The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question on AP skill tree ability

Trevellian

I'm currenlty shield tech but am looking to try other specs to see what suits me best - play roughly 80% PvP and 20% PvE.

I was looking at the advanced prototype skill tree for the powertech, and I can't determine exactly what is meant by the description of the skill "Kolto Vents" (tier 5). The description I read on torhead is:

"when you vent heat, you regen 7% of your health over 10 seconds".

What I can't decide is if that is triggered only when you use the BH ability "Vent Heat", or if it triggers whenever you vent heat - for example if you specced "Prototype Cylinder Ventilation" will a proc of that also proc "Kolto Vents"?

I can't imagine this being the case, otherwise one would be constantly regaining health, but can someone with that spec confirm?

Cheers

I'm currenlty shield tech but am looking to try other specs to see what suits me best - play roughly 80% PvP and 20% PvE.

I was looking at the advanced prototype skill tree for the powertech, and I can't determine exactly what is meant by the description of the skill "Kolto Vents" (tier 5). The description I read on torhead is:

"when you vent heat, you regen 7% of your health over 10 seconds".

What I can't decide is if that is triggered only when you use the BH ability "Vent Heat", or if it triggers whenever you vent heat - for example if you specced "Prototype Cylinder Ventilation" will a proc of that also proc "Kolto Vents"?

I can't imagine this being the case, otherwise one would be constantly regaining health, but can someone with that spec confirm?

Cheers

do not worry about it the talent is being changed tomarrow with the patch, it will be a 6 second snare that goes with RB

Pretty much. Just for trivia's sake, this skill only worked when you used the "Vent Heat" cooldown ability, not whenever you vented heat through any other means.

If it was vent heat through any means it would be OP.