Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because any lawyer with an ounce of intelligence will say "****" and any judge will give you a fine for wasting his time.

You do know that after the whole hacking incident, Sony tried to include in their EULA for Playstation network a clause in which you agreed to not sue them?

If the trailer and media coverage Ea-Bioware provided counts as advertising, and if it counts as advertising or not would be up to bunch of legal wiggy types, then EA-Boware would be in trouble under various 'bait and switch' laws.

For example I live in the UK, and EA-Bioware are on dodgy ground under long distance selling rules, as it is.

The apologists aren't necessarily missing the bigger picture. Do I agree that they had given themselves a deadline and that they should have hit it? Absolutely. However, I can also look at the opposite side of the equation for EVERYTHING that they're putting into this particular patch and accept the fact (even begin difficult to digest) that they got in over their heads and just tried to put in too much and missed their mark.

Should they have done things differently as far as their PTS testing? Absolutely. Should they have attempted to be so ambitious rolling out class balance changes, and a ranked pvp system all at the same time before laying the ground work for it? (like gear and itemization changes, server pop balances/cross server queuing, class changes?) Absolutely. They shot for the moon, and they missed it, but not by alot considering everything that is still in this patch and how fast I believe they're going to implement rated warzones from this point forward.

What the "apologists" as you put it, are saying, is that they understand this stuff. Sure not everyone will, but that's the beauty of it all isn't it? I could also turn around and say for all of you screaming "So many people resubbed or were going to resub just for this feature", would have probably whined even louder and then turned around and threatened to (or just would) unsub upon realizing it was broken, not functioning correctly, messed up server balance and everything else even more. So what difference does it make?

If you were TRULY looking forward to these changes, you'd understand that stuff happens and that new sub that you just got? Could be spent time learning all of the class changes, the game changes, the new warzone, strategies, and getting the new War Hero gear and your team ready ahead of time for when this goes live. That's the advantage that they see and it is there, whether people want to complain about it or not.

Sure they've had some stumbles along their way, and all of you can cite that they've been in development for "six years" though they've only been actively running the game for a few months and it's not all that bad.

I can see where you are coming from. But look at it like this as well. yea the idea is to get you to want to stay so you resub. kind of like giving a person a taste and then saying okay if you want more...pay up. all this stuff should have been in here at launch. And what about the "known Issue" where the game makes you re-down load it? but hey still pushing the patch with that not ready. They do not even offer a reason as to why it is not ready. And yes they are allowing people to vent. But watchout... they will remove your post if it is not to their liking. I build houses, if i do not complete on time i have to either give them their money back and they find someone eles or finnish it for free. So what do we expect now.. a free month? not likely. Just a sorry but here you go try this and we will have what you want next month after you resub. Now I also Have to remind people that they did say right out before launch to razor company that they were not focusing on pvp. the game is more pve. The only thing I can say is I am relizing that I do not enjoy buying only part of a game. Also I would like to add what about those people that were told that the elite comms were going to be useless and now they have spent them on garbage.... And I bet their alternate way to get the war hero set will involve those needed comms.

Edited by jkaraus

Lets look at the track record of pvp whiners shall we, " Illum is broken why did you put it in the game" and now "Ranked warzones arnt ready, thats it im quiting because your not putting in a bugged system into the game thats not ready"

Yup i think that just proves that pvpers will cry no matter what.

You hit the nail on the head. :)

if this is to refunds then he is correct, go read the eula and tos if you think he is wrong. its more bulletproof then a cevlar bra.

LOL, my room mate got a refund, I saw the correspondence. EULA doesn't mean jack, recent decisions have proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt. Kevlar, the word you are looking for is Kevlar, and a kevlar bra would be pretty small and useless.

Unsubbing, because Bioware/EA are already under fire from the FTC and BBB for false advertising related to mass effect 3, and this is further proof that lies and broken promises are their chose tools of the trade to rip customers off.

You do know that after the whole hacking incident, Sony tried to include in their EULA for Playstation network a clause in which you agreed to not sue them?

If the trailer and media coverage Ea-Bioware provided counts as advertising, and if it counts as advertising or not would be up to bunch of legal wiggy types, then EA-Boware would be in trouble under various 'bait and switch' laws.

For example I live in the UK, and EA-Bioware are on dodgy ground under long distance selling rules, as it is.

No they arnt, as it is a promo video for 1.2 and under the terms of the eula content maybe dropped or delayed.

So I know a lot of us resubbed because 1.2....But now that we have been LIED too, and deceived by false advertisement ...its only right that as consumers they offer refunds....

Lets all remember that they first said that this patch would be releasing in MARCH. Not only that, but now they claim that rank warzones are bugged. You know what, Ilum EV, a good portion of the flashpoints were also bugged ...BUT THEY WERE STILL RELEASED...

I'm so sick and tired of EA marketing ploys just to make a quick buck....and with the community already dwindling (low server populations) ....its only fair to our community to offer up refunds.

LMFAO..... refunds? Bahaha.... Good luck with that. :D

For those that are all "unsubed", bye can I have your stuff. ya you'll either not unsub or be back soon enough. Happened before in past mmo's and this is no different.

Also note when the ranked were coming out it was preseason, not season 1.

All those QQ I would be willing to bet all I own (house and all) would be QQ'ing if BW released a broken ranked system as it would seem that it is not working the way intended. So basically it is a no win for any game company, people QQ on something broken, or QQ because something hasn't been released fast enough.

I think they should use forum's and threads of the QQ'ers in sex ed talks, bet early pregnancy rates would drop drastically.

There is a big difference from removing ALL pvp together and not going add new shiny number next to your name.

So why bother to add any more raids? Aren't those just new numbers as well?

Players can keep grinding the same ones over and over-with insane grinds for gear progression. Beat a raid boss? 100 raid commendations-only 3000 for a piece of gear!

4 warzones, 4 raids-sounds good to me. Surely Soa is just as fun the 500th time as Huttball against the same premade is! Hell it's even easier since scripted bosses are even more predictable than the average pug team.

Did bioware hire all the ex soe dev's or what. We are paying for a game that is still in beta. Bioware claims to listen to the community. Over half the beta testers are pure pvp. I have not seen any action that would make me believe bioware is listening. I think bioware needs to concentrate on making a game for the community and not trying to take ideas from other mmo's, just to make a buck.

No they arnt, as it is a promo video for 1.2 and under the terms of the eula content maybe dropped or delayed.

EULA isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Get it, because it's not printed on anything, see what I'm saying, it's worthless, it means literally nothing, it's just there to make people THINK they are giving up your rights.

LOL, my room mate got a refund, I saw the correspondence. EULA doesn't mean jack, recent decisions have proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt. Kevlar, the word you are looking for is Kevlar, and a kevlar bra would be pretty small and useless.

LoL you think that eula isnt worth jack, and proof of refund or i call bs. ps ty on the kevlar thing mr spellchecker and it depends what your shooting at.

Just make sure it's ready when it is.

Yes thank you, some people are getting too worked up over this. I am sure when it does finally come out that it will be polished and great. Also all those people that are un-subbing will never see that final product. I shall stay loyal to you Bioware! :D

So I know a lot of us resubbed because 1.2....But now that we have been LIED too, and deceived by false advertisement ...its only right that as consumers they offer refunds....

Lets all remember that they first said that this patch would be releasing in MARCH. Not only that, but now they claim that rank warzones are bugged. You know what, Ilum EV, a good portion of the flashpoints were also bugged ...BUT THEY WERE STILL RELEASED...

I'm so sick and tired of EA marketing ploys just to make a quick buck....and with the community already dwindling (low server populations) ....its only fair to our community to offer up refunds.

BW and EA giving refunds?

You do know who were dealing with here right? These companies are notorious for being massive money grabbers who care little for their games and communities as long as they are making money.

Honestly even the fan boys can't defend how big of a **** up this is on bioware's part. Just let the game die IMO, its not like it wasn't already on its deathbed, good riddance.

EULA don't overwrite law, never have and never will.

Clearly other people in this thread see the promo material as an advertisement, if some one with legal power also views them that way, then EA-Bioware would be in a lot of trouble.

Hell Capcom are in more or less the same trouble right now with their latest fighter, and how it doesn't have a feature that in all the promos.