The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

Zoopercat

Can someone clear up a question I have about how these parsers work? If I'm reading/hearing from people correctly it seems that it's not possible for one person to capture log data from anyone but themselves? I was looking at some form a raid and I actually saw my healing and healing numbers for the other healer but they seemed very low and inaccurate. So I guess my question is..what is the source of the limitation (ie. BW log limitation or parser limitation) for a single person to capture data from everyone and why does it seem to capture some data but is incomplete?

It seems really cumbersome to require every person in a raid to log combat and then upload/merge data just to get a complete picture of a single raid (if that is in fact how it works). I understand they don't want real time parsing to interfere with the game (I guess?) but I don't get why one person shouldn't have the ability to gather more accurate data from everyone (within a reasonable distance).

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone clear up a question I have about how these parsers work? If I'm reading/hearing from people correctly it seems that it's not possible for one person to capture log data from anyone but themselves? I was looking at some form a raid and I actually saw my healing and healing numbers for the other healer but they seemed very low and inaccurate. So I guess my question is..what is the source of the limitation (ie. BW log limitation or parser limitation) for a single person to capture data from everyone and why does it seem to capture some data but is incomplete?

Ballzz, the combat logs only capture damage you dealt, healing you did, healing done to you (and by whom), and damage taken. So if you got healed by someone, you'll see the healing they did to you, but not the healing they did to anyone else.

So in order to get a complete raid picture, everyone has to upload a log. A pain, but at least it's now a possibility to see the entire raid picture.

Bioware purposefully made individual logs so that each user could decide if they wanted to share their information with other people. This was to cut down on DPS elitism that some players don't want to be a part of. But if people want to compare stats, they can with these parsers, they just have to choose to do so.

We all do realize it's only that free 1st-lvl attack that can miss, right?

Speaking of which: I do "miss" with Double Strike BIG TIME, and this makes me wonder how much of that stems from the fact that my base accuracy is only 95%, and how much from the actual boss "dodges".

What I'm driving at, getting to this level of detail is going to benefit damage dealers also, not only tanks.

Edited by Feoktist

Its there any problem with my parser why its not shown on the list?

For GXR-7 Commander

http://www.comunidad-swtor.com/combatlog/logs.php?id=157&filterunit=1426904099848192

117 DPS Combined with the companion, player alone 70 DPS

http://www.comunidad-swtor.com/combatlog/logs.php?id=157&filtercombat=2356

You could share by permalink.

Couldn't merge yet (work in progress)

The user interface for the parser its spanish but we are thinking in translated to english

reads english logs only

Is has anonymous upload but its deleted in 24 hours

Is has guild management system so you could have all your guild logs together

May features:

Explore logs, combats, participants, npcs, and filter by many criterias.

Details data include damage done/taken

healing

interrupts

absorbs

avoidance

buffs

procs

energy

targets

threat

charts

rankings

breakdown by damage and healing target

and so on

Comments & feedback appreciated

Screen shoots

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/latok/swtor2/parser000.jpg

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/latok/swtor2/parser001.jpg

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/latok/swtor2/parser002.jpg

No problem, I just have to add it in. I'll get that done today :)

Thanks Zoopercat, great effort :)

WTB I am recompilating many bos IDs in order to have in the filter selection on my parser a quick list of Ops boss,

I've notice many of them, but not all of them, for example:

Soa Hard Mode: 2289823159156736

Soa Normal : 1783790112342016

So I could show the rankings, and filter the logs (in the main explorer view) by boss easily instead to have a hugh NPCs list.

Any one has do same approach?

Edited by Latok

I haven't looked at the boss IDs - are you saying the ID's are different if it's storymode vs hardmode?

If you put a list together of all the ID's, I'd love to share that with the combat log community! I can help grab the IDs from logs that I have access to and send them to you for a master list.

I haven't looked at the boss IDs - are you saying the ID's are different if it's storymode vs hardmode?

If you put a list together of all the ID's, I'd love to share that with the combat log community! I can help grab the IDs from logs that I have access to and send them to you for a master list.

They are different from Story to Hard, but I think the same for Nightmare, I'll put my list together using my guild logs.

Tomorrow I hope I added to my parser and share with the other parsers creators.

If you just go to my parser, explore option in the top of the page, in the NPC drop down you could view source and see duplicated names, the hard mode ones usually has a higher ID (I believe because where added latter to the game).

Edited by Latok

They are different. I have an excel spreadsheet with all the boss ids for Operations and Flashpoints and a couple World Bosses. I don't have them split up into different modes yet (ie Story Mode vs Nightmare) but I would be happy to share this spreadsheet with you guys if you want. You can email me at james@torparse.com if you have any interest in it.

I also have a complete list (well like 98%) of all spell IDs for classes that I would be willing to share too. Just let me know which spreadsheets you would like in the email.

The only problem is that it doesn't know there are people who don't speak Spanish.

There are many people that dont speak german or french.

Spanish its just another language, if you are a foreign you really like to at least a web site with terms more familiar to yours.

And in the ends that my parser its currently in spanish does not mean that I could not translate to English, I'll do when I have time.

Thanks for sharing that spreadsheet, btw!! Not only is that helpful to determine the mode someone ran, but it helps with cross-language issues too.

Speaking of other languages, Latok, I have the basic info on your parser in the original post. It's tanking me a bit more time to check out the site since it's in Spanish... my Spanish is alright, but a bit rusty.

Also, does anyone else have more mis-named abilities, like whirlwind showing up as force lift for inquisitors? I'd like to pull together a master list of those as well to share with the combat log commuinty.

Thanks for sharing that spreadsheet, btw!! Not only is that helpful to determine the mode someone ran, but it helps with cross-language issues too.

Speaking of other languages, Latok, I have the basic info on your parser in the original post. It's tanking me a bit more time to check out the site since it's in Spanish... my Spanish is alright, but a bit rusty.

Also, does anyone else have more mis-named abilities, like whirlwind showing up as force lift for inquisitors? I'd like to pull together a master list of those as well to share with the combat log commuinty.

Thanks zoopercat, if you have any doubt just PM me I'll happy to help.

Mis unnamed abilities are shown in my parser as "Desconocido" that Unknow in Spanish.

I'll look after my database try to catach some of those this evening.

Edited by Latok

I've make a list of only operations bosses based in the full list provided by torparser and investigate it with my guild logs.

Available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Autt88q289wbdEFqS19OaHAwcmR6UnlfMU1CMXVjX1E

Nice, thanks for adding what type of instance :)

Just a quick note tho, I noticed you removed the NPC types I had labeled as "Operations Boss Helper." In certain circumstances, you may miss a boss fight because the "helper" shows up before the boss. I know there is an instance of this occurring in Explosive Conflict where if you wipe on the "helper" before the boss shows up, the fight will not be flagged as a boss attempt.

Another small issue came up when I was digging deeper into logs - are lines like these:

[11:38:52.974] [@Feoktist] [Rakghoul Predator {2742770410192896}] [Force Breach {964675424485376}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -immune {836045448945506}) <1005>

[19:38:53.042] [@Feoktist] [Trandoshan Stealthkiller {2856780317065216}] [Force Wave {812844035604480}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -immune {836045448945506}) <752>

[22:52:01.380] [@Feoktist] [Warlord Kephess {2800357331697664}] [Double Strike {812728071487488}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -immune {836045448945506}) <579>

handled? Is agro parsed? Are they classified as "missed" attacks? And what the hell are they, actually?

Another small issue came up when I was digging deeper into logs - are lines like these:

[11:38:52.974] [@Feoktist] [Rakghoul Predator {2742770410192896}] [Force Breach {964675424485376}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -immune {836045448945506}) <1005>

[19:38:53.042] [@Feoktist] [Trandoshan Stealthkiller {2856780317065216}] [Force Wave {812844035604480}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -immune {836045448945506}) <752>

[22:52:01.380] [@Feoktist] [Warlord Kephess {2800357331697664}] [Double Strike {812728071487488}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -immune {836045448945506}) <579>

handled? Is agro parsed? Are they classified as "missed" attacks? And what the hell are they, actually?

I parse the threat as real and I parse the attack as a miss. I parse all Damage vid amount 0 as missed.

One quick note about the excel spreadsheets. Be careful not to change the column containing the locale number to a "Number" formatted cell. Excel will only store out to 15 digits and it rounds anything past 15 digits. Most of the locale numbers are longer than 15 digits, so this will completely mess up your database. I had to learn this the hardway. Keeping the cells as "Text" format will be sure the numbers maintain their integrity.

Baba, there are a couple of things to check.

1. Did you go to 'my documents' then 'star wars - the old republic' ? This is a different folder than where the game is installed.

2. Silly question, but when you checked 'enable combat logging' - did you click 'apply' so that it saved?

So a fellow guildie had his subscription banned for a week for using Mox Parser. Could a Bioware person explain this please? There are numerous threads about data parsers, and the combat logs were built intentionally to be parsed obviously. The only hint of a reply he got was that the program was accessing internal memory instead of the file.

So... what exactly is allowed and not allowed? I can't find a single reference anywhere on swtor or anywhere on the internet for that matter where Bioware states that a certain use of a log parser will result in account suspension. This makes no sense to me. Can someone enlighten me?