Twi'lek head piece

DustinDune

So my main toon is a gunslinger twi'lek and when i got on the mourning with the new 1.2 and i can no longer see my hat! The hide head slot is disabled, so that is not the problem. This pisses me off so much cause i was fine with the look of it before the patch, but now after three months of looking a cowboy hat on my toon, it is no more. If Bioware was going to change this they should have put it in the patch notes. At least i can still wear my Karaaga's hat or else i might /ragequit.

I'm actually THRILLED with what they've done with Twi'leks heads, because now the headbands no longer disappear when wearing hooded gear. I was hiding the ugly baldness of it all with headpiece that was less than ideal for PvP, but absolutely refused to sacrifice the terrible look for those stats.

I imagine the two issues are related. Sorry its messed you up!

Twi'leks are the most alien of the races, and unlike the rest of the races (which are human with a different skin color) they have a different body shape. Somebody in the art design screwed up and didn't consider the Twi'lek head for clipping issues, and so TONS Of art assets just don't work properly with Twi'Lek heads.

So, the decision was to remove them.

Twi'lek sith and jedi DO NOT GET HOODS. They just took them out completely, because they had clipping issues.

Now they took out hats.

This is not an acceptable solution. >_>

Except for the hood issue, since that's from the chest pieces, this change is senseless. if you don't like the clipping on a helmet there's a nifty little option under Social to hide the head gear.

Despite the clipping I personally thought my gunslinger's tier head gear looked better than him wearing nothing.

Completely unacceptable. If I have a problem with the clipping I can be a big boy and disable the headslot at my pleasure. Fact of the matter was the headgear I was using looked perfectly fine despite some minor clipping and now I have to run around bare headed because some fool on the art team decided it didn't look good enough for their standards?

The thing that really bothers me is that this was stealth patched. I've searched through the 1.2 patch notes and it isn't noted anywhere.

So the art team didn't bother with species-specific armor models, they took something that looked questionable and removed the option completely from the players to show it or not, and didn't bother mentioning it, either. For shame. :(

Can we get a Dev to comment on this please? Y u no liek twilekz, Bioware?

• 1 month later...

I wear the Social 1, Elegant Hat that i got in a Cantina from Coruscant (pardon any misspelling or misrembering), the one with the big white feather. I love it even though it clips the tiniest bit in the back. As is, the feather'd cap has become very central to my Twi'lik Sage's style.

When i made my character i specifically chose to have no starting headband, hoping to cut down on clipping issues. If they took away my feathered cap i would be totally bald! Sometimes i wish i had made a more regular looking character, but then i watch them head-tails rhythmically bounce up and down when i write Thrantas on Alderann and it's all worthwhile. I guess.

:rak_02:

My big issue with it is that the race is in the game and doesn't have unique head pieces for it. If you are going to put a race in the game and then implement a feature that EVERY class can be played as that race after the Legacy unlock and you don't include support for headpieces, then give us a fricking disclaimer saying that the race CAN'T equip headgear. It's a very simple solution and necessary because you don't usually get headgear for quite a few levels after character creation. It comes off as VERY LAZY.