Insight talent: Which attacks are "Force" attacks?

jelswick

I have a Watchman build and I was curious about the talent Insight in the Focus tree. Originally I was going to put my other 10 points into Combat. Which of our attacks are "Force" and thus benefit from Insight? Is Insight more beneficial than say Steadfast from the Combat tree? Just trying to figure out the best place to spend the remaining 10 points to best compliment my Watchman build.

Force = Blade Storm, ALL of our dots (both cauterize and overload) and damage from Rebuke.

Also, yeah, I'd say that for watchman, Insight is better than Steadfast.

Edited by Eszi

• 4 weeks later...

Grading it against Steadfast will really depend on your gear which influences your accuracy and your crit chance.

The question is at high gear levels is it better to stack a power enhancement than accuracy and put points in steadfast?

The second question is does the extra critical chance on insight perform better than the damage boost to Master Focus. That I probably will parse out on a dummy although I'm not sure when.

Force = Blade Storm, ALL of our dots (both cauterize and overload) and damage from Rebuke.

Also, yeah, I'd say that for watchman, Insight is better than Steadfast.

I don't think our DoT's count, only because I've seen physical cleansing classes (Ops, Mercs, Commandos and Scoundrels) cleanse my DoT's off of them.

More to the point of the OP, anything listed in your skill book as being "Force" counts as a Force attack. For Sentinel, that's Sweep, Stasis and Blade Storm. If you talent into Focus up to Force Exhaustion, then that also counts as a Force attack, leaving you with a grand total of three force attacks you'll use with any regularity (due to the CD on Stasis being a bit long).

I don't think our DoT's count, only because I've seen physical cleansing classes (Ops, Mercs, Commandos and Scoundrels) cleanse my DoT's off of them.

More to the point of the OP, anything listed in your skill book as being "Force" counts as a Force attack. For Sentinel, that's Sweep, Stasis and Blade Storm. If you talent into Focus up to Force Exhaustion, then that also counts as a Force attack, leaving you with a grand total of three force attacks you'll use with any regularity (due to the CD on Stasis being a bit long).

Damage type and attack type are two entirely seperate things. This becomes quickly evident playing a consular/sorcerer

I totally forget the names of the skills, but it's certainly not a regular move.

PS: White flytext = Normal damage, Yellow flytext = Force/Tech/Whatever damage, As far as I've been able to tell.

overload saber is force.

cauterize is melee.

check the ability book and it displays right next to each ability.

Cauterize deals both.

First hit = melee

Dot itself = force