Instead

Atalantia

The WZ's in the pre 50 are alot more fun and alot more balanced.

If you dont agree then thats your right

Instead of Rated warzones which your score is purely determined by

a) How many hours a day you spend online

b) see a and the time sink gear grind that makes skill a thing of the past

I would like an option to lock my XP gain so i never turn 50

But wait that would mean everyone would be able to get the same gear and weapons as me

OH NO PARITY!

But wait that would mean everyone would be able to get the same gear and weapons as me

OH NO PARITY!

Actually what it would lead to is a group of level 49 twinks.

1. Expertise - you can get a couple hundred expertise by removing mods from purchased gear by the time you are 49.

2. Ability - With bolster and equal skill a character that is significantly higher will roll a lower level character because of the ability differences (more CC, more variety, etc..)

3. Twinks will spend an incredible amount of time farming the BIS gear for their level, probably 49 in this case. So there will be a significant gear difference. About like facing a BM 50 verus a 50 in greens and quest blues.

The reason under 50 seems more balanced is because you can't stop your experience gain so you seldom run into pre-mades consisting of higher level characters. It does happen and when the opposing team is say level 40 and up and your team is level 30 and below you will normally be rolled.

If you don't think twinking will happen you haven't played MMOs where you can stop your experience gain (WoW is one).

Edited by Erasimus

OH NO PARITY!

I would agree except that the PvP gear change will make it easier to aquire PvP gear at a steady predictable rate as opposed to the current system that is completely random.

In the matter of a few weeks you will have fresh 50s in full War Hero gear. I have friends that have been battle master (some are War Hero rank now) for over a month and still aren't full BM gear because of crappy luck. The difference between Rated and Unrated are colors and the prestige that being rated carries. There is no stat difference. In the pre-50s bracket you have a lot of variables... gear is less important, but levels, skill points and abilities mean a lot more.

In the end you will have more people being balanced than even the pre-50 bracket offers. 320k credits for the recruit gear. You are looking at roughly a week or 2 for full BM gear and then about the same turn over for War Hero... all depending on playtime of course.

By the time the first season comes you will have most 50s in equal gear.

OH NO PARITY!

10-49 pvp is full of noobs(not in a bad way...they are just new to pvp), which is why it seems more balanced to you.

Rated warzones score is determined by skill/teamwork/gear. Most PvPers who are serious about rated already have full BM, so it will be balanced.

Also, just because you are 49, doesn't mean everyone has the same gear. In-fact, it was waaay more diverse at 49 than it is at 50. The difference between purple and green gear is tremendous.

You guys are crazy if you think pre fiddy is more fun. Id rather have a root canal than level another toon through pvp.

nice

And amen

And to the OP...

What you want is coming. It's going to be called the regular WZ queue. You can sate your desire to get good gear and play against people w/o it there... (aka TWINKING which is what you're suggesting)

Edited by Daxun