away.

Please, that's a lie and you know it. Sorcerer healers cannot heal through the damage from one DPS that is focusing them, that's why we have so many abilities that help us run away.

Usually if it seems like they're healing through that much DPS they have someone else healing them.

You can have more than 1 healer in a WZ. And if your team doesn't identify them all and keep them busy this can happen.

BW screwed up and don't care, 6k+ posts and they don't care with there snub attitude to the community to respond!

***Oh by the way BW you know that BUG/GLITCH with Conveyance/Force Bending that you supposedly fixed by taking out double dip? Guess what... You can Channel Heal & grab 1 Crit Heal from Benevolance or Dark Heal all at the same time "still". Some fix xD...***

Seer/Corruption Spec is effectively broken to players who are casual players, regular and even PRO! Almost too much hassle to be fun to play any longer till the next big change arrives.

Thanks for reading :cool:

I noticed people (including myself) are dying a lot easier now. :p Good change.

How is dying more often fun? You like respawning over and over? Does that seem like real combat to you?

If I want a 2 second kill, I would buy Call of Duty. Faster death=stupid in my opinion. But perhaps the 12 year olds need the constant change to keep focused?

Bioware, your a baddy.

I can't understand why they would do this to you guys.. it's just blatant griefing. Bioware just told all Sage and Sorceror healers to get out of PvP; many of the ones I know are quitting.

What gives?

Bad DPSers are doing some real damage to me now. I was okay when GOOD players could burn me down, but now everyone, regardless of skill, can out-DPS my heals. I did manage to heal 450k in a huttball today, but I'm sure 50% of those heals were on myself, hiding in a corner. I've been pretty supportive of Bioware so far, but 1.2 PVP is a pretty big mess. There are many unhappy players. Ranked warzones are out (for now), and then we learn that we need ~77,000 warzone commendations to pick up our war hero gear! If I lose and get 30 commendations, win and get 90 (we'll say an average warzone gives 60), I'll need to run something like 1300 warzones to get my full set.

The thing that really gets me is that sage healers got nerfed, but in the same patch, PVP DPS was buffed. I think that pre-1.2 sage healing was wildly OP, but it's a little too difficult now, and not that much fun when I have to start kiting immediately. Smuggler healers, on the other hand, can kite to their heart's content.

I'm an operative healer and I can tell you due to the buffs to dps and the reduction on healing from expertise let alone any other class changes we are getting burst down pretty fast. The Smugglers and Troopers out there this morning were not having that much trouble putting me back in the start location.

If I wanted to slap one class right now though it would be the Jedi shadows, insane... I'll leave it at that!

Its amusing how the op have fallen and how you'r calling for a boycott (i lold hard) it seems if you argument is "well im a healer and a single dps manage to kill me" then its working as intended quite you'r QQing Ops/sc has been nerfed to oblivion yet they still play learn from it now since the JC/SI is the most played class im sitting back in m chair with popcorn waiting for the Hate mail please do not disappoint me :cool:

Its amusing how the op have fallen and how you'r calling for a boycott (i lold hard) it seems if you argument is "well im a healer and a single dps manage to kill me" then its working as intended quite you'r QQing Ops/sc has been nerfed to oblivion yet they still play learn from it now since the JC/SI is the most played class im sitting back in m chair with popcorn waiting for the Hate mail please do not disappoint me :cool:

Where... DID I say we should all boycott the class?

Also.

My server is pretty small so everyone knows who the good players on each side are.

Its not fun when they know your a healer so they all target you. Whats the point of healing if your dead in 5 seconds in the area?

It's better than watching you heal through 3 dps players going to town on you and watching you lolheal through it.

What? You got butthurt because you couldn't DPS through a heal or what?

After having spent the entire afternoon PvPing I can say the 0.9 delay on DI (not 1.8, I'm sure the double-1.3 cast was a bug) is hurting bad enough that I even had to bring out the Dark Heal so I could shoot off some quick heals to keep someone up long enough to DI them.

While doing that it drains Force Power like a whore and oh look, Consumption got nerfed to the point where I barely have a chance to use it before someone notices my health depleting and takes advantage of the situation (oh, and by the way, we're squishy as hell, so the moment anyone focuses us we're screwed to **** because the DPS was out of our heal capacity against Snipers/Ops/Maras even BEFORE the nerf - how the hell are we supposed to survive now? And piss off with the "premade, not pug, hurr hurr" argument, because even then I still get trampled).

Force Bending nerf, yeah fair enough, whatever, I can still hit 400k healing in a match if I try super-duper hard. But to nerf our sustainaibility in long-term fights while other classes ,using Rage for example, are able to keep going regardless is just outright ridiculous.

Had a fight with a Jedi Sentinel was doing outrageous DPS, fighting 3+ of my team, and was healing himself through combat. Self-sustainability beyond that of any healer no matter what you did... Pre-nerf.

I won't quit my healer, as I'm determined to be above average and come out on top - making me a popular choice for groups and raids later on, but I'm not happy about having both of those big nerfs being thrown at me.

So from me it's a yuck fou, and challenge accepted!

Edited by Harsisus

I play a Vanguard with a PVE/tanking template. My DPS is probably about 1/4 of a 'pure' dps-spec. I have never killed anyone 1vs1 in a WZ, and the only thing I can do vs healers is interrupt them, as if I manage to get them down by 25% of their health, they'll try to heal back up...

However, when I have a Sage guarded - and taunt the attackers - we can hold off 5-6 opponents for a good long while, but we can't kill any of them, of course.

That never happened unless the target was guarded and all 3 DPS were wearing quest greens and didn't know how to play.

I've played 13 matches this morning as a Sage healer. Healing is down for me about 20% from normal. Rather than a typical 600k in Voidstar I did 480k. Rather than a typical 400k in Huttball I did 300k, and so on. I'll see what happens as I learn to adjust but yeah, healing is down and we're all dying a lot.

I've played 13 matches this morning as a Sage healer. Healing is down for me about 20% from normal. Rather than a typical 600k in Voidstar I did 480k. Rather than a typical 400k in Huttball I did 300k, and so on. I'll see what happens as I learn to adjust but yeah, healing is down and we're all dying a lot.

Are you using the same exact spec or have you altered it for the changes?

Do you play in a group with gaurd and use a lot of AE heals? Just curious what further requirements your numbers may have.

Have you switched the mods in your BM gear to more power or alacrity?

Do you group with a second healer?

Edited by LancelotOC

Same spec: 31, 7, 3

It's not just me, healing for all the healers I know is down, some way more than me.

Sorry, I meant that to be focused more on your survivability. I.e., with the changes, you might live longer if you switched out from the Aoe heal spec to one that provides more CC and survivability.

Sorry, I meant that to be focused more on your survivability. I.e., with the changes, you might live longer if you switched out from the Aoe heal spec to one that provides more CC and survivability.[/QUOTe]

The best you're likely to get in terms of a hybrid healing spec, with full utility, would be a root applied on the knockback and a blinding aspect to the self-applied bubble when it breaks. It was more viable to go this route prior to the changes, as the 1.4 second induction heal was your primary workhorse; after taking on a variety of healing sorcs this morning, I can safely say if you know what to look for, what they are capable of doing and how to interrupt and stun as needed, they are worth little to their team.