Very disappointed in Digital Deluxe items. Not as Advertised.

Hexplosive

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whine, whine, whine.

If you wanted CE items/perks, then you should have bought a CE box. Otherwise defeats the purpose of having a special SKU for those who want it.

I want what it said, nothing more, nothing less.

Then again a baseball bat seems handy now.

/signed

I too LOVE SWTOR

But I'm very disappointed with the special goodies. The training droid was sopposed to be some sort of pet and the mount should scale with your mount skill.

The holodancer should also be moved to the pet categoray so you don't have to waste an item slot. The dancer could sort of hover behind you as you move, lol

I just don't get why the stuff had be marketed 'cleverly' eluding to descriptions that turn out to not be true to the common buyer. Its pixels after all. I didn't buy a Star Wars figurine for 99 cents and was let down when it wasn't craftily done. This is pixels we're talking about. Its virtual. If the description said a droid pet - why the heck isn't it?

It's like someone on the staff is a ****** and wanted to troll on purpose. Who on the planet earth would have ever assumed the droid pet who fights by your side' would be a gnat that buzzes over the head of a enemy target for 10 seconds. Nobody but the the troll who thought it up back at BW.

TLDR Why are they being stingy with pixels? lol

Edited by Twolow

Firstly: I love SWtOR. I am enjoying the game thoroughly with friends.

I am however very very disappointed in the digital deluxe items. Specifically: The training droid is -not- as advertised. In the comparison chart here http://buy.swtor.com/us/ you can see and click on the training droid question button. The training droid is listed as a virtual pet that will hover at your side to assist in combat. Instead we got a silly item that does NOT act as a pet and can just be used to float around an enemy. The training droid is nigh on useless this way. Enemies die so fast whats the point? Please please reconsider this Bioware and give us our training droid as the virtual pet it was promised as.

Also the STAP transport is disappointing too. The STAP has gorgeous artwork and is an awesome transport but becomes useless very quickly as it is only a 90% mount. Between the pre-order color crystal and the STAP our big ticket items are useless by level 20 and 40, its very very disappointing. Please consider making the STAP scale with our riding level. (Would also have loved to see color crystals be just that.. color crystals, not stat crystals)

And the color crystal... is even more useless than it was rendered when it became a stat stone. With the item modification system now most items you receive in low levels cannot have their color crystal changed.. by the time you get to use your fancy pre-order color crystal it is nearly obsolete. Please consider at least letting all weapons have a color crystal mod slot... even greens.

Again, I love SWTOR. I know a lot of people (especially CE buyers) Will think that the extra 20 dollars spent on the digital deluxe is nothing.. but I also know there are a LOT of people to whom 20 dollars is a lot... we'd really like our 20 dollars worth and at the very least get the items we were promised (i.e the training droid virtual pet)

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

edit: a Link to the training droid picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/trainingdroid.png/

~Ivy

Not signed.

Color Crystal = ******.

Finally got to use it at Level 10 after finishing up on Korriban. Joined Flashpoint: Black Talon straight away. Got a new, better lightsaber from that.

Also, I read some where that there is supposed to a shop that sells lightsaber crystals if you don't like the color of your pre-order one?

The mountvehiclethingy... I thought would be available right away. Let down.

The camera is probably the most useless.

Firstly: I love SWtOR. I am enjoying the game thoroughly with friends.

I am however very very disappointed in the digital deluxe items. Specifically: The training droid is -not- as advertised. In the comparison chart here http://buy.swtor.com/us/ you can see and click on the training droid question button. The training droid is listed as a virtual pet that will hover at your side to assist in combat. Instead we got a silly item that does NOT act as a pet and can just be used to float around an enemy. The training droid is nigh on useless this way. Enemies die so fast whats the point? Please please reconsider this Bioware and give us our training droid as the virtual pet it was promised as.

Also the STAP transport is disappointing too. The STAP has gorgeous artwork and is an awesome transport but becomes useless very quickly as it is only a 90% mount. Between the pre-order color crystal and the STAP our big ticket items are useless by level 20 and 40, its very very disappointing. Please consider making the STAP scale with our riding level. (Would also have loved to see color crystals be just that.. color crystals, not stat crystals)

And the color crystal... is even more useless than it was rendered when it became a stat stone. With the item modification system now most items you receive in low levels cannot have their color crystal changed.. by the time you get to use your fancy pre-order color crystal it is nearly obsolete. Please consider at least letting all weapons have a color crystal mod slot... even greens.

Again, I love SWTOR. I know a lot of people (especially CE buyers) Will think that the extra 20 dollars spent on the digital deluxe is nothing.. but I also know there are a LOT of people to whom 20 dollars is a lot... we'd really like our 20 dollars worth and at the very least get the items we were promised (i.e the training droid virtual pet)

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

edit: a Link to the training droid picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/trainingdroid.png/

~Ivy

What were you expecting? None of those items would be game breaking, and why should they? You got exactly what you paid for, a color changing crystal, and an early speeder. Nowhere did it say that those items would be better than what you can obtain in regular play, and you know it.

What were you expecting? None of those items would be game breaking, and why should they? You got exactly what you paid for, a color changing crystal, and an early speeder. Nowhere did it say that those items would be better than what you can obtain in regular play, and you know it.

No where did it say?

The droid was clearly said to "Hover by YOUR side" which it doesnt, it can only be summoned on an enemy unit, also said to "Provide combat assistance", now not sure what your take on that is but I am fairly certain no one thought that meant circle round a creature flashing lights.

Honestly I wouldnt even care if it didnt attack but it sounded at least like a vanity pet.

No where did it say?

The droid was clearly said to "Hover by YOUR side" which it doesnt, it can only be summoned on an enemy unit, also said to "Provide combat assistance", now not sure what your take on that is but I am fairly certain no one thought that meant circle round a creature flashing lights.

Honestly I wouldnt even care if it didnt attack but it sounded at least like a vanity pet.

Oh no, better get your money back. :rolleyes:

I would like to start by saying this is not a whine post. I simply think as a DD owner I should include my input here.

Color Stone (Virtual item)

I like the look of it and find it to be useful for the early levels. When I out level it I plan to keep it in my social lightsaber.

Flare Gun

Does exactly what I expected it to do. I have no complaints.

Training Droid

I didn't think it would do any damage to begin with. Although, I expected it to be more like a pet (it says hover at your side after all)

HoloDancer

HoloCam

This is actually the main reason I chose the DD over the standard. After reading the description I was under the impression it would take holographic screenshots or videos. I expected something simple like a still holo of my character or a short clip. As it is now the same thing can be accomplished by hitting Ctrl+U & scrolling the mouse wheel in. This item is useless.

STAP (Single Trooper Aerial Platform)

Just my 2 :sy_auction:

Edited by GGVK

Why shouldn't we? The entire package is underwhelming and in the case of the droid its blatant false advertising.

The sad part is you have nothing better to do than pick fights with people who have genuine grievances.

Just because it is a "fluff" (The whole GAME is fluff for petes sake) item doesn't mean its worth any less. All these naysayers would be furious if they'd purchased a sword of pwnmore "to give you an edge over the competition" and it turned out to only be able to be used once, in the dark, on a training dummy. They would be screaming then. Purchasing an item only to find out it is NOT what you were told you were buying, is a valid complaint no matter how much or little you spent.

if you want to pay 20 bucks to have an advantage over other players, there are thousands of f2p mmos on the market which are all about pay2win.

Geez, no one is asking to pay for an advantage. We just want what was advertised, like the virtual pet that is not a pet at all.

the mount is fine.

The training droid, however, is absolutely stupid. Only useable on an enemy? They said it was a pet in the descriptions.

Color crystal is ugly and becomes useless fast.

And the holodancer? LOL it stay on for, oh, what, 10 seconds? I wish I could take back the 20 bucks and just get the standard -_-

I'm pretty bummed myself. I expected the quality of pre-order stuff from Rift, which had a ride-able mount from the get-go that no one else can get AND scales with level, and the color stone would actually be used to color my stuff up to top level. Both the partner and I kinda feel... underwhelmed with it all. And why can't I have a male holodancer???? I'm gay. I don't want to see a half nekkid woman shimmying! I want man-crotch in my face!

Ah well.

Edited by BrienBear

Pretty much knew what I was buying, except for the pet not being a pet issue. The marketing specifically called it a companion pet, and this was changed or an outright lie. Not sure.

The mount being a slow speed is unexpected, but I can't say I'm surprised. Everyone that had to 'save up' (lol) for their mount in-game would be whining about iwin purchases otherwise.

Holo dancer doesn't always dance, she just stands there. This is a bug I'm sure they will fix.

The flare gun is useful in groups, actually. Kinna like it.

Why do I need a camera to accomplish prntscreen?

And I took the stat loss right up front and chose not to use the color crystal. It's ugly, looks like a vibro-blade from a distance, and has no business being in a Star Wars property.

i cancelled my CE a while ago in beta and was mulling over either the DD or regular copy. Im probably gonna purchase the standard game...may wait for another DELL deal so i can get it for $50 but not gonna wait too long, maybe till next year. harr harr