Bounty hunter companions

Phebus

Just wondering if the bounty hunter is the only class with poor crafting companions? The agent and assassin at lvl 50 is so much easier to make decent gear with. I would be interested if someone could tell me wether trooper companions are equally as bad?

A plus 1 crit for blizz in armstech that crits up to 1 in 100 is a bit of a kick in the you know whats.

have you played any other classes?

+1 is all anyone crits.

Somewhere on the web I saw an article that breaks down the bonuses of every companion for every class and shows which skills work better for which classes.

Take a look at each of your companions and see which ones have bonuses in which skills.

Then shape your crew skill choices by that.

And don't forget your affection levels. It's not just about the romance story line, you'll get far more crits from 10k affection. I've maxed out affection on all companions except Guss (9k+) and rarely get a failure any more, and slicing missions frequently bring back purple missions and schematics. Even slicing nodes give schematics sometimes.

also, your sig. Is that a Runescape reference?

Edited by JacksonMo

have you played any other classes?

[i]+1 is all anyone crits[/i].

Somewhere on the web I saw an article that breaks down the bonuses of every companion for every class and shows which skills work better for which classes.

Take a look at each of your companions and see which ones have bonuses in which skills.

Then shape your crew skill choices by that.

And don't forget your affection levels. It's not just about the romance story line, you'll get far more crits from 10k affection I've maxed out affection on all companions except Guss (9k+) and rarely get a failure any more, and slicing missions frequently bring back purple missions and schematics. Even slicing nodes give schematics sometimes.

also, your sig. Is that a Runescape reference?

That is incorrect, Lieutenant Pierce (sith warrior) has a +2 Underworld Trading crit. Not that big a change, but some companions do have more than +1 to crit.

And everything else you posted is good info.

Edited by Tickdoff-Tank

That is incorrect, Lieutenant Pierce (sith warrior) has a +2 Underworld Trading crit. Not that big a change, but some companions do have more than +1 to crit.

And everything else you posted is good info.

Yes, but I think he was specifically refering to a crafting (armstech, artificing, biochem, etc) as opposed to gathering skills. Barely started BH and only character I have to 50 is an agent, and I think Temple gets +2 crit to armortech, but being biochem I never paid it much mind.

Edited by Rumblegut

Yes, but I think he was specifically refering to a crafting (armstech, artificing, biochem, etc) as opposed to gathering skills. Barely started BH and only character I have to 50 is an agent, and I think Temple gets +2 crit to armortech, but being biochem I never paid it much mind.

The sticky on top of this forum has a list of all crafting bonuses for all companions. Off the top of my head I recall the jedi knight has +5 crit scythweaving and +5 crit biochem, the trooper has +5 crit armormech and the smuggler has +5 crit armstech

With the bounty hunter, it is clear they focused far more on the story than actual playability. It is the best storyline by far, but that doesn't change the fact that the character has a lot of problems, and that's just one of them. The companions in general are a pretty big problem (you really have Mako, Torian and then a bunch of extras), but they all serve important parts in the story and make your little family more fun to play.

In general, playing a BH feels more like you are playing a KOTOR game and less like you are playing an MMO.