Last chance, 1.2 better be polished

Theboatman

Lets all face it, when the game released, end game was unfinished. Littered with bugs, several rendering aspects of the game completely unplayable, the game was a nightmare at 50. Throughout the last several months I've seen my server population (Make of Nihlus) drop like a stone, and several unsubscribes have just lost interest in daily quest grinding, meh-grade pvp, and progression raiding through encounter that bioware clearly didn't have a grip on (Soa, Pylons, even interrogators clone bug, we still have a commando who has never beaten him, etc). Finally 3 months in most of the bugs are solved, through those months much of the community has worked around the poor mechanics and such.

So, this is it bioware. You've put a lot of hyping into this patch, your cards are on the table, and I for one am basing my sub on how well this patch rolls out. Is content buggy? Is everything just a new grind? Do you bring anything new to pvp?

The ranked warzone cancellation is a huge issue which has everyone talking, and I'm sad it's not going to roll out. You guys screwed the pooch on that one, but I'd rather you delay it, then roll it out incomplete. The content that is released should feel vibrant, should feel tight, few minor glitches are acceptable, but SOA 2.0 is not what anyone wants.

Please, over the course of the next few weeks, be honest, and listen to your community. Dedicating resources to something you care about, but your subscribers don't, is going to cost you big.

Some things it seems people want...

- 8 Man Warzones

- In Game Combat logs

- Useful and practical legacy options (Increased xp options, head start with crafting, etc)

- Server Merges

- Cross server warzones for low population times

Just look at it from a pvp players point of view...

- Same 3 warzones for four months

- Huge flop that is Ilum

- Big promises for the future delayed for who knows why ("It's not done" isn't good enough, go into why, be honest and real with your players, goes a long way)

- Frustration mechanics (In a 20 second period on my inq, was pull into a fire pit, was pulled out by teammate, was knockback into huttball arena, was stunne, then rooted to the ground, then stunned again, each of those abilities have a 15-45 second cooldown, while my 2 minute single stun breaker was on CD. In that's 20 seconds + of game play I was able to hit 2 instant casts. How bout you make it so when you hit your 2 minute cooldown it maxes out your resolve bar instead of a single stun break)

And your raiders?

- Every week new soa bug

- limited content

- broken content

- terrible loot optimization (did anyone even look at jedi guardian tank gear? Accuracy and surge? REEEAAAALLY?)

Basically, this patch better be great, or I'm done. I think many are in the same boat.

Edited by Theboatman

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, not everyone pvp's. However, if you do that might be YOUR area of interest. From what I have seen of 1.2 on PTS the patch is pretty darn near perfect. Not completely but pretty close. Will it make everyone happy? Obviously not. But then again, you can't please everyone all of the time. If anyone is going to judge SWTOR by just one patch...I say you might as well leave now and don't let the barn door hit ya on the way out. As for those that are staying, we will have fun without ya.

"just one patch"... my judgements come from countless patches involving things like fixing soa, breaking soa, fixing ilum, shutting ilum off, turning ilum back on, unannounced changes/fixes taking 4 hours randomly throughout the week, fixing a classes final quest, fixing a broken classes companion which was critical to the story line but bugged if the wrong chat option was picked early on...

Players are seeping away from the game, this patch is supposed to be the hook to reel them back in. If it's buggy to all get out, with broken encounters, failed features, etc, it's going to be a huge let down. I'm giving it a chance, but it better be tight. Is it really too much to ask them to release something solid instead of limping in with "Well, this is what 1.2 was supposed to bring, but this is what we were able to come up with a month after it was supposed to be released in the first place"

I'm pretty sure server merges and transfers were already being talked about and I'm quite sure I heard server transfers were being implemented with 1.2, could be wrong though.

Either way, young game is young. You expect them to just roll out **** left and right. I hope this patch is palyed out well, I'm not going to quit though if it has issues. The game is four freaking months old and you expect it to be rolling out **** like WoW does.

First of all, not everyone pvp's. However, if you do that might be YOUR area of interest. From what I have seen of 1.2 on PTS the patch is pretty darn near perfect. Not completely but pretty close. Will it make everyone happy? Obviously not. But then again, you can't please everyone all of the time. If anyone is going to judge SWTOR by just one patch...I say you might as well leave now and don't let the barn door hit ya on the way out. As for those that are staying, we will have fun without ya.

Well logic dictates that a large portion of BW's 1.7 million subscribers doesn't like logging in to the game in its current state. So the patch they have hyped for a good month should probably be a big deal. If its not then I guess you can continue to enjoy your "MMO" that has roughly 500 or so players on at prime time on the now "typical" Light server.

If it's buggy to all get out, with broken encounters, failed features, etc, it's going to be a huge let down.

If it is not buggy then BioWare will have pulled off what no other MMO has ever pulled off. Welcome to MMOs.

I'm pretty sure server merges and transfers were already being talked about and I'm quite sure I heard server transfers were being implemented with 1.2, could be wrong though.

Either way, young game is young. You expect them to just roll out **** left and right. I hope this patch is palyed out well, I'm not going to quit though if it has issues. The game is four freaking months old and you expect it to be rolling out **** like WoW does.

1- they said they won't be doing server merges

2- the transfers they are going to do soon are for the asian servers

3- they said transfers for everyone will be sometime in the future

Well logic dictates that a large portion of BW's 1.7 million subscribers doesn't like logging in to the game in its current state. So the patch they have hyped for a good month should probably be a big deal. If its not then I guess you can continue to enjoy your "MMO" that has roughly 500 or so players on at prime time on the now "typical" Light server.

Logic?.. Typical?.... Light servers are in the minority at prime time, the are far more servers at standard than light for a given regions prime time. If your counting European Servers being light during US Prime time.. then that's just silly.

Just because you come up with random facts doesn't make them true.

Yeah, they're always "seeping" away. Games never get any new players.

Ever.

Nope.

Eventually the developers and their families get chained to desks and forced to log in, to create the illusion that there are people on. Then, third world countries get invaded, entire villages pressed into slavery so that the servers read moderate to heavy..... Eventually bioware will have to branch out into cloning though, as those poor people die of malnutrition.

Dont be that guy that makes this happen.

Dont quit.

Just.... dont.

lol...so much complaining

did you play WoW Vanilla or even Beta or start at WotLK? WoW was a damn joke compared to SWTOR's start, now stop complaining and just have some damn patience

Really? A game at release almost 8 years ago wasn't as polished (LOL) as something released ~5 Months ago?!?

Love people like this, you cannot compare WoW at release to Swtor at release. If you want to make a comparison you make it WoW Dec 20th 2011 vs Swtor (Hell any time up to now).

Players are seeping away from the game..

First TOR was gushing subs, then bleeding, then leaking, and now seeping. What's next? Is TOR going to start heavily exhaling subs? Furthermore, if I believed every person that came on here making this claim (which has been going on since the game released 4 months ago) I would have to get my head examined for seeing anybody playing this game besides myself.

Love people like this, you cannot compare WoW at release to Swtor at release. If you want to make a comparison you make it WoW Dec 20th 2011 vs Swtor (Hell any time up to now).

Not sure if trolling...

Really? A game at release almost 8 years ago wasn't as polished (LOL) as something released ~5 Months ago?!?

You can absolutely compare launches.

WoW at it's launch sucked. Swtor at it's launch was awesome.

Edited by OmegaMayhem

It's a MMO when are they EVER polished 100%. Not like this is ground breaking news.

For a MMO this game had great polish from launch. Just it has the normal bug problems they all have.

Edited by Romiz

Yes because WoW was entirely bug free in December 20th right? There were NO balance issues of any kind on December 20th right?

If your talking about content, and expect every new MMO to have more content then WoW does from 1-85 with level 60,70, and 80 raids from old content sitting around. Then you seriously need to get real, no MMO will ever release with that much content.

1- they said they won't be doing server merges

2- the transfers they are going to do soon are for the asian servers

3- they said transfers for everyone will be sometime in the future

That's not even something I'm going to accept. Server merges will happen, If this game doesn't start bringing in a lot more players. Secondly, they're not going to just have transfers for one demographic of players, that's just stupidity at it's finest. If it's not with this patch it will be shortly after.