swtor is missing something.....

vayyne

in the star wars univ. they have holidays! like "life day"(x-mas), festival of love(v-day) and on and on....i would love to see swtor do updates and have some sorta celebration for these holidays! i played swg for years and had alot of fun with the stuff they set up for star wars holidays:)

in the star wars univ. they have holidays! like "life day"(x-mas), festival of love(v-day) and on and on....i would love to see swtor do updates and have some sorta celebration for these holidays! i played swg for years and had alot of fun with the stuff they set up for star wars holidays:)

Seeing as the game has yet to hit a world wide recognized holiday....

Give them time. Game was too fresh to kick in for V Day, New Years was way too early.

They said Holidays were coming. 1.2 was far more important.

Seeing as the game has yet to hit a world wide recognized holiday....

Give them time. Game was too fresh to kick in for V Day, New Years was way too early.

They said Holidays were coming. 1.2 was far more important.

Not sure why you would think they would be using any real life holidays. Don't get your hopes up on those because they will never be in game, Star Wars holidays i could see them doing down the road but r/l ones aren't going to happen.

congratulations. You just made ANOTHER thread about something we already know. Holidays are coming. Search next time.

Not sure why you would think they would be using any real life holidays. Don't get your hopes up on those because they will never be in game, Star Wars holidays i could see them doing down the road but r/l ones aren't going to happen.

yeah n o games out there will ever have a Christmas type day or halloween i mean thats totaly never ever going to happen and is sooooo unheard of

congratulations. You just made ANOTHER thread about something we already know. Holidays are coming. Search next time.

In game holiday events always cause a surge in population in WOW. Trust me when I say, SWTOR will have them as well. They may not call it "Christmas", but it will happen around Christmas time and it will also involve Christmas like events.

In game holiday events always cause a surge in population in WOW. Trust me when I say, SWTOR will have them as well. They may not call it "Christmas", but it will happen around Christmas time and it will also involve Christmas like events.

WRONG. Dev's said they will not have ANY holidays that coincide with real life ones. FACT.

I think its quite obvious that the devs are wrong and need to rethink that decision.

Actually, it's not quite obvious that the devs are wrong. I believe it's quite the opposite: they are possibly right.

Edited by terminova

I don't have any links, but as was stated before, Bioware has stated that there will be no holidays in SWTOR that are based on "real world" holidays. Any holidays that appear in SWTOR will be holidays in the Star Wars universe.

So there may or may not be holidays in SWTOR, but there will not be Christmas in SWTOR, etc.

They may not have holidays as such but they have discussed this in the guild summit:

Dynamic events: NOT TALKING ABOUT IT – server-wide limited time events

In –game events: limited time events, created by a dedicated team to make the SWTOR universe more dynamic. Can’t give out a lot of details right now – want to be more of a surprise.

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/05/swtor-guild-summitlive-blogging/

Edited by ScarletBlaze