Why can't I download the patch?

Necrosia

Because they probably haven't uploaded the patch to the server yet. I bet you that part of this down time is being used for maintenace before they upload the patch. It's better to fix a few issues and then load the patch then to have a million issues and then upload the patch which has potential to create more.

Seriously. Read the info provided. Bioware said "The download will become available when the update completes".

It's there in black and white. They won't release it for download untill they're damn sure that 1.2 is going without a hitch. Because god help them, they may have to content with a qq'ing community if the worst happens and 1.2 won't apply, and there's several thousand people with a half patched broken client.

Feel your pain. Living in a beautiful rural area has many benefits but good 'Net speed isn't one of them. :)

With a ping around 2,000 on a good day...

Pain has become another part of my MMO experience. It's interesting to note that SWTOR's Ping meter can go up to six digits!

Edited by BronzeKnight

The first live 1.2 patch was bugged. So they had to take it offline before more people downloaded the bad patch.

No the patch was today there was no patch yesterday.

Edited by Romiz

Pain has become another part of my MMO experience. It's interesting to note that SWTOR's Ping meter can go up to six digits!

LOL if you are pinging 2000 all the time must have dialup (this is a broadband game) or Satellite Internet no aimed correct.

The very highest ping I have had is 83 ms and live 1200 miles from the server. Normal ping is 25-35 ms.

Edited by Romiz

wow were are u im aussie playing on a us east coast and get between 200 - 300 ping

Yes I have Satellite, it sucks but theirs no other option available where I live.

Not all Satellite ISP are equal. Heard hughes net is not bad. But never used it since in range of DSL or cable.

Reading forums on them and even they are not any good for MMOs. 900 MS. MMOs with PvP content under 300 ms is a must.

Edited by Romiz

Not all Satellite ISP are equal. Heard hughes net is not bad. But never used it since in range of DSL or cable.

Yea... no.

Simple fact is Satellite internet is ***** for MMO's

I can't even connect to the D3 beta servers. Gulid Wars and City Of Heroes both ran "ok" but SWTOR is a more modern game and uses a different form of data propagation which is why Satellite internet sucks for SWTOR.

Edit

i looked them up.. boy the prices for their terrible speeds almost made me go blind.

This is also true.

Edited by BronzeKnight

Your latency on a satelite ISP is mainly caused by the orbit the satelite, that the ISP is using, is in.

If it's a stationary GEO, 2000ms (2s) roundtrip delay seems pretty reasonable.

Aiming your dish wrong would not effect latency, but the strength of the signal (packetloss, disconnects, ...)

If you find a satelite ISP that has better latency, it's probably using a LEO. It's just a problem of tracking the satelite then with your dish :D

Your latency on a satelite ISP is mainly caused by the orbit the satelite, that the ISP is using, is in.

If it's a stationary GEO, 2000ms (2s) roundtrip delay seems pretty reasonable.

Aiming your dish wrong would not effect latency, but the strength of the signal (packetloss, disconnects, ...)

If you find a satelite ISP that has better latency, it's probably using a LEO. It's just a problem of tracking the satelite then with your dish :D

Are you Sheldon from big bang theory?