The Fatman Server

Dakneiros

I dont care how big the que is , im not rerolling for a 4th time. I either get server transfers or im staying here. I know there are now like 5 heavy / very heavy servers besides fatman and they are probably a safe bet, but ive rerolled 4 times and im not doing it again.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My que is 883. It's telling me 55 minutes.

Am I'm complaining?...No

Just gonna use that time to check the forums, send out an email or 2, no big deal. Life goes on. Will it become a problem later down the road as que times become longer and longer? Probally so. Imagine logging in and seeing a que of 12876, and a wait time of 5 1/2 hours.

As I said before right now it is not a problem, and I am ok with the que times. I normally do not have to wait for more than 10-15 minutes, sometimes 30 at peak times. Meh no big deal. But when we start having to wait hours, this can cause loss of subs.

Right now... suck it up... later on either we need to start all over again on another server (which sux) or unsub. This is just reality and logic speaking.

This is just ridiculous. I'm a casual player and been on the server since the population was at a low or medium level. I usually play in the early hours of the morning after work so I never really noticed the queue. So now just because I get on at 10pm on a Tuesday night I have to wait an hour to play or re-roll all my characters on another server which the same thing could happen? Wow. *********** ********. :mad:

In case you haven't read the article, they are planning on offering transfers and possibly merging servers.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1324496/swtor_bioware_reponds_to_criticism_server_merges_still_possible.html

They should have done this before everyone re rolled on fatman. There have been threads for a few months now asking for server merges because of dying servers.

You guys aren't complaining about queue times now, but wait until you're in a 16 person operation and have 3 people DC with an hour wait to get back in. It's stupid and Bioware should have been on top of this LONG before we got to this point. As soon as servers were dieing, they should have been doing mergers.

It happened tonight. Our raid had to stand around for an hour to wait for 3 people to get back online to finish an operation.....that is dumb.

Fix it Bioware, and now. Stop coding legacy garbage and fix the server issues. Pay people overtime and work them weekends. I have to do that when my projects are behind schedule.

Edited by XeonVIII

This is just ridiculous. I'm a casual player and been on the server since the population was at a low or medium level. I usually play in the early hours of the morning after work so I never really noticed the queue. So now just because I get on at 10pm on a Tuesday night I have to wait an hour to play or re-roll all my characters on another server which the same thing could happen? Wow. *********** ********. :mad:

When we asked for mergers (before migrating to Fatman) we were told to suck it up and reroll... guess what we did cus our servers were unplayable. I rerolled 4 times before settling on fatman which was for a couple of months the only server that would read heavy every night. At least you never had to leave your toons behind and start from scratch ... you got it easy. Is not our fault our servers died.

Behold the great hypocrisy of internet children!

Really guys? Everyone complains that the servers are dying and dead and the most popular server people are whining about queues? Its like complaining about how hard it is to find parking for the World Series, that you'd much prefer that you were going to see some crappy minor league team from Michigan.

NOBODY IS EVER HAPPY!

I roll my eyes in the Fatman's general direction.:rolleyes:

My account was one of the first to log into The Fatman on the morning of release. First wave 7:30am. ALL of my characters are on this server. I have 3 lvl 50s, a 47 and a 33. Having to queue to play solely because so many people are re rolling there is a bit frustrating. I dont blame those that are coming to The Fatman because it is a great server, I fully blame Bioware for allowing this situation to occur without lifting a finger to fix it.

Here is my very simple fix for this... Preferential queuing based on Legacy level. The original accounts that started on that server should generally have a higher legacy level than new re rolls. Simply allow queue preferential log in based on that level. New people that are re rolling can queue until they have built up enough Legacy to jump in line. Those of us that have been there since the very beginning can at least play the only characters we have.

My account was one of the first to log into The Fatman on the morning of release. First wave 7:30am. ALL of my characters are on this server. I have 3 lvl 50s, a 47 and a 33. Having to queue to play solely because so many people are re rolling there is a bit frustrating. I dont blame those that are coming to The Fatman because it is a great server, I fully blame Bioware for allowing this situation to occur without lifting a finger to fix it.

Here is my very simple fix for this... Preferential queuing based on Legacy level. The original accounts that started on that server should generally have a higher legacy level than new re rolls. Simply allow queue preferential log in based on that level. New people that are re rolling can queue until they have built up enough Legacy to jump in line. Those of us that have been there since the very beginning can at least play the only characters we have.

This is not a good idea.

What about people who have been there since day 1 and don't play that much? Also, you do realize that some people would never get to play then, since they can't get in to raise their legacy level?

Servers with 'heavy' average populations should not allow new players to join them. This will focus more people into the lesser populated servers. This goes for players re-rolling characters into that server as well.

It's better to annoy a single player by not allowing them to join a heavy server than it is to force the rest of the server's population to be annoyed that they can't get any pvp in.

In fact, you don't even need to annoy new players. Heavy servers should simply be omitted from the list unless you already have a character on them.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

People don't want to hear this (for the most part) but what needs to happen is that Bioware needs to merge a lot of servers so the population isn't so scattered. When you look at the server loads, there are so many "light" to "standard" serves that could be merged. People want to play with other people and so they naturally go to servers with the most people even if it means there's a bit of a wait time. I really do believe that merging serves would give people other options.

While I would enjoy the benefits of a server merge, I don't really want the hassle of same-name complications.

If I could merge into a server and not have to change my name, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. But my name means too much for me to go and change it. That and the rest of my guild as well. I'd much rather stay on my low populated server than have to leave my guild or change names.

This is not a good idea.

What about people who have been there since day 1 and don't play that much? Also, you do realize that some people would never get to play then, since they can't get in to raise their legacy level?

The people that have been there since day one and dont play very much dont have much standing in their way of rolling on another server. Those of us that DO play a lot though have much less incentive to re roll elsewhere. Considering that the entire issue is caused by people re rolling, making the original Fatman users re roll elsewhere just to play is ridiculous. In my opinion, if anyone should wait, it should be those that chose to re roll on a heavily populated/full server that has queues on it, not the original player base.

Behold the great hypocrisy of internet children!

Really guys? Everyone complains that the servers are dying and dead and the most popular server people are whining about queues? Its like complaining about how hard it is to find parking for the World Series, that you'd much prefer that you were going to see some crappy minor league team from Michigan.

NOBODY IS EVER HAPPY!

I roll my eyes in the Fatman's general direction.:rolleyes:

It's hilarious how unintelligent the gen pop is.

The only thing BIoware should do, is disallow new character creation on Fatman for a while. Once any server hits full w/ queue consistently during primetime, it's time to shut that bad boy down to new character creation. If they can seperate it by account (allow people existing on Fatman to create alts, but not allow brand new people to the server) then all the better.

I am absolutely certain people are going to have this issue when they tranfer next month off of their dead servers. They'll be back to crying about queues.

Edited by islander

I really feel so bad for you guys, playing on the most populated server, with people everywhere, must be so frustrating :rolleyes:

I know! Just last night between the 2 fleets (clarification I mean republic fleet 1 and 2) we had almost 400 people there. Was so annoying!!!!!!!!!! /sarcasm :cool:

Edited by DragoAskani