Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Inquisitors/Consulars... we all OK being the only pair to lose our level 46 ability?

Felioats

What would you put in its place? We might not replace it with anything (or at least not any time soon), but I'd still like to hear suggestions.

If they are to be replaced i would like to see something similar along the lines of how the original abilities played on the light/dark side and also how the ability directly effected your companion. (although i do think we should have a saber throw someplace, and also a ranged zero force ability, but that's another discussion i think)

So my suggestion for dark side is a "Cloud Mind with Anger/Fear ability" : a cast on your companion that would drastically increase their damage/healing output in a fury/rage but at the same time lower accuracy.

The light side counterpart could be the opposite. "Inspire Mind or Clear Mind or Calm Mind" perhaps increasing accuracy by a drastic amount, but increasing cast time or decreasing amount healed or damage done.

I also like the idea that both of these abilities are a "Mind Force / Persuasion" abilities as thinking off the top of my head i cannot think of any for my sorc. that i have.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a lvl 50 sorc aand lvl 50 sin. let me say as a sin i don have a 1 target big hitter like every1 els seems to do.. and for my sorc no when some loser deciedes he wants to not play the warzone and be a bug on my *** i have to shield and call out for help... if im killin u in a warzone with my healer... theres somthing wrong. give me my crit back

Add a Saber cleave we can use for AOE downtime that buffs Force Storm/Lacerate and their republic equals.

Cleave with your saber, dealing x damage to 4 targets and grants 1 stack of <whatever> increasing the damage/reducing the channel time of your next Lacerate or Force Storm by y, stacks twice.

It could even be different for healing Sorcs and add additional healing or whatever. Assassins need some aoe help anyways.

Edited by savagedialects

I think it is odd that nobody noticed this...But not all other classes even have a lvl 46 ability that could have been taken away....

IA/SM never had an ability they trained at lvl 46. http://www.torhead.com/abilities/class/4/level/1-50

See, nothing at lvl 46.

BH/Trooper base class doesn't learn anything at lvl 46 either: http://www.torhead.com/abilities/class/3/level/1-50

Powertech/vanguard learns their aoe stun, and merc/commando learns a cd...but base class learns nothing.

SW/JK gets viscous throw, so it used to be 1/2 of base classes learned something at lvl 46. Now it is 1/4 of base classes learn something at lvl 46. So the title of this thread is really odd.

Besides the fact that no other class had/has any ability that affects their companion (besides heals, buffs, and heroic moment that all classes have). Unity/sacrifice were the oddity, them being removed makes the classes more consistent, it doesn't not remove consistency.

Also, just a point for the OP: Sages/sorcs DO have a zero resource costing skill that scales off of their primary stat. Your primary stat increases all damage dealt, even your lightsaber attacks you learn pre-lvl 10. And while I know some people hate it when SWTOR is compared to any other game, in most RPG's mages/wizards/etc don't have a ranged auto-attack skill....and they don't have one in SWTOR either.

What would you put in its place? We might not replace it with anything (or at least not any time soon), but I'd still like to hear suggestions.

Ability: Ball Lightning

Force: 60 Force

Cooldown: 1 minute

Description:

Creates a small ball of lightning out of the caster's hand that very slowly moves towards the target over 12 seconds. The slowly moving ball damages enemies in it's path for a small amount of damage up to 10 times. Upon reaching it's target the ball dissipates doing moderate damage.

The one thing I feel we are missing is a defensive cooldown. As such I would recommend an ability where we summon a Force Ghost (could even be Kallig to stay with the Inquisitor story line) that would get between us and what is doing damage to us to absorb all or part of the damage we take for a few seconds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.