Centurion & Champion Commendation and 1.2

luftbyxa

The only thing they are good for is storage boxes.

Or a crafting box.

That's it. Stupid imho.

I was very frustrated to see how they made Cent and Champ gear in 1.2. I put a LOT of effort, time and pride into getting into full champ and into partial BM gear, only to see the gear I worked hard for to become trivial.

I don't really understand that one.

Now I have all my companions running around in Champ/Cent gear. At least they look decent.

I was very frustrated to see how they made Cent and Champ gear in 1.2. I put a LOT of effort, time and pride into getting into full champ and into partial BM gear, only to see the gear I worked hard for to become trivial.

I don't really understand that one.

Now I have all my companions running around in Champ/Cent gear. At least they look decent.

Why what is happening to the gear?

Edited by stephenalandavie

From what I understand (and i could be completely wrong) you can just buy entry level PVP gear (i read here around champion level). BM gear is also significantly easier to get and battle hero is now the top tier.

Is that right guys?

From what I understand (and i could be completely wrong) you can just buy entry level PVP gear (i read here around champion level). BM gear is also significantly easier to get and battle hero is now the top tier.

Is that right guys?

Champ/cent is going away.

The new tier 1 is called "recruit" which is pretty much on par with Champion for pvp. Champion has better stats, but recruit has alot more expertise. So probably about even.

Battlemaster can now be purchased with WZ comms. Around 1,000 each for the 5 main pieces, more for mainhand, less for relics and stuff

War hero is the new top tier pvp armor.

Is that right guys?

You can buy (for credits) a new set called "Recruit" which is blue, not moddable, and stat-wise is quite a bit worse than Champion. With ONE major exception -- it has far more expertise than Champion. With the increase in Expertise cap in 1.2, it's gonna be a bit of a tossup between using Champion and switching to the new Recruit stuff.

Battlemaster gear will no longer have a valor requirement (no gear does anymore) and can be purchased with Warzone commendations at a much lower price than what it currently takes to get it. The Expertise on BM gear is also greatly increased to make it better than Recruit gear in every way.

War Hero is the new tier and can be purchased with Rated Warzone Commendations and trading in an equivalent piece of BM gear (BM Vindicator Chest for WH Vindicator Chest, etc). Rated War Hero gear is an empty shell that is a different color from the regular War Hero stuff and requires rated WZ comms and a particular rating to buy.

With crafted custom gear being critable (gaining an augment slot), BiS pieces will be crit-crafted custom gear with the mods from WH gear (or better) placed in it.