Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Fullscreen Windowed not working after client update

xQuicksilverx

Anyone having this problem? Ive been running in Fullscreen Windowed mode since release and never had a problem. I just finished downloading 1.2 and now I cant play in fullscreen windowed 1280x1024.. however it did work in just plain old Windowed mode. This is really a pain. Anyone else having this problem?

Running fullscreen windowed mode here to, no probs so far, already changed the new char graphic option to high res texttures.

and yes the servers are still down but you can get into the server selection screen and as such play around with the graphic options.

I don't understand Fullscreen Windowed...

I get Fullscreen.

I get Windowed.

Fullscreen Windowed just looks like Fullscreen to me. What is Windowed about it?

Try Alt+Tabing in Full screen and then in Full Screen Windowed while in the game.

That might give you a clue. ;)

mm I have no idea *** is wrong with my client. Ive gone into my c-users-appdata-swtor folder and looked at the client_settings file.. its all still where it should be..

For those that can get it to work.. are you noticing anything different with the setting? Im pretty sure i could get it to work if i hooked up my old monitor, but im using a tv monitor that only supports 1280x1024

Also for the person who was asking what the point of fullscreen windowed is.. its so you can run programs/video ontop of your game client without minimizing.

Edited by xQuicksilverx

hmm...

just tried Fullscreen Windowed

working fine.

Edit: although.. in Fullscreen Windowed the server select button seems to be mostly off screen... where as it is fully on screen in windowed mode. anyone else getting that?

Edited by FITorion

I get Fullscreen.

I get Windowed.

Fullscreen Windowed just looks like Fullscreen to me. What is Windowed about it?

Full screen Windowed allows you to run in full screen mode, while still letting you move your cursor off the window, say to another monitor, and doesn't have the border around it.

If using only one monitor it should allow you to alt-tab without getting a loading screen when you tab back.

More information on this issue:

Windowed mode: Works

Fullscreen: Works

Fullscreen Windowed: Does not work

This is all using the 1280x1024 resolution, the only one my monitor supports.

So i dont know what it is, but they changed something in the game files with this patch that prevents me from running the exact resolution i need to for this tv.

So i dont know what it is, but they changed something in the game files with this patch that prevents me from running the exact resolution i need to for this tv.

All modes are fine for me at 1360x768.

Hope you get it figured out. :)

Have the same issue. Every time I tried to switch it to it, it says out of range on my monitor.

This happened every patch, but it was easily fixed by going into the client_defaults.ini

How ever, this work around is no longer working. I hope they fix full screen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

Window mode: works.

Full Screen mode: Out of Range.

Full Screen window mode: Out of Range.

Edited by Azure_Prower

Ive tried deleting the client_setting and Graphics_mirror, still hasnt fixed it.

I hooked up my old monitor, everything worked as i thought it would.. I set the preferences to Fullscreen Windowed : 1280x1024 and it worked perfectly on that monitor. So then i unplugged it, and hooked it back up to my TV, and it went right back to the same problem.

Ive tried deleting the client_setting and Graphics_mirror, still hasnt fixed it.

I hooked up my old monitor, everything worked as i thought it would.. I set the preferences to Fullscreen Windowed : 1280x1024 and it worked perfectly on that monitor. So then i unplugged it, and hooked it back up to my TV, and it went right back to the same problem.

is your tv an LCD ? if yes then the problem is a wrong refresh rate/resolution conbination somewhere between the game and the tv.

As you said your old monitor works just fine, and the game locks the refresh rate at 60hz when its in fullscreen window mode, that can screw up some tvs/monitos that somewhow dont suport that resolution/refresh conbination.

I get Fullscreen.

I get Windowed.

For example, some of us have 2 monitors. In full screen, you can't just move the mouse off the game to the other monitor. Playing Windowed is a pain. Hence, full screen windowed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.